Ultimates V2 #9 discussion (SPOILERS!!)

Who appears in this issue as members of the ultmates.

Black Widow
Thor
Fury
Stark
Hawkeye
Pietro
Wanda

the question is: Who's left.

Cap
Janet.

I predict Janet will play a key role, just because Millar likes to keep things close to his chest.

According to Hitch, #10 opens with the reveal of who the villains are and where they're from and what they do.

I'm guessing when we normally have the heads of the Ultimates on the 'previous on Ultimates' page, we'll have the villains heads. It's as if, they've taken over the title - especially since it's them in their hero poses on the front cover.

Just to let everyone know, in terms of when the next Ultimates issue ships (#10), its currently scheduled for January 18, so only a little over a month from now. Do any of us think it actually will ship then? I seriously doubt it. And since no Ultimates issue is shipping in March, I'd say its more likely Ultimates 2 #10 will be delayed to sometime in February, with #11 shipping in April, and #12 shipping in June or July.

DIrishB said:
I know, I know. But its the way it is. I'm just now realizing how much the Ultimates is like a drug. It gets you totally addicted, but just leads to disappointment and depression when you can't get your fix on a reasonable time-schedule. Plus I get all jittery after reading an issue.

Then what the hell's going to happen to those addicts when it ends next year? I mean, sure, Loeb and Mad may be good, but it certainly won't be the same book.

Re: Tony's Eyes

leather_w0lf said:
Well, I went through all my issues of Ultimates 2 this weekend to look into the Brown v. Blue eyes with Tony.

There seems to be Brown eyes every issue except 2 consecutive issues in which he has Blue eyes.

I believe they were issues 4 & 5 - I don't have my notes with me.

I DID NOT check on Jarvis' eyes.

Seems like this could be a faux paus.

Leather

Maybe that's what having a brain all over your body would do to you. :D

Last edited:
So I read through 1-9 last night, and I'm still trying to figure out the end of #7, and exactly who it was in Hawkeye's house. It looks to me as though Hawkeye actually KNEW the the person, and the dialog suggests that the other person knew Hawkeye fairly well - well enough to call him by his first name. That can be misleading, though, as Hawkeye's identity is public (which seems rather short-sighted of everyone involved - Ultimate Hawkeye is one of the very FEW characters in comics who actually had a reason for a secret ID). Tonally, the dialog actually sounds like the "doctor" in the beginning of #9, but Millar is not always good at establishing a character's unique "voice" - a lot of characters sound the same, in speech pattern

So far we know that the "secret" security recordings seemed to show Captain America, and it seems like there are two options there:
-- It was someone who LOOKED liked Cap.
-- The recordings have been altered. Between when the murders occur (sometime late at night) and when the forensics team is in the house (sometime during daylight), there is easily enough time for the security recordings to be altered. To be altered, someone had to know the "secret" recordings existed in the first place.

The first option (someone who looked like Cap) -
-- We're pretty sure it was NOT actually Cap (or at least not the guy we think of as Steve Rogers, Captain America, let's not get into Fury's sudden assumption that Cap is not actually Cap).
-- Who looks like Cap? I've seen suggestions that it was Hank Pym in his "Cap" suit, but for all Hank's jerkishness, I can NOT see him shooting a child in the back of the head. Shooting Hawkeye with tranqs? Sure. But not as a cold-blooded murderer. None of the "Anti-Ultimates" actually look like Cap, either, though.

The second option (the recording has been altered)
-- The recording wasn't electronically altered, it was never a correct image due to Loki's influence. I guess this is possible, but I don't like this option, it seems to go against the themes and tones of the Ultimates. Loki's influence has been through being a "mover and shaker" behind the scenes rather than direct, overt action.
-- Who knew the recordings existed? Fury. Probably Hawkeye. Black Widow is a possibility. Who could alter the recordings? Black Widow maybe, Hank Pym definitely. The recordings were not being actively monitored (or SHIELD would have known what happened real-time) so someone might have had time to get into a database somewhere.
-- If the recordings were altered, it means that the actual killer doesn't have to be anyone in the Ultimates.

So what is YOUR guess for who it is at the end of #7, given what you know from #8-9?

Bass said:
I stopped caring, comrade.

Bah, you still care, and even if you want to think you don't, you can put your Caring Hat back on and speculate to amuse me. Go on, demolish my arguments. You know you can.

I saw Syriana last night, the only movie I've ever seen and wished I hadn't (not that I thought it wasn't a good movie, more that I thought it was a little TOO accurate), and speculating over Ultimates seems much more fun than contemplating real-life oil shenanigans.

Last edited:
Rhyo said:
Bah, you still care, and even if you want to think you don't, you can put your Caring Hat back on and speculate to amuse me. Go on, demolish my arguments. You know you can.

*puts on Caring Hat*

I agree with your speculation.

*eats Caring Hat because there is no cake*

In all honesty, I do care about Ultimates, but I'm done on the traitor and the motives.

But if you want my opinion - Black Widow knew about Fury's super secret tapes and altered them so it would look like Captain America. Hawkeye could see Black Widow as she is. She did all this because she's Russian and a spy.

Godammit. Quicksilver would've been a more interesting traitor. Black Widow? BLACK WIDOW?

:arrgh:

Latest posts

Back