Ultimates V2 #9 discussion (SPOILERS!!)

The whole "Black Widow being the traitor" was too obvious and seemed like a cop out. I would've been blown away more if the traitor was Capt America and he did all this for the nation's security and protection in reference to the conversation he had with Fury about the "future of war".

In order to protect America he had to stop Fury's creation.

Meh......

Victor Von Doom said:
The whole "Black Widow being the traitor" was too obvious and seemed like a cop out. I would've been blown away more if the traitor was Capt America and he did all this for the nation's security and protection in reference to the conversation he had with Fury about the "future of war".

In order to protect America he had to stop Fury's creation.

Meh......

It still might be possible. I heard rumors that Widow isn't the traitor.

thee great one said:
Right Here, Post #5

In case you don't know Stuart is the editor for the handbooks. So he has special insight. But he might be yanking our chain too.

I think you're reading too much into that. I don't think he's privvy to any MAJOR information like that. The handbook didn't say anything that I didn't think already reading the book. We haven't seen the full story with Natasha. Or Pym for that matter.

As for Rhyo's question on who the intruder could have been - I couldn't even begin to try and guess. It could have just been one of the regular soldiers, I guess. I am still thinking that Loki is the one responsible for altering the tapes, and I do think they were altered.

UltimateE said:
I think you're reading too much into that. I don't think he's privvy to any MAJOR information like that. The handbook didn't say anything that I didn't think already reading the book. We haven't seen the full story with Natasha. Or Pym for that matter.

As for Rhyo's question on who the intruder could have been - I couldn't even begin to try and guess. It could have just been one of the regular soldiers, I guess. I am still thinking that Loki is the one responsible for altering the tapes, and I do think they were altered.

That why I said rumor.

UltimateE said:
I agree.

UltimateE said:
http://www.ultimatecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3968&page=11

"The writers have plans, which I don't know (because that way I can't accidentally let slip), didn't ask to know, and don't wish to either pre-empt or contradict."

I'm privvy to as much information as is needed for writing the books. Sometimes that's major info, sometimes that's not. As I said in the quote above, I deliberately don't ask for more info than I need, as that way I can't let slip, plus I get to enjoy the surprises like everyone else. I can and do ask the editors and writers for clarifications where needed - with the release of Ultimates 2 #9, we did ask "So, Natasha is the traitor?" and "So, does Loki appearing confirm Thor's a god (because then we'll need to re-write the entry to clarify that)?", and in both cases we were told that neither of those should be assumed from that issue. #9 provides new evidence...but the mysteries might not yet be explained.

Stuart said:
I'm privvy to as much information as is needed for writing the books. Sometimes that's major info, sometimes that's not. As I said in the quote above, I deliberately don't ask for more info than I need, as that way I can't let slip, plus I get to enjoy the surprises like everyone else. I can and do ask the editors and writers for clarifications where needed - with the release of Ultimates 2 #9, we did ask "So, Natasha is the traitor?" and "So, does Loki appearing confirm Thor's a god (because then we'll need to re-write the entry to clarify that)?", and in both cases we were told that neither of those should be assumed from that issue. #9 provides new evidence...but the mysteries might not yet be explained.
That's veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery interesting. Thanks Stuart. :D

Stuart said:
http://www.ultimatecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3968&page=11

"The writers have plans, which I don't know (because that way I can't accidentally let slip), didn't ask to know, and don't wish to either pre-empt or contradict."

I dunnoooooo... I think you're made of evil.

Bass said:
I dunnoooooo... I think you're made of evil.
Well, my online name in a lot of places is Loki (and has been for years, long before the Ultimates I hasten to add). Purely coincidental...
:sick:, :evil: and :twisted:

Stuart said:
Well, my online name in a lot of places is Loki (and has been for years, long before the Ultimates I hasten to add). Purely coincidental...
Supremely coincidental since my real name is Stuart.

Dunno 'bout you man, but I'm way freaked out.

Stuart said:

Loki isn't evil. He's just... misguided. He had a bad childhood, donchaknow.

YOU on the other hand.

Everyone: "Black Widow is the traitor and Thor is a god."
Evil You: "She may not be, and neither He. MWAHAHAHAA! *twirl moustache, exit stage left*"

EVIL I tells ya.

Guijllons said:
Supremely coincidental since my real name is Stuart.

Dunno 'bout you man, but I'm way freaked out.

This is weird. Perhaps you are like a doppelganger? The same, yet eerily different?

Latest posts

Back