Ultimates V2 #9 discussion (SPOILERS!!)

TheManWithoutFear said:
I haven't been banned once. And there's no way in Hell I'm risking a month away from you guys.

I stand by it though. No Latveria = MWoF banned for a week.
No, no. Too late. You already staked your membership. No take backs. :wink:

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
I wasn't being literal before. Now I am. 1 Week.
I SAID NO TAKE BACKS! TOO LATE! BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

:twisted:​

As for the issue, I shall comment tomorrow when I pick it up. Stupid freezing wind and work.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I haven't been banned once. And there's no way in Hell I'm risking a month away from you guys.

I stand by it though. No Latveria = MWoF banned for a week.

Really? You've never been banned? Even when you were XTLyons? I could've sworn you had been. But then again I have the memory of a fruit fly, so that could explain the lapse.

moonmaster said:
Oh yeah?! You think you're something, you think you're bad?! I'll show you bad!!!

*grabs crotch*

HOO-HOO!

*turns into zombie*

*bites DIB*

*molests sick young zombie*

That's the Moony we all know and secretly fear.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm sorry to be the fanboy but I'm gonna toss it out there.

New York's being attacked and Fantastic Four and The X-Men are taken care of.

Spider-Man, Moon Knight, Daredevil? A reference would be nice. They all probably have their hands full right now.

Yeah but DD and Spidey could only keep some of the foot soliders busy, they can't make a dent in the main invasion force and wouldn't stand a chance against the evil Ultimates. The Evil Ultimates like just deemed them irrelevant.

The Overlord said:
Yeah but DD and Spidey could only keep some of the foot soliders busy, they can't make a dent in the main invasion force and wouldn't stand a chance against the evil Ultimates. The Evil Ultimates like just deemed them irrelevant.

What the...? It's not like I said Daredevil and Spider-Man are gonna come in an save the day. You're making me look like a jackass.

Someone: "You do that yourself"

Me: "This is entrapment. I in no way meant that Daredevil and Spider-Man should come save the day. I meant what I said. There should be a reference at least to Spider-Man."

TheManWithoutFear said:
What the...? It's not like I said Daredevil and Spider-Man are gonna come in an save the day. You're making me look like a jackass.

Me: "This is entrapment. I in no way meant that Daredevil and Spider-Man should come save the day. I meant what I said. There should be a reference at least to Spider-Man."

I agree. As you and Overlord said, they wouldn't be much help in terms of the battle, but it should be touched upon in ALL the Ultimate titles, even minorly. Especially minorly, actually.

TheManWithoutFear said:

Never said that, don't put words in my mouth.:wink:

What I am saying is that the effect Spidey and DD could make on this invasion force is so minimal that the Evil Ultimates would not even notice them, so they wouldn't bother taking them into account.

The Overlord said:
Never said that, don't put words in my mouth.:wink:

What I am saying is that the effect Spidey and DD could make on this invasion force is so minimal that the Evil Ultimates would not even notice them, so they wouldn't bother taking them into account.

It looked like that. And again Quicksilver alone isn't gonna make much of a difference. That's why I'm only talkin in references.

Just read the issue. Guess we have George W. to blame for this.

Judging from the vast spectrum of speculation here, though, this issue answered virtually no questions and raised more than the whole series combined. Nobody saw Hawkeye die the previous issue, so it wasn't surprising he's alive. Nobody saw Stark die, so I can only assume he's not dead. Yeah, Loki and Thor said they were gods again, but I didn't see any confirmation from Odin. And what's up with the guy wearing Thor's tech?

I have no idea where this is going, other than the fact that we'll have a reasonable facsimile of the Ultimate Avengers by the time it's over. The core characters will rally and win--Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Wasp, probably Pym--but the whole anti-Ultimates as weapons of countries that can barely keep afloat without the U.S. economy seems lame.

This was a letdown because I think many people were hoping it would answer all the questions, when in fact it's just a transitional issue (and kind of a clunky, slapdash one) to the conclusion, which is going to be of a united Ultimate Avengers of familiar characters. And Joe Mad will outdraw Hitch's Wanda, with much more butt cleavage.

John Q. Public said:
this issue answered virtually no questions
Aw man! You mean we don't find out the answer to the question of who's the traitor! THAT'S IT! I WANT MY $2.99 BACK! I'll give it to TGO, who needs it. He won't have to go work his...low job.

John Q. Public said:

Judging from the vast spectrum of speculation here, though, this issue answered virtually no questions and raised more than the whole series combined. Nobody saw Hawkeye die the previous issue, so it wasn't surprising he's alive. Nobody saw Stark die, so I can only assume he's not dead. Yeah, Loki and Thor said they were gods again, but I didn't see any confirmation from Odin. And what's up with the guy wearing Thor's tech?

I have no idea where this is going, other than the fact that we'll have a reasonable facsimile of the Ultimate Avengers by the time it's over. The core characters will rally and win--Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Wasp, probably Pym--but the whole anti-Ultimates as weapons of countries that can barely keep afloat without the U.S. economy seems lame.

This was a letdown because I think many people were hoping it would answer all the questions, when in fact it's just a transitional issue (and kind of a clunky, slapdash one) to the conclusion, which is going to be of a united Ultimate Avengers of familiar characters. And Joe Mad will outdraw Hitch's Wanda, with much more butt cleavage.

Admit it; you masturbated off to this issue.

John Q. Public said:

What answers are you looking for? You are a strange one. :roll:

TheManWithoutFear said:
It looked like that. And again Quicksilver alone isn't gonna make much of a difference. That's why I'm only talkin in references.

Actually Quicksilver is way more powerful then Spidey and DD, super speed is one of those powers that is hard to counter.

The Overlord said:
Actually Quicksilver is way more powerful then Spidey and DD, super speed is one of those powers that is hard to counter.
Here's an easy way:

ice the floor/ground, or do what Jean did in Evolution and pick him up. :p

It's still all ambiguous. Widow is the traitor? Somebody on this interminable thread suggested she's playing a double game. I was looking for some wow factor about what had occurred previously. Instead, we get a bunch of new guys in constumes. And a lot of apocalyptic art that seemed like filler.

I have to go read Jonah Hex #2 now.

Latest posts

Back