Ultimization Game Discussion Thread

Re: Ultimization Game?

Obviously I can't play in the first round, since I'll probably be starting it off.
True, but you should still count yourself as a player.

I'm up for it. The game has been on hiatus long enough for it to feel fresh and enthusiastic again, and we can sustain it at the same one-round-per-week rate that we had, at the beginning.

In any case, I know there was a debate about how long the round should last for (conceputualization time until deadline; voting period), and I *don't* look forward to that again, but I guess we need to reach some kind of consensus this time, right?
There were a couple of adjustments in the schedule as the game progressed, but basically the character was announced and everyone had five days to write up his/her entry. (The five-day period usually included the weekend, since most people had more free time on Saturday and/or Sunday.) So, the character would be announced on, say, Wednesday, and everyone would have until Monday evening to write up his/her entry. Then there were two days of voting via PM to whoever was running that round, and then the winner would be announced. The winner chose the next character and served as the MC for that round.

I know at one time we at least talked about going to a 10-day cycle for the game instead, but I can't remember if that ever actually happened. MWoF might have a better handle on that than I do.

I know at one time we at least talked about going to a 10-day cycle for the game instead, but I can't remember if that ever actually happened. MWoF might have a better handle on that than I do.

I don't care what the cycle is. I'm handing it off. Too many people felt that they couldn't be bothered coming up with on the spot ultimizations. It's it's own monster now. I'll just be active as a contributor.

One suggestion I have is that once the character is announced, it might be a good idea to provide a link or two to information about that character, for those of us who aren't familiar with him/her/it.

Also, somewhere after the fifth round or so, perhaps the mods could start gathering the entries into a single thread, provide links to each entry for each character, and archive it somewhere so it doesn't get lost.

Alright, I'll start the first round on Wednesday, and it will end on Monday evening. If anyone has the rules handy, or can remember them, could they please PM them to me? Makes it a lot simpler.

Alright, I'll start the first round on Wednesday, and it will end on Monday evening. If anyone has the rules handy, or can remember them, could they please PM them to me? Makes it a lot simpler.
I'm not playing, but to help the others, do you mean your Wednesday (our Tuesday) or our Wednesday (your Thursday) for it to begin?

And the ending, your Monday is our Sunday, and our Monday is your Tuesday.

I'm not playing, but to help the others, do you mean your Wednesday (our Tuesday) or our Wednesday (your Thursday) for it to begin?

And the ending, your Monday is our Sunday, and our Monday is your Tuesday.

I'm being considerate and using the stupid American time system.

I might start the thread tonight however, then you all have a few hours extra to begin.

One thing I was wondering was how dose it work?

do you do a profle e.g name , weight ect....

or

like a mini story

or

other?

or

like a mini story

or

other?
Yes.

:D

Actually, that depends on the poster and/or the character. Some people have done very elaborate write-ups of the characters' ultimized background. Others just do a one- or two-paragraph summary of how they think the character would fit into the Ultimate Universe. You can do it as a CIS (character information sheet) if you prefer, where you list name, age, hair and eye color, other vital statistics, and then background and so on.

If you're not sure, you might want to look at what other people post before you jump in and start playing.

or

like a mini story

or

other?

To piggy-back on what Seldes said....

One of the more common formats is to introduce them in a mini format or if the character is lesser known---have them as a character in an existing UU series. Like say Ultimate Banshee appearing in UXM.

People would then outline the basic arc in paragraphs (normally 1-2 paragraphs per issue). So if your Banshee arc was only 4 issues long...you might only have 4 paragraphs.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Yes.

:D

Actually, that depends on the poster and/or the character. Some people have done very elaborate write-ups of the characters' ultimized background. Others just do a one- or two-paragraph summary of how they think the character would fit into the Ultimate Universe. You can do it as a CIS (character information sheet) if you prefer, where you list name, age, hair and eye color, other vital statistics, and then background and so on.

If you're not sure, you might want to look at what other people post before you jump in and start playing.

To piggy-back on what Seldes said....

One of the more common formats is to introduce them in a mini format or if the character is lesser known---have them as a character in an existing UU series. Like say Ultimate Banshee appearing in UXM.

People would then outline the basic arc in paragraphs (normally 1-2 paragraphs per issue). So if your Banshee arc was only 4 issues long...you might only have 4 paragraphs.

Hope that helps.

Cool thanks guys

When is this starting?

I am gonna participate. It's just been hectic here at work. Since I don't have any internet at home....I'm gonna do up my story tonight and post it first thing tomorrow morning.

I know I'll have missed the deadline but at least I contributed.

A personal first: I managed to post a response. It's not meant as a competitive entry, just posted for everyone's amusement.

Project X2, thanks for the links. They were most helpful.

Latest posts

Back