Uncanny X-Men series discussion (Spoilers!)

• Help support The Comic Board :

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
The latest issue of Uncanny was a vast improvement over the dull first arc. We have Colossus encountering some evil person from his past, Emma taking a trip through Scott's mind and encountering his mysterious black box, and Beast and Angel meeting up with Mr. Nemesis, the supposedly co-creator of the original Human Torch and expert Supernazi hunter. Ah, Fraction, you are so crazy.

I also like Dodson's art a lot more than Land's. I did notice that Brubaker is no longer co writing... maybe this will be a good thing. Brubaker's X-Men always seemed kind of off to me.

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
Dr. Nemesis is awesome. He's like something straight outta Warren Ellis' crazy, depraved mind.

It's a shame his Astonishing X-Men can't be as crazy awesome.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
About an upcoming issue:

Issue #512 is a stand-alone story that involves the X-Men traveling back in time to find the parents of the very first mutant on Earth.

Apocalypse's parents???

E

Excelsior Club
About an upcoming issue:

Issue #512 is a stand-alone story that involves the X-Men traveling back in time to find the parents of the very first mutant on Earth.

Apocalypse's parents???
I haven't been keeping up - is this still written by Brubaker?

Jaggyd

The member formerly known as skotti-chan
About an upcoming issue:

Apocalypse's parents???
and wouldn't that involve traveling forward in time?

Gemini

and wouldn't that involve traveling forward in time?
Huh? Apocalypse was born in ancient egypt, so unless you think time is cyclicle they'd have to go back. Unless I missed some story where it was revealed that Apoc's parents were from the future and came back to ancient Egypt and gave birth to him.

I wonder who Fraction will use as the first mutant, Apocalypse, Selene, or one of the other dozen characters that have claimed to be the first.

E

Excelsior Club
Does anyone know anything about the TPB collection which contains #500 and related issues?

From Uncanny X-Men page at TPBWiki:

• Divided We Stand (collects Uncanny X-Men #495-499)
  • Lovelorn (collects Uncanny X-Men #504-507, Uncanny X-Men Annual)

I can't seem to find any information anywhere about the collection containing #500-203. Anyone know?

E

Excelsior Club
Does anyone know anything about the TPB collection which contains #500 and related issues?

From Uncanny X-Men page at TPBWiki:

• Divided We Stand (collects Uncanny X-Men #495-499)
  • Lovelorn (collects Uncanny X-Men #504-507, Uncanny X-Men Annual)

I can't seem to find any information anywhere about the collection containing #500-203. Anyone know?
I demand answers!

Shihad

Yeah there a big hardcover coming out with those 500-503 and then a few of the manifest destiny mini series?
It was in one of the latest previews but it not out yet.
Can not find it on amazon, but i have seen it, cause i was going to buy it, but when it comes out in paperback

E

Excelsior Club
Confusion...from Amazon:

This title collects "Uncanny X-Men number 500-503", "X-Men Free Comic Book Day number 1", and "Manifest Destiny: Dazzler", "Karma", "Mercury/X-23", "Colossus", "Emma Frost", "Graymalkin" & "Juggernaut".
I can find nothing on teh intarwebz about "Manifest Destiny: Dazzler" or "Manifest Destiny: Karma" or any of the others mentioned. Are those actual books? Or actual names of books? Or are they like short stories from certain issues?

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
They did two X-men - Manifest Destiny issues that had many stories by different writers and artists.

I really liked some of them. Like the Boom-Boom one post-Nextwave. Why they don't collect the entire issues is beyond me.
And that doesn't look like it has all the accurate information on Amazon as Mike Carey didn't write anything but a couple of the short stories.

Last edited:

E

Excelsior Club
They did two X-men - Manifest Destiny issues that had many stories by different writers and artists.

I really liked some of them. Like the Boom-Boom one post-Nextwave. Why they don't collect the entire issues is beyond me.
And that doesn't look like it has all the accurate information on Amazon as Mike Carey didn't write anything but a couple of the short stories.
So just to make sure I understand...There is X-Men: Manifest Destiny #1-2. Within those 2 issues are stories titled "Dazzler", "Karma", "Juggernaut", etc. Is that right?