Universe X Discussion *Spoilers*

Bass said:
I hate Universe X.

I just starting reading it to keep up with E to make sure I could help him should he be confused... and I've spent the last three days reading it. I just finished it.

CURSE YOU UNIVERSE X!

Also, one part of the story confuses me still. I still don't get it.

So...
Who is the figure in ice that Belasco sees? It's not Kurt Wagner, even as a human because he's got two arms. It's not Arcturus Rann, as I thought it might be. I thought it might be the original Belasco that was supposed to be freed instead of Kurt, but the person looks familiar. I don't know who it is. The fact that they have a sword makes me think it might be Wayfinder or one of the Subatomica, but it doesn't look like any of them. Who is it? Anyone worked it out? If you know, be sure to put the answer in spoiler tags!

And where are up to now, E?

I finished book 1, and visited a ton of bookstores this past weekend looking for Vol. 2 with no luck. Motor City Comic Con is in 2 weeks - I'm sure I'll be able to find it there.

I forgot to mention probably the coolest thing in this book - the true origin of Captain America. An Aryan super solider. That is ****ing brilliant and made perfect sense. I loved it.

I think I get it so far...it's hard to clear up what I don't know because I feel like it will be answered in book 2 and I don't want to ruin it by asking.

As an aside, I ruined this book for myself. I was flipping through it when I got it and saw the last page where Isaac tells Mr. Church he knows he's Mephisto.

And what's worse - by some miracle I was able to find Paradise X book 2 this weekend, and I restrained myself enough to not flip through it, but I was reading the back cover and saw that apparently in Universe X
Thanos is the one who kills Death.

I didn't want to know that. :(

I forgot to mention probably the coolest thing in this book - the true origin of Captain America. An Aryan super solider. That is ****ing brilliant and made perfect sense. I loved it.

what? I don't remember that.

E said:
I finished book 1, and visited a ton of bookstores this past weekend looking for Vol. 2 with no luck. Motor City Comic Con is in 2 weeks - I'm sure I'll be able to find it there.

I think I get it so far...it's hard to clear up what I don't know because I feel like it will be answered in book 2 and I don't want to ruin it by asking.

As an aside, I ruined this book for myself. I was flipping through it when I got it and saw the last page where Isaac tells Mr. Church he knows he's Mephisto.

And what's worse - by some miracle I was able to find Paradise X book 2 this weekend, and I restrained myself enough to not flip through it, but I was reading the back cover and saw that apparently in Universe X

Yeah, that's a big spoiler. It totally changes his character.

I still say what happens to the character at the end of Paradise X is one of them ost brilliant things in the series.

Last edited:
never read universe X but I saw a toy on ebay of earth X venom. If earth X and universe X = same thing. Why was venom red and black? It looked like venom was wearing carnage colours

sjmole said:
never read universe X but I saw a toy on ebay of earth X venom. If earth X and universe X = same thing. Why was venom red and black? It looked like venom was wearing carnage colours

The symbiote bonded with Peter's daughter. She was able to control it. I don't recall if it was ever said why it took those colors.

E said:
The symbiote bonded with Peter's daughter. She was able to control it. I don't recall if it was ever said why it took those colors.

Ah ok. Seems to make sence then if she could control it she could make it red like her daddy's suit. I guess. Sounds cool thou

sjmole said:
Ah ok. Seems to make sence then if she could control it she could make it red like her daddy's suit. I guess. Sounds cool thou

I don't recall the specifics but they aren't exactly on very good terms. It's possible she wanted to establish her own identity...I don't remember.

E said:

That spoiler is small potatoes, imho.

Also, I've been reading Universe X so you can ask a question and can tell you if you're supposed to know now or if you'll get it later. Just tell me what issue you got up to, so I know how far you are into it.

Also, you could try downloading vol 2 if you can't find a copy.

Also, May/Venom is cool. :D

Bass said:
That spoiler is small potatoes, imho.

Also, I've been reading Universe X so you can ask a question and can tell you if you're supposed to know now or if you'll get it later. Just tell me what issue you got up to, so I know how far you are into it.

Also, you could try downloading vol 2 if you can't find a copy.

Also, May/Venom is cool. :D

Cool. I'm going to read through it again this week (or try anyway) and see if I can pin down exactly what I'm unclear on.

Bass said:

Where are you?!?!

I'm up to Chapter 9, just after Baby Marv kills Supremor. Wow.

So...the whole reason alternate realities exist is basically so Mephisto can rule the/a world? That's brilliant enough - does it go deeper than that?

This is so unbelievable. I feel like I'm studying for my thesis, but not because it is like work. There is just so much going on...I've never read a story like this. it's even more involved than Earth X. I love it.

Universe X is overrated.

It's good, but not anything to orgasm over. Earth X is quite good on it's own.

I still haven't finished Paradise X.

Bass said:
So...
Who is the figure in ice that Belasco sees? It's not Kurt Wagner, even as a human because he's got two arms. It's not Arcturus Rann, as I thought it might be. I thought it might be the original Belasco that was supposed to be freed instead of Kurt, but the person looks familiar. I don't know who it is. The fact that they have a sword makes me think it might be Wayfinder or one of the Subatomica, but it doesn't look like any of them. Who is it? Anyone worked it out? If you know, be sure to put the answer in spoiler tags!

I am also confused by this.

Bass said:
So...

I just realized something -

Didn't Kurt lose his arm *after* he had reverted back to human? So it very well could be him if that's the case. I still don't get the sword though.

E said:
I just realized something -

Didn't Kurt lose his arm *after* he had reverted back to human? So it very well could be him if that's the case. I still don't get the sword though.
Nope. He lost the arm at the same time as he became homo sapiens.

Ultimate Houde said:
Guys, its a spoiler thread, why the tags?
Because it looks cool? :p
Actually I just followed the flow but I don't remember if what I posted is revealed in Universe X or Paradise X (I read them both right after the other in about two days so the have somewhat melted together for me :wink: ).

Ultimate Houde said:
Guys, its a spoiler thread, why the tags?

Because a couple of us were in the process of reading it and weren't finished yet, so we didn't want EVERYTHING spoiled by people who wanted to discuss the whole thing.

Latest posts

Back