Universe X Discussion *Spoilers*

After reading the two trades again, I really love how epic and brillant this book is.

Bloody brillant. I need to read Paradise X still.

I like Universe X better than Earth X.

I've read Earth X numerous times...I've only read Paradise and Universe once each. I need to read them again.

:rockon:

Anyone care to explain the frozen body in ice? I'm still confused as that body isn't Nightcrawler. I don't know who it is. :?

:rockon:

Anyone care to explain the frozen body in ice? I'm still confused as that body isn't Nightcrawler. I don't know who it is. :?

It's Belasco. If I remember correctly, Belasco is a time displaced Nightcrawler who was an amnesiac. Eventually, he is told who his is and Belasco/Nightcrawler rejoins the good guys.

It's Belasco. If I remember correctly, Belasco is a time displaced Nightcrawler who was an amnesiac. Eventually, he is told who his is and Belasco/Nightcrawler rejoins the good guys.

That's what I thought, but it doesn't look like Belasco, Nightcrawler, or even human Nightcrawler. :?

Christ, I can't remember. I think #11 or so. Belasco is told he's Nightcrawler, so he 'ports to the savage land and sees 'the body' encased in ice - and I don't know who's it's meant to be. They seem to be holding a cane or sword or something.

The X Trilogy was the first series I can remember that made me think about things in life.

This may or may not be a bad thing.

Does anyone know if the newer reprints have any material that the original TPBs don't have? The Earth X hardcover had some cool extras that weren't in the original TPB, and I couldn't tell by looking at the books if the new Universe X books did as well.

Does anyone know if the newer reprints have any material that the original TPBs don't have? The Earth X hardcover had some cool extras that weren't in the original TPB, and I couldn't tell by looking at the books if the new Universe X books did as well.

I wouldn't know. But, I'm curious. Does the Earth X Hardcover have the 1/2 issue? Because I hate owning all the TPBs from Earth X to Paradise X. . .and then having the single Earth X #1/2.

I finially got around to reading the Earth X trilogy, and I'm just starting Universe X. I thought Earth X was brilliant, and although I dont think I like the art as much in Universe, I cant wait to see the story unfold.

Re-reading this now.

I can't wait to get to the part where Loki suggests Absobing Man become Vibranium. It's a beautiful comic book moment - even as good as when Reed talks to Galactus in Earth X.

Still, the first few issues of Universe X are an extremely tough read. It's all over the place story-wise; it doesn't flow as well as Earth X did during the setup.

Re-reading this now.

I can't wait to get to the part where Loki suggests Absobing Man become Vibranium. It's a beautiful comic book moment - even as good as when Reed talks to Galactus in Earth X.

Still, the first few issues of Universe X are an extremely tough read. It's all over the place story-wise; it doesn't flow as well as Earth X did during the setup.

I completely agree. Other than that, my only real problem with Universe X, and paradise X for that matter, is that they relied too much on the celestial revelation in Earth X. It just got old I mean I remember them explaining a dozen times the celestial seed but can for the life of me remember what they said about eternity. There should have been other big "Holy crap" moments rather than using celestials for EVERYTHING.

I completely agree. Other than that, my only real problem with Universe X, and paradise X for that matter, is that they relied too much on the celestial revelation in Earth X. It just got old I mean I remember them explaining a dozen times the celestial seed but can for the life of me remember what they said about eternity. There should have been other big "Holy crap" moments rather than using celestials for EVERYTHING.

I don't mind it because the Celestials using Earth as an egg was absolutely the main plot point of Earth X and therefore the entire trilogy. Everything should stem from that.

That said, the constant re-explaining of that and other events does get tiresome, although I do get why they did it.

I just read another awesome moment that I forgot about - Red Skull explaining to Steve Rogers that the bullet that killed Erksine was meant for Rogers and the serum was intended to begin an Aryan super soldier.

I don't mind it because the Celestials using Earth as an egg was absolutely the main plot point of Earth X and therefore the entire trilogy. Everything should stem from that.

I don't think so. I think they should of added layers of revelations rather than spring every single think from this one. I feel that they should have done something different like alternate realities for example. While it was interesting I found it so boring because it just becomes "celestials did it". I love how everything was tied to the celestial in earth x, it just became overused and at times a real stretch to tie it in throughout the rest of the tilogy.

Last edited:
I have never read Universe X or Paradise X in full.

Latest posts

Back