Universe X Discussion *Spoilers*

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
I finally finished Universe X.

Wow.

It was brillant.

Once again I character I never cared for was written so well that I like him now.

Captain Marvel.

The death of Captain America was sad. The moment he appeared in death's realms with his army was amazing. I wanted to start cheering. But that was nothing to when Black Bolt showed up and destoryed the place.

The future of Nightcrawler was sad. I'm not fimilar with Belasco. But it was still cool.

Mephisto was another being of imagintion.

Thanos is half skull. I loved when he blasted away Death.

The jokes between Spider-Man and his daughter was a nice touch. They were so corny.

Cap's face on Rushmore was fitting.

I really loved the Wendigo-Madrox thing. That was something I would never thought of.

Toad and Magneto switching powers. Genius.

Loki and Creed becoming heros. Who would of thought?

I like the all dead kree's become the Supreme Ingellience.

The ending with Cap Britan proposing to Medusa. WTF?
And what's happening to Kyle?

Now I'm ready for Paradise X.

A+

Last edited:
It was pretty good considered that it was the worst in the trilogy, but worth reading anyway. Now you have to read Paradise X. That and Universe is a less standalone reading experience than Earth X was and and their stories involves each other like it could be one story.

I loved it when Absorbing Man is reassembled. ****ing terrifying moment.

Paradise X really is a good progression of what's been going on - it's sweet.

Also - what did you think of "Spiders", the Spidey dream story? I thought it was really, really good.

Bass said:
I loved it when Absorbing Man is reassembled. ****ing terrifying moment.

Paradise X really is a good progression of what's been going on - it's sweet.

Also - what did you think of "Spiders", the Spidey dream story? I thought it was really, really good.

I did. They did something similar in House Of M with Peter being with Gwen instead of Mary Jane.

That could be good or bad.

You can that it bad as in it's already been done and Bendis is a hack for doing it.

Or good that he's not messing it up by doing something different.

I didn't understand who Spiders was.

I take it as bad not because he did something that's been done before (who hasn't) but he did it much, much worse.

And Universe X was only like, 3 or 4 years ago.

Also, Spiders Man was in Earth X (I assume you read that) and he's just another person who got super powers as a result of the Earth X plague. His just happened to deform him in that particular way and give him the 'web of illusions' powers. He's no one special.

Bass said:
I take it as bad not because he did something that's been done before (who hasn't) but he did it much, much worse.

And Universe X was only like, 3 or 4 years ago.

Also, Spiders Man was in Earth X (I assume you read that) and he's just another person who got super powers as a result of the Earth X plague. His just happened to deform him in that particular way and give him the 'web of illusions' powers. He's no one special.

Yes I see.

So I picked this up again this past week and have started reading it.

I mentioned before I got it once but could not get into it and took it back.

But Bass convinced me to try it again. So I am.

The first chapter (Universe X #0) is killing me. It makes no sense whatsoever.

What's the read order for these again?

I just downloaded the entire series to see if I wanna buy it, and I don't know where to begin.

Earth X then Universe X then Paradise X.

I'll start re-reading Universe X so I can help you through it E. :)

The Earth X trilogy is just brilliant. I love how it all ends.

The character at the end of Paradise X is so fitting its insane.

Bass said:
Earth X then Universe X then Paradise X.

I'll start re-reading Universe X so I can help you through it E. :)

THANK YOU.

I don't anticipate any major problems but it's so cerebral I feel like I need a doctorate to get it all. Earth X jumped right into the story and made sense from page 1; I get the impression that Universe X #0 isn't necesarily supposed to make a lot of sense and serves more as a "preview" for the series but I could be wrong.

For example, I have no idea why Kyle Richmond is having visions, or who "Isaac" is.

jeremiahvedder said:
Is there a reason they bundled MARVELS in with this? Just the creator?

Who is "they"?

Internet Pirates are just crazy...

I might have mentioned this before, but am I the only one who thinks that the Earth X Daredevil was actually Deadpool? Hence the Sense of humor and the not dying?

jeremiahvedder said:
Whoever the Hell hosted this torrent, heh.

The nameless, faceless Internet pirates.

Yeah, I've got that torrent burnt to a CD somewhere. Only read Earth X from it though.

The first part of Universe X was confusing for me too. It was hell trying to sort through what part of Kyle's visions/monologue was happening in real time and what was happening in the future. Once everything caught up with the visions (i.e. it was all real time), then it got a lot better. Universe X IMHO was the pinnicale of the series. Paradise X seemed to try to recapture the magic of that, but faltered on the way. But, yeah, give it a read and stick it through, you won't be disappointed. This (Earth X as a whole) is the series that got me back into comics. :)

E said:
THANK YOU.

I don't anticipate any major problems but it's so cerebral I feel like I need a doctorate to get it all. Earth X jumped right into the story and made sense from page 1; I get the impression that Universe X #0 isn't necesarily supposed to make a lot of sense and serves more as a "preview" for the series but I could be wrong.

For example, I have no idea why Kyle Richmond is having visions, or who "Isaac" is.

Who is "they"?

Issac Christians is the Gargoyle. As for Richmond having visions, keep reading. Its explained later.

Lynx said:
Issac Christians is the Gargoyle. As for Richmond having visions, keep reading. Its explained later.

I just got that - I had never heard of the Gargoyle.

I know that he was given the special eyes by Mephisto - is it something more than that?

ETA I just finished chapter 2 (or 3; I don't remember)

Dr.Strangefate said:
I might have mentioned this before, but am I the only one who thinks that the Earth X Daredevil was actually Deadpool? Hence the Sense of humor and the not dying?
It is revealed who Daredevil is in the Paradise X issue Devils.

E said:
I know that he was given the special eyes by Mephisto - is it something more than that?
The eyes have an significent importance later in Universe X and Paradise X. I won't reveal more than that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back