Unresolved Plot Threads

Wasn't there a picture of Doom holding a baby in one of the issues UMT or something? I know that continuity is whacked, but Bendis may have been setting up for something with this and the the Geldoff arc.

Rhino: Captured by SHIELD

Vulture: BMB has already said he has no intentions of introducing the character, but he's lied before. However, he's been rather vehemently anti-Vulture, so this may stick.

Just a Guy: If we have people in the WWF throwing people around, who's to say one has to be some kind of mutant or other freak to do it in USM? And considering a teenager figured out how to create webbing... you really think it's impossible for anyone else to do?

True, maybe Just a Guy was a mutant?

Uh, science is thy friend?

Peter leaves wads of the stuff all over the place; someone could have reverse engineered it. Also, there's nothing stating that the webbing was identical either. There's no saying Just a Guy made the webbing either; it's like saying because you can drive a car, you could build your own. For all we know, he has a nerdy girlfriend who made it for him so he could steal money and buy her lots of Star Wars collectibles or something.

The fact is, it's over, he's done, he did what he was supposed to do, move on with your life.

Right, that's what I was trying to say... He was there to add tension between Peter and Gwen and that he did. Just a Guy was responsible for making Gwen Stacy such an interesting character to read.

I personally hope Justa Guy will remain exactely what he is, just any guy from the street. This makes the death of Captain Stacy all the more meaningful.
I'd be bored by it, should the "true reason" for Captain Stacy's death ever come out.
About Latveria: Better get over it, for all we know, uFF is likely be set in the same time line as the rest of the Ultimate universe. Otherwise, Ellis'd have to cross a huge time gap before the uFF can star-guest in Ult Spidey and Ult Secret. And I don't see that coming any longer.
So, best to just accept that Doom hat no connection with Latveria back at the time Geldorf was created.
(which must have been 15 years before Irresponsible, at least, by the way. Remember, the tampering took place before Geldorf was born, and he is a teenager now)

Yep, that's what I want aswell. We'll see though. I think Bendis is smart enough to leave it at that. I mean, if he was going to turn him into any more of a villain, he should've brought him back to kill Gwen to add to his persona.

René said:
At first I thought it was Mysterio, then I find out its some guy. I said "yeah okay, it was just some random guy" but know that you put it like that, he's no random guy. I dont think we're going to see him again. As for Geldoff. Who the **** knows. We'll see what Bendis does with that.

In the Ultimate Marvel Wizard special Bendis describes this arc a few months before it happens. However he kept calling it the Chameleon arc.

Yeah, I remember him calling it the Chameleon arc, too. I bet Bendis changed him mind about doing the Chameleon and just changed it to some random guy... The Chameleon is better saved for another story anyway!

Could be it's still the Chameleon arc and we've just got a crazy ass part 2 coming down the line.

Bendis said once that he was going to introduce Ultimate Mysterio right?

If Ultimate Mysterio's that guy in the Hollywood arc, I would strangle Bendis. :p

I also would want Justa Guy to stay nameless. I loved the thought that it just took an ordinary faceless punk to nearly ruin Spider-Man's life, and not some psychotic super-villain. Before the "Carnage" arc, the "Public Scrutiny" arc was the greatest low that Spidey faced in his life.

Last edited:
cmdrjanjalani said:
Bendis said once that he was going to introduce Ultimate Mysterio right?

If Ultimate Mysterio's that guy in the Hollywood arc, I would strangle Bendis. :p

I think he said that after Hollywood was over...

You know I don't like the fact that it was just a guy either... who was the one villain in the beginning of the Carnage Arc... is he a well known character I think they should only put characters we actually care about like... for example the cameo by rhino was cool... just a guy and this weirdo although pretty sweet from the Carnage Arc ..... why not throw in Chameleon and some other classic spidey villian??

I dunno if you would consider these unresolved plot threads (cus they're not that important to the plot, basically) but I think the main things Bendis has missed have to do with Peter's webbing. In #6, Peter finally perfects the webbing formula and wonders "how long it lasts". Well, how long does it last? I don't think we've ever seen him run out of webbing before, either (unless you count that incident in #50 but it wasn't explained as such, and was probably intended as a demonstration as of Cat's "bad luck" powers).

Like I said, pretty minor, but worth a mention since that has been a pretty fundamental part of Spider-Man since Stan Lee created the character 40 years ago.

Well, the web-shooters weren't really a big deal until the movies came about, right? The organic web system really shook things up... I mean, fans saw how having mechanical web-shooters isn't all that much different than having organic web-shooters because they are such a minor detail... There doesn't need to be any explanation because it would just be silly. Unless, of course, Warren Ellis was doing the story. I don't think anyone else could get away with some of the stuff he did in the Doom arc with the Four's anatomy.

XTFLyons said:
I think the webshooters/organic issue is a huge issue i mean if he has organic webbing then it puts him at a huge advantage...with the webshooters, sure the writers tend to never make him run out of webbing in a story but it's possible...

I agree, I think they should give Ultimate Peter organic webshooters. Maybe they could have him turn into a gigantic spider! And then, when he returns to human form...he'll have organic webshooters! Man, that would be awesome. Wait...

But seriously, I don't think Bendis has really left anything unresolved in USM. Anything that could be considered an unresolved plot thread is either something that Bendis hasn't explored yet, and will, or something -- like the webshooters -- that quite frankly, doesn't matter.

XTFLyons said:
I think the webshooters/organic issue is a huge issue i mean if he has organic webbing then it puts him at a huge advantage...with the webshooters, sure the writers tend to never make him run out of webbing in a story but it's possible...

Just because webs are organic doesn't mean they're unlimited.

UltimateCharlieSheen said:
I agree, I think they should give Ultimate Peter organic webshooters.

I agree.

XTFLyons said:
You know I don't like the fact that it was just a guy either... who was the one villain in the beginning of the Carnage Arc... is he a well known character I think they should only put characters we actually care about like... for example the cameo by rhino was cool... just a guy and this weirdo although pretty sweet from the Carnage Arc ..... why not throw in Chameleon and some other classic spidey villian??

is anyone gonna answer that question for me er....

Latest posts

Back