UXM #54 - Ultimate Longshot

It looks a bit wierd actually. Whose the girl with those tattoos on her arms?

I don't read X-Men. I'm going to pick up the trades though.

You should. There are some really cool characters in this title, just don't dig through Millar's run to find them! ;)

Also, Longshot's a mutant now, huh? If I remember correctly, he was the first member of the X-Men that wasn't a mutant in 616... How will he be changed, do you think?

I think that his luck powers would actually be his powers. As in it would be his mutant ability. The probabilty of luck. It would be nice to have that.

Well, that's most likely why he is the sole Survivor on this island than, huh? Because he's such a lucky guy...

Also, Longshot's a mutant now, huh?

He's on this mutant island, but it could be that he's not a mutant...

The solicitations ONLY said they were going to rescue him, NOT that he is a mutant. Which isn't to say that he isn't, it just didn't say he is.

Yeah. Longshot wasn't a popular character in the 616, but still liked. But I think with Vaughun writing him in UXM, he might be a "better" character here. By that I mean he might be liked by more people than the 616 counterpart, and have better dialogue (not that the one in the Uncanny X-Men issues were horrible).

icemastertron said:
I think that his luck powers would actually be his powers. As in it would be his mutant ability. The probabilty of luck. It would be nice to have that.

Isnt that what Scarelt Witch's powers are too! The power of luck or probablity? Theyre around the same area.

René said:
icemastertron said:

Isnt that what Scarelt Witch's powers are too! The power of luck or probablity? Theyre around the same area.

Nope. Her powers deal with Hexes. She can use your power against you.

I read somewhere that she can alter probablity, I think I saw it on Marvel.com

I am pretty sure that that is aspect of her hex power.. or her hex power is an aspect of altering reality.. I think originally it was just called a hex power but the writers kinda thought that was a bit cheesy.. or something.. I think in the bloodties comic series a while back they explained that there..

Yeah, but either way their powers are not the same. Longshot's deals with probability of luck, and Scarlet Witches doesn't.

Longshot's powers (or whatever you want to call them) in 616 are like Domino's. He alters luck and probability

Yep. And Scarlet Witch's aren't. Maybe they somehow deal with probability (still am sure they don't), but not with luck.

Latest posts

Back