UXM #54 - Ultimate Longshot

Well, what I got from the solicitations was that he was a mutant, but I guess we shall see...

Also, Scarlet Witch, does, to some degree, have probability alterations. Yes, this is poor writing responsibilites and what not, but that's what they are. Hexes, yes, and probability, yes. I've done a lot of research on her character for past fan fics.

Well, what I got from the solicitations was that he was a mutant

It certainly indicates so, but doesn't say for sure.

Also, Scarlet Witch, does, to some degree, have probability alterations. Yes, this is poor writing responsibilites and what not, but that's what they are. Hexes, yes, and probability, yes. I've done a lot of research on her character for past fan fics.

Yes that's all true, but not with "luck".

It could be anything, Ice. As far as we know she can use her powers to the fullest, including using the probability of luck.

Just a quick update, in terms of normal continuity I think the following is true of Longshot;

He was genetically created by Mojo
He has hollow bones
He has three fingers on each hand
He carries a school satchel
He throws knives
Because of his hollow bones he is very light, a surperb acrobat
He was a performer for Mojo in his circus for the television
He led a "spartacus" kind of revolution against Mojo
As he has been genetically created, and therefore a mutated form of a normal person - it could be argued that Longshot is a mutant in his reality
His luck powers are a pain in the ar$e as for every bit of extremely good luck he generates, (his eye lights up like Cables' when this happens), he also generates an equal amount of bad luck either to himself of somewhere else.
In the past he has beaten Spider-man in a one on one fight.
He hooked up with Dazzler and so it was only a matter of time that Longshot would appear when Dazzler did in UXM.
Dazzler and Longshot are "likely" to be the parents of Shatterstar. (Shatterstar was gay, I say was gay because he is now dead).
When I saw Jim Lee recently he drew me a picture of Longshot, but refused to give him a mullet, instead gave him a Paul King / Morten Harket 80's style spikey long hair cut.

More to follow...

oops, I forgot to say that Longshot's original black leather costume is very, very, very similiar to the current x-men's black leather costumes - but was 20 years ahead of its time!!!

Shatterstar gay? No. Dead? No. Because he's alive in the pages of X-Force and X-Men: The End.

But getting back to Longshot, thanks for all that info. I have a few issues of him when he with the X-Men in some old Uncanny X-Men issues, and probably could have gotten some of that info, but not all. So again, thank you.

hey, shatterstar did die but I suppose like so many other marvel characters like Mags and Peter being dead is never forever

What are you talking about? Shatterstar is alive in X-Force. That takes place in current time.

But anyways, this thread is about Ultimate Longshot. So does anyone think they'll give a new hair style, or give him his old one?

sawry... erm... Shatterstar was killed but a storyline brought him back to life.

Longshot is famous for his haircut and not a lot else.

However, he is my favourite all-time character. The whole idea that you can effect luck but suffer the consequences later intrigues me.

If you look at the original Ultimate Wolverine he was very, very different to his normal timeline double. He looked much younger and had that bl00dy stupid goatie. Gambit looks like Mick Hucknall from Simply Red and most importantly Dazzler now has black hair. This means Longshot may not even have blonde hair let alone a mullettttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will scan my Jim Lee version of Ultimate Longshot which he did for me last year, but I can't do that today.

I do have another image that I can show you what I think it may look like but I can't seem to cut and paste on this site. any pointers?

I do have another image that I can show you what I think it may look like but I can't seem to cut and paste on this site. any pointers?

Welcome, LSJL!

If you send the picture to the board administrator, UltimateE, I'm sure he can help you out!

Also, how do you know Jim Lee?

The information on Longshot was extremely helpful, thank you! I'm very excited to see what sort of character is born in the Ulimate Universe now that he is actually becoming a "reality".

Lastly, do you think he'll join the team? Do you think, if he doesn't, Dazzler will leave with him? I really am anticipating this arc more than any other in the month of December for some reason!

I'd love to see him join the team. I thought for sure Rogue was gonna leave with Gambit since it seems the team has been taking on new members almost after every arc lately. Plus it seems that Dazzler is having trouble interacting properly with the other X-men. It'd be nice to see her have somebody that resembles her a little more.

LSJL - welcome to the site.

Why was Jim Lee doing a sketch of Ultimate Longshot?

Pics have to be accessible on another site in order to be posted here - they don't copy & paste. Do you have them on a personal site or a site like Photobucket?

I don't think that Jim Lee drew a picture of Ultimate Longshot, UltimateE, I think he drew a picture for friend, but rendering Longshot differently because he thought the mullet was silly... Is that right, LSJL?

Dark_Images said:
I'd love to see him join the team. I thought for sure Rogue was gonna leave with Gambit since it seems the team has been taking on new members almost after every arc lately. Plus it seems that Dazzler is having trouble interacting properly with the other X-men. It'd be nice to see her have somebody that resembles her a little more.
Well, we've got a drunk punk in a relatively conservative bunch of students, who also likes to hit on gay Russians. Gee, I can't see why she's not interacting well with others. Although the behavioral conflicts might be in place now so that in the near future (not necessarily with Longshot mind you) she can be hustled off into the background when she finds someone that she gets on better with or something and leaves the X-Men.

It's actually rather brilliant of Marvel. If Dazzler gets good fan feedback, she'll make a friend within the X-Men, and slowly grow into the environment of the school. If Dazzler bombed with the fans, she's in a situation where she can be either saddled onto another character and pulled out of the series easily, or perhaps even outright discharged from the school because of her behavior.

I've been looking through the past issues I have which contain stuff on Longshot, to see if it will give us some indicators on what Ultimate Longshot will be like.

I forgot that he has the power "read" the recent history of anyone he touches, (or the object that was touched by that person). I suppose this is like Christopher Walken in Deadzone!!!!

He also had relationships with Richochet Rita and Rogue, (as well as Dazzler of course), and Kitty was kind a hooked on him for a while, (Rogue, Kitty and Dazzler after Ultimate Longshot - should be interesting!!!) ah yes and then if we go back to the iceman, rogue, dazzler triangle...erm....

Of course the big thing with Longshot was that he first joined the X-men when he teleported into their Danger room and instantly had his memory wiped. (Will this lack of history be a factor in this upcoming Ultimate story arc?)

One last thing... Longshot has a scar on his eye that lights up because he was branded by Mojo.

Here are the issue I have which relate to the 616 Longshot.

Alpha Flight (1st series) #61
Fantastic Four vs X-Men #1-4
Longshot (1st series) #1-6
Longshot (2nd series) #1
Incredible Hulk (2nd series) #340
Marvel Comics Presents #16
Marvel Fanfare (2nd series) #4-5
Mephisto vs... #3-4
Uncanny X-Men #215-219, 221-227, 229-243, 245-248
Uncanny X-Men Annual #10-13
X-Factor (1st series) #38-39
X-Factor (1st series) Annual #7
X-Force 59-61
X-Force/Youngblood
X-Men (2nd series) #5-7, 10-11
X-Men Unlimited #32
X-Men vs The Avengers #1-4

Regarding jtg's comments on Dazzler, Longshot could be her exit ticket out of the X-men, should she wish to use it.

Latest posts

Back