UXM #54 - Ultimate Longshot

So, I saw on a Longshot bust that he had tiny razorblades attached to his belt that rested on his shoulder. There were razor blades being thrown in the preview that we were given a while ago... Is this sort of Longshot's trademark weapon?

So, what are they there for? There has to be some sort of thing with those blasted razorblades, right? I've seen him throw them before...

Goodwill said:
So, what are they there for? There has to be some sort of thing with those blasted razorblades, right? I've seen him throw them before...

he threw them in the #54 preview

So, Mojo is going to be appearing... Are we saying he's a man, mutant, or E.T.? I would rule out E.T. from the get-go because Vaughan isn't one to bring such baggage into an Ultimate title, mutant would be played out... After all, we just had two villains that were mutants, and man seems most logical because mutants are being targetted on this show and man is the X-Men's ultimate villain, right?

Goodwill said:
So, Mojo is going to be appearing... Are we saying he's a man, mutant, or E.T.? I would rule out E.T. from the get-go because Vaughan isn't one to bring such baggage into an Ultimate title, mutant would be played out... After all, we just had two villains that were mutants, and man seems most logical because mutants are being targetted on this show and man is the X-Men's ultimate villain, right?

Magneto is

No, I mean in terms of the one major obstacle for creating a peaceful coexistance between man and mutant. Sure, Magneto is there to stop them, but it is man who truly needs convincing.

six more days!!

Took long enough. It's good that #55 is coming out in January too. It'll keep us (the board) busy. I'm also happy to see that UXM is coming back with original titles for each issue. Now if only we could persuade Millar for UFF #19........ :shock:

What I mean is I want him to not have the titles be something like "<enter story name> part 1" all the up to part 6. I liked when each Ultimate issue had a different original title (even if eventually you're reading an issue called "Average Bear" :wink: ), and I know Ellis can't make that change because he's on his last arc. Yeah, starting with 54, UXM will be back to original titles.

Oh, that's what you mean. I like it as it is. With the whole part1, part 2, etc. Original titles are straight, but I prefer the other.

I want them to go back to the way they used to do the "Previously In..." page. That was very cool and more informative than what we get now.

Yes, I agree. The only comic that doesn't do that is Astonishing X-Men. They don't show the covers with the part 1...and so on.

I liked the way it was before. Having just the picture change in the previous page. Now, I think it sucks. Hey, we should all write in saying that they should change it back! :p

Latest posts

Back