UXM #54 - Ultimate Longshot

Or, Ultimate Spidey... the one with the funny one liner.

Ultimate Spidey... the one with the teenage angst.

Ultimate Spidey... the one with all the guilt.

Ultimate Spidey... the one where he breaks his girlfriend's neck.

etc

Three posts that could've been one, sheesh...

Anyway, I think it's Vaughan who is actually choosing to bring back the titles. It's not only creative, but I think it's a good way of showing an audience that the writer is taking their time with this. Little, silly things like this do add up in people's heads, you know. I like the idea of the individual issue names.

Goodwill said:
So, Mojo is going to be appearing... Are we saying he's a man, mutant, or E.T.?

Regular old joe.

ultimatedjf said:
What I mean is I want him to not have the titles be something like "<enter story name> part 1" all the up to part 6. I liked when each Ultimate issue had a different original title (even if eventually you're reading an issue called "Average Bear" :wink: ), and I know Ellis can't make that change because he's on his last arc. Yeah, starting with 54, UXM will be back to original titles.

AMEN!

longshotjimlee said:
I'd say AMEN if I knew what the Feck that quote meant.

The titles on the Ultimate books (on the cover, under the numbers) used be clever little sayings or short descriptions. But then the started just doing "Carnage: Part 1" or "The Tempest: Part 1". I'm agreeing that the old titles were better then the bland old "Part 1, Part 2, etc.

Yeah, Bendis did it for a while on Spider-Man, but I guess those neighborhood kids gave it up. He once joked that they were the people responsible for creating those creative little titles.

I'd like to see them brought out in a Pulp Fiction kind of way.

We have issue 99 then issue 43 then issue 76 then issue 84 then issue 11, etc then tie everything up with issue 100.

Its funny I had a friend who was convinced that Hansen were dead. Absolutely 100% convinced. He freaked out when he went looking on the web and found out they were still inflicting themselves on the world.

Yeah, Hansen came to Dewey Beach (A SMALL beach in DE) and actually had a following there as far as I saw. I know you won't believe this, but I was actually not there to see them, they showed up after I had eaten my dinner.

longshotjimlee said:
I'd like to see them brought out in a Pulp Fiction kind of way.

We have issue 99 then issue 43 then issue 76 then issue 84 then issue 11, etc then tie everything up with issue 100.

Didn't something like that happen with Spawn?

longshotjimlee said:
but they are dead.

They were stillborn.

Latest posts

Back