UXM #57 Discussion (Spoilers)

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
The conclusion to "The Most Dangerous Game" Arc. None of it went down like I speculated but it was still pretty good. They kept callin' Angel, "War" so that kinda still helps me cling onto Archangel. That, and the fact that he took the hit at the end. Not a fan of Dazzler, but really liked how her and Angel got together at the end. Also liked the panel with Colossus all alone. Wasn't a fan of how everything turned out with Spiral/Longshot/Scheele... oh well. So Longshot is an Ultimate Villain? This makes me uneasy. Iceman and Shadowcat seem forced.

It was crazy plot-twist to see that Longshot really did kill the guy. He sure seems to be more of a mean guy in the UU. But the ending to the arc was so-so. Xavier yelling at the guys, and Angel taking the wrap. And he got his first kiss too. I bet Ali really kissed him, not just cuz he took the wrap for her, but also cuz of that line, "I haven't even kissed a girl yet."

And it's great to finally see Bobby and Kitty together. Knew that one was coming since that kiss in Cry Wolf. :D

Not a bad ending to the arc. I'm not sure if I like Longshot as a villain, but in the end it works. I can see him coming back, and that might be pretty cool.

Nice bit of advancement in Dazzler's character. I like that Xavier doesn't seem to care for her - it's a lot more realistic than him getting along fantastically with all the students.

This is the kind of writing I'm looking for. No one predicted Ali/War hooking up. And Longshot being the killer wasn't so obvious, with Spiral's attack and everything. I'm glad that a 616 X-Men is transformed into a villian. Too bad NC's not getting any loving (and Colossus for obvious reasons).

Ultimate Gambit said:
how did the x-men find out it was Longshot and what happened to him after they found out??

Jean searched Spiral's mind and found out she was the reason he killed Scheele. Of course, the other team of X-Men allowed Longshot to escape thinking he was innocent.

Yeah. I never liked that word "flatscan". Just seemed like an incredibly stupid word. But I guess people aren't at their most intelligent moment when they blurt out slurs.

IcyFlames said:
But I guess people aren't at their most intelligent moment when they blurt out slurs.

Oooooh - very true.

Poor Piotr and Kurt. No loving for them.

Is it too soon to bring Psylocke into the Ultimate universe?

TheManWithoutFear said:
Who wants to break the news to him? :twisted:
What happened? This is the second ultimate x-men issue I've ever had. WHAT HAPPENED TO BETS?

I'll take this one MWF.

Irish- Psylocke was already brought into the UU. Check "World Tour" arc in UXM (#15-#19). Then, Psylocke also has an appearance in UXM #32.

What do you guys think will happen to Longshot?

I think Fury will catch him (ha, yeah right).

But really, will we see him again and as villian or ally?

IcyFlames said:
What do you guys think will happen to Longshot?

I think Fury will catch him (ha, yeah right).

But really, will we see him again and as villian or ally?

Not for a long time. I found it funny that Xavier said he's out of cerebro's range. What is cerebro's range and when did it ever have a range? Longshot will never be caught it's his mutant power. He's just too lucky. It was cool seeing him in this arc but I'd rather see other ultimizations before we get Longshot back.

I agree with MwoF - I wouldn't expect to se him anytime soon.

And when we do, Fury won't have anything to do with it.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Not for a long time. I found it funny that Xavier said he's out of cerebro's range. What is cerebro's range and when did it ever have a range? Longshot will never be caught it's his mutant power. He's just too lucky. It was cool seeing him in this arc but I'd rather see other ultimizations before we get Longshot back.
BKV probably wrote that Cerebro has a range, just so there would be a reason for Xavier not being able to find him.

Latest posts

Back