UXM #61 Discussion (Spoilers)

Yeah, I'm really beginning to think the animosity between Cyclops and Havok is solely because of Polaris. I think it's a new, different approach which I'm open to reading more about, only, I really do hope it has more depth than that. I think that would seriously ruin both of their characters.

Also, I would like a scene from Vaughan with Cyclops interacting with another team member other than Jean. If he's the leader, perhaps he should start being friendly with the rest of the students.

I was actually glad to see Northstar come back, if only for consistancy and closure to his appearance, but there are obvious inconsistancies. I'm not talking about his hair, which I think was changed because of 616, but the fact that he wasn't open to joining a school for 'special' children and here he is. What is that about? I'd like to see more of that... Northstar just can't be there to be there.

Lastly, with all of these appearances, you have to wonder if we're going to see Longshot, Deathstrike, Sinister, Gambit, and Rogue again... It's definitely a possibility. :)

Goodwill said:
Yeah, I'm really beginning to think the animosity between Cyclops and Havok is solely because of Polaris. I think it's a new, different approach which I'm open to reading more about, only, I really do hope it has more depth than that. I think that would seriously ruin both of their characters.

Also, I would like a scene from Vaughan with Cyclops interacting with another team member other than Jean. If he's the leader, perhaps he should start being friendly with the rest of the students.

Personally I hope it's not about Polaris. Coming from my POV siblings fighting over girls is pretty gross in my opinion. I'd never even look at a girl my brother's been with (and he's been with some good looking women). It's just worse than leftovers. I thought there was enough depth to the relationship when Havok just refused to follow in Scott's footsteps.

Cyclops not interacting with the others is exactly why I like him. He's the team leader and that's what he wants to be. As a leader he knows it's not an option being anyone's friend. He's also older than most of the students so why would he want to hang out with kids. Because it's a comic book and they should all just get along because they have powers? No, Cyclops segregation of himself is perfect for the character and more realistic.

I hate all you guys. Here you are all buying Bendis' junk and then you slam Immonen. I love the guy's work. I think he rocks. Thus, you must all be super-100%-wrong, as always. Just accept the magnitude of my greatness.

Anyhow, (Immonen rocks) I thought that the issue (Immonen rocks) was pretty damn sweet. (Immonen rocks) Also, Emma seems to be a nice way of doing (Immonen rocks) the Hellion thing, she's always been a teacher and in the UU (Immonen rocks) she still has the arrogant, "I know what's best" routine, (Immonen rocks) she just doesn't dress up in a purple and red suit, calling herself (Immonen rocks) The White Queen and using her Whammo-Gun to take over Metropolis with her mutant children. (Immonen rocks) I think she's not too far off 616 Frost. Also, I love the way Magneto looks. So calm. So collected. (Immonen rocks) And unbelievably confident. He just seems to know exactly what he's doing. (Immonen rocks)

Also, here's some speculating for ya all:

Emma Frost is the White Queen. Magneto is playing chess. In fact, he's playing White. And he's dressed in White. While Polaris is dressed in Black. Considering the Return of the King arc, we could say Magneto is a White King of sorts. And he just created a check with the White Castle by using the White Queen to take out the Black Knight. And now there is a clear path from the White King to the Black King.

I'm guessing he's five moves from winning.

Bass said:
I hate all you guys. Here you are all buying Bendis' junk and then you slam Immonen. I love the guy's work. I think he rocks. Thus, you must all be super-100%-wrong, as always. Just accept the magnitude of my greatness.

Anyhow, (Immonen rocks) I thought that the issue (Immonen rocks) was pretty damn sweet. (Immonen rocks) Also, Emma seems to be a nice way of doing (Immonen rocks) the Hellion thing, she's always been a teacher and in the UU (Immonen rocks) she still has the arrogant, "I know what's best" routine, (Immonen rocks) she just doesn't dress up in a purple and red suit, calling herself (Immonen rocks) The White Queen and using her Whammo-Gun to take over Metropolis with her mutant children. (Immonen rocks) I think she's not too far off 616 Frost. Also, I love the way Magneto looks. So calm. So collected. (Immonen rocks) And unbelievably confident. He just seems to know exactly what he's doing. (Immonen rocks)

:lol: :lol: but 100% Wrong

Bass said:
Also, here's some speculating for ya all:

Emma Frost is the White Queen. Magneto is playing chess. In fact, he's playing White. And he's dressed in White. While Polaris is dressed in Black. Considering the Return of the King arc, we could say Magneto is a White King of sorts. And he just created a check with the White Castle by using the White Queen to take out the Black Knight. And now there is a clear path from the White King to the Black King.

I'm guessing he's five moves from winning.
Are you saying Emma and Mags are in cahoots?

Bass said:

Bass, I think Immonen rocks also because of his unique art style and the fact that it is just plain sweet. BUT it almost seemed like he was lazy with this issue. It was still good art, but not for him. It wasn't as good as he was with 54-57 and 59 and 60. If his art had been like this since then, I'd still have great things to say about him, but his art really stunk this time.

You don't understand UltimateDJF. Immonen's art never stinks. :D

crossover?!

so now that iceman and shadowcat are through, this could mean a possible ult spidey event....(peter parker/kitty pryde) also note that the september solicits on ult x-men guest star another hero from the ult universe....this could also setup that ultimate spider-man and his amazing friends story line bendis has been talking about.

as for what i thought of the issue, nice story, horrible art....which is why i dont buy ult x -men....i remember way back when people complained about finch and i dont know about you guys, but id prefer that "stuff"(insert four letter word) to this anyday of the week.

The Captain said:
so now that iceman and shadowcat are through, this could mean a possible ult spidey event....(peter parker/kitty pryde) also note that the september solicits on ult x-men guest star another hero from the ult universe....this could also setup that ultimate spider-man and his amazing friends story line bendis has been talking about.

I was thinking the same thing. When the news about the USM Annual #1 first broke, and a lot of people were guessing the new girlfriend would be Kitty Pride, I didn't think it was likely due to her having just recently hooked up with Iceman. With #61's revelation about Bobby still emailing Rogue while she's on the road, the odds of the mystery girlfriend being Kitty has jumped up considerably. As a matter of fact, I'm hoping it DOES turn out to be Kitty. It seems very in character for her to go ahead and try to get with Spidey, not only because of her crush on him previously, but to "get back" at Bobby.

cats and spiders

For those of you with no idea what im talking about....

ULTIMATE X-MEN #63
Written by Brian Vaughan
Pencils & Cover by Stuart Immonen
"MAGNETIC NORTH"
It's mutant against mutant—brother against brother—as Cyclops and his X-Men risk their lives to take down the young man known as Havok, who has unwittingly become a pawn in Magneto's deadly game. Plus, an unexpected appearance by another hero from the Ultimate Universe turns the dangerous situation from bad to worse. Part 3 (of 5)
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP …$2.50

I may buy the issue if its spidey, but immonens pencils could ruin the whole thing for me..but if spidey(assuming its him) confronts magneto id buy 2 copies of this issue!!!!

The Captain said:
In which issue?
Doesnt say. In the back of the issue, all it says is:

Next: What's Magneto up to!? What's gonna happen to Polaris?! And how do the Ultimates figure into this!? For that matter, what are the X-Men going to do when they find out Polaris has been arrested?! Be back in 30 days for part two of "Magnetic North"!
I believe it was GW who said that everyone should be tied into this, and looks like he got his wish. :wink:

The Captain said:
For those of you with no idea what im talking about....

ULTIMATE X-MEN #63
Written by Brian Vaughan
Pencils & Cover by Stuart Immonen
"MAGNETIC NORTH"
It's mutant against mutant—brother against brother—as Cyclops and his X-Men risk their lives to take down the young man known as Havok, who has unwittingly become a pawn in Magneto's deadly game. Plus, an unexpected appearance by another hero from the Ultimate Universe turns the dangerous situation from bad to worse. Part 3 (of 5)
32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP …$2.50

I may buy the issue if its spidey, but immonens pencils could ruin the whole thing for me..but if spidey(assuming its him) confronts magneto id buy 2 copies of this issue!!!!

If it's Spidey, I am going to be extremely happy! It would be awesome to see how he is drawn and written.

Ok, quick off-topic question: is the Magneto of the UFF arc the Ultimate Universe one, the 616 one, or other?

Probably other. Or an alternate one.

But I hope Spidey appears in UXM...

Latest posts

Back