Venom movie [pre-release discussion]

He is unusable outside of comics. They barely made it work in Ultimate Spider-Man.

There are times I think Venom worked: Rick Remender's take with Agent Venom and that got ran into the ground by Bendis and Bunn, Spider-Man 3 where Eddie Brock was basically the negative reflection of Peter Parker, and Ultimate Marvel where it got brushed under the rug for something going on in Latveria that we never found out about. He's not a good character and is only popular because he's edgy and violent. He's a nineties creation and he should have stayed there.

Last edited:

The-Marvelous-30.gif

So... Apparently Venom, Black Cat and Sable are in the MCU?...

[video=youtube_share;oXcHauPig_A]https://youtu.be/oXcHauPig_A[/video]

Feige is like "Wait... what?", lol

Seems Sony realized a separate universe for Spider-Man spin-offs was an inherent failure of an approach. We'll see how this goes. Presumably if they are an extension of MCU/Sony's Spider-verse films, Feige/Marvel Studios may get some aspect of creative control. Or not. We'll see how this plays out.

I think this is more them trying to save face. If anything I could see Homecoming being a point of "crossover" in which it takes place in two separate universes. Sort of like how the Marvel cartoons follows the movie continuity without actually being in the MCU.

I think this is more them trying to save face. If anything I could see Homecoming being a point of "crossover" in which it takes place in two separate universes. Sort of like how the Marvel cartoons follows the movie continuity without actually being in the MCU.

Eh, maybe. I think it's more likely Sony saw the fan backlash to the idea of Venom and Silver & Black not being connected to the rebooted Tom Spidey and over past few weeks held meetings with Feige to work those films in as extensions of the MCU set in their own corner of the universe (as is done with the network TV shows and Netflix shows). Sony has apparently wised up enough to realize the only way their extended Spidey universe is going work is to include it as part of the MCU, since that's what the hardcore fans want anyway, and will appeal to general audiences as well. Whether they'll be any good is another question, as is how much, if any creative control Marvel Studios/Feige may have (surely some aspect of that was negotiated to include Sony's extended Spidey-verse plans in MCU).

Or it's also possible Pascal was talking crap. We'll see.

For now, I leave you with this:

[video=youtube;IvR8oFYSlLQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvR8oFYSlLQ&sns=em[/video]

Latest posts

Back