Venture Bros. Season Four

O_O

okay… Dr Mrs The Monarch as a cheerleader… my prayers have been answered

You touched my nipple!

We needed to go to second base!

I thought it was a weaker episode this season, though I wonder if them releasing the Superego and giving the Ego girls to help him is what is the cause for Rusty's 'mellowness' as Jaggyd calls it.

Also, the subplot of 21 and Dr Ms the Monarch has been building all season. I hoped it wasn't going to pan out, but what the heck, we got to see her in a cool outfit.

I finally got myself got up on this stuff, and it's still as brilliant as ever

also why hasn't a Nextwave/Venture Bros. mash-up been suggested yet? can you imagine?

General Treister chewing out Dirk Anger would be a thing of beauty

Honestly, I have to say, they've turned Billy into one of the most likeable and interesting characters on the show.

Honestly, there wasn't a thing about this episode I didn't like.

Plus, Shore-Leave/Al are the cutest couple..... ever.

So... Two ways they can go from here... Either another bunch of seasons, or a Feature-length special (90 min to 2 hours) that wraps things up completely...

Because it definitely can't be over... but they haven't announced the next season yet. That worries me.

So just as I was thinking "Man, when did the Venture Bros. get so melodramatic?",
the hookers turned into mutant flies

I love that I just typed that.

So... Two ways they can go from here... Either another bunch of seasons, or a Feature-length special (90 min to 2 hours) that wraps things up completely...

Because it definitely can't be over... but they haven't announced the next season yet. That worries me.

As I recall, there's usually a break between when the season ends and when the next one is announced, because it takes them so long to produce.

From Jackson Publick's Livejournal:

JP said:
So this is it. Tonight is the big finale of the longest Venture Bros. season (or pair of half-seasons) ever. It's been a long time coming. A bit of a departure from our previous season finales in a lot of ways, but I won't go into that for fear of spoiling...

This is a bit of an experiment, this hour-long thing. And for the record, we can't thank adultswim enough for letting us expand our creative horizons and make this thing. For us, it was a very liberating experience and helped salvage our souls from the ravages of a difficult season to produce.

A lot of extra time and love went into this episode, from everyone involved (thank you, VB crew!) We certainly hope you enjoy it...and we'll be checking in with you every commercial break to make sure you do.

More news soon...

Last edited:
Dude, I have been waiting for Molotov and Brock to get it on to find that it isn't meant to be. Then that last little choice she gives him only to find out it was a bluff was a complete mind****. Then the smile on his face made me think all was right with the world. And Dean growing some pelotas, FINALLY! My favorite part was Monarch asking Dr. Girlfriend to grab their hostage from the trunk of a sinking car because, "I don't want to get my wings wet."

"I'm gonna throw you guys the best homeschool prom $500 can buy!"

I'm really kinda bored with THE VENTURE BROS. It's just not entertaining me much anymore. All the stories are half-formed premises with one-note characters repeating the same joke over and over again in an increasingly complex and incomprehensible social world in love with its own mythology.

But then we get the chase sequence with Brock Samson and Molotov Cocktease, and his running back to the prom at midnight, and we get the Monarch pretending the slight argument he has with his own henchman is a masterplan to ruin the prom, and I remember why I loved this show so much.

The biggest mistake these guys made was benching Samson. He is too damned important. And the show works best when it's people trying to kill the Ventures and not only do the Ventures fail to protect themselves, but the bad guys fail to kill them.

They also desperately need a new voice actor. The voices aren't just blending together, but it's clear that the writers create new characters based on what crazy voices they can do, and they've run out, and we're not getting new characters anymore, which is in turn, forcing them to reuse their older characters again and again, and these guys were only developed as a throwaway one-liner gag. I seriously can't take anymore Alchemist and Shore Leave talking about having gay sex anymore. Even #24 has become agonizingly one-note. A new voice-actor would allow them to start creating new characters and go back to their episodic format that was so deliciously endearing.

The last ten minutes were pure VB awesome, and I hope season five is a return to that awesomeness.

You know what's awesome? There are going to be at least 6 seasons of this show. Even in the most optimistic corner of my heart I was sure they'd only be able to hold out for 5. And a feature length dealy on top of that? Heck Yes.

Latest posts

Back