Wall*E discussion [spoilers]

Re: Wall*E: The Next Disney/Pixar Film.

I'm glad to see that, from the trailer, the live action elements appear to be limited to what Wall*E watches on TV.

That was funny, I love how pixar keeps alive this classic animated shorts style

This looks amazing.

I mean that from a storytelling standpoint as well as visual.

Alright, I've stayed away from this thread till now because I didn't really like the last few Pixar films.

I just watched it, and while it begins with a I Am Legend feel to it only with robots, it gets quite funny.

I'll probably watch this one.

I can't wait to take my son to this. It looks fantastic.

You know something?

This is the summer film I'm looking forward to the most.

(shrugs)

We all pretty much know how the Dark Knight is going to end anyway.

Apparently, there are people upset that this film is "taking potshots at fatties." :roll:

Then again, the dystopia elements were played down in the trailers, so maybe Disney's worrid about that...

Interview With Andrew Stanton, who details Wall-E and Eve's realationship.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yjFEQ-ZUOPE&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yjFEQ-ZUOPE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

...I want an Eve avatar. She's like Samus in a hovering iPod thing.

Last edited:

After this film premiered Monday, advance reviews from Rotten Tomatoes are giving an 88% approval rating.

I'll be seeing this Saturday. :D

Alright, I've stayed away from this thread till now because I didn't really like the last few Pixar films.

I just watched it, and while it begins with a I Am Legend feel to it only with robots, it gets quite funny.

I'll probably watch this one.

I'm with you on Cars but the rat chef movie (I can't spell it and the spellcheck isn't even giving me words that start with R) was excellent.

It's up to 91% now, but more importantly, the individual reviews aren't just good, they're raving.

I wasn't sure if I'd see this in theatres since it's hard finding people to go with for this sort of thing but now I think I'm going to have to.

Pixar is gold in my eyes. I feel they only really faltered with A Bug's Life and Cars, and even then, they weren't too bad.

I'm hoping to see this sometime this weekend.

Just saw this.

IT WAS AMAZING.

I was a little worried about the whole silent aspect, but by the time they reached the ship and we were getting regular dialouge, I barely noticed the change. It was still so fun.

I loved the the little 2001 references, both in the film's antagonist, and the insanely epic use of the score.

Also, the ending scene where
Eve rebuilds Wall-E, only to find he's become just a simple robot instead of the living thing he once was...it's not permanent thank god, but it
is the single greatest emotional gut punch ever. The credits sequence is simply beautiful.

Finally...it's just so darn cute. Particularly Mo and Spot.

I cannot reccommend this film enough.

Best Science-Fiction Film of the 21st Century so far, and possibly the greatest Animated movie of all time.

I have seen it twice already and am going to have to stop myself from seeing it again (which might not be possible).

Latest posts

Back