So, What did you think?

• Total voters
They've been talking about this on the local news everyday since they've been filming here in Chicago, not really for the movie, but because BRADD N ANGLEENA R HERE OMGWTF SOXITED HIDETEHORFINS!

They were filming a shootout at a grocery store or something a week or two ago.

So Millar is okay with them treating his material like this? ANGELINA JOLIE as Fox? What? The only woman who can play Fox is Halle Berry,
I think Angelina Jolie is a bad idea to play The Fox, but at the same time, I don't think being black was important to the character of The Fox in the first place, so she could be a Scottish-Chinese woman for all I care.

Also, Halle Berry is a coconut version of Sally Field.

Oh dear God this is such a spot on analogy.

Why didn't I think of this before?!?!?!
Gosh, I'm pretty sure I've made this comparison to you before over PM or something.

Of course, the big difference between Halle Berry and Sally Field is that nobody has ever wanted to see Sally Field get naked, let alone give her an Oscar for it.

Gosh, I'm pretty sure I've made this comparison to you before over PM or something.

Of course, the big difference between Halle Berry and Sally Field is that nobody has ever wanted to see Sally Field get naked, let alone give her an Oscar for it.

Says you.

I still want to see her naked, and she's like 60.

John Malkovich walked in on her in the tub once. But he was blind before then.

First Official Pictures from Wanted at Empire Movie News:

07-wantedjolie.jpg

07-wantedmcavoy.jpg

Click the above link for more.

Last edited:
If this movie wasn't loosely based on one of the greatest comic books ever written, and was entirely original, I would be looking forward to it.

I might go see it.

But it sure doesn't look what I remember people saying what the book was about. Barely remember, that is.

It pretty much sells the idea of conformity vs. ascension and all that jazz, but it just lacks the nihilistic tone of the book that I always liked.

I think James McAvoy wears the character well from what little we see. He certainly looks downtrodden and pathetic enough.

As far as I can tell from all the movie site gossip, they're trying to make this more about Wesley being fooled into thinking he's part of a benevolent organization.

But to me, the book will ALWAYS be "With great power, comes a total lack of accountability..." It's the coming of age story that is so normally applied to superheroes, applied to supervillains instead... as in, "When a boy, grew into a man" becomes "When a boy, grew into his dick."

wow that is nothing like the book. she could have at least popped the cashier in the beginning. but it already seems like they're after him from the getgo. That is stupid. i might go see it. i hate jolie so i don't know if i will. 50/50 only because the only thing he seems to be wanted for is being the son of the #1 assassin in the world. not ****head, no imp guy or rictus. could have at least shown ****wit.

wow that is nothing like the book. she could have at least popped the cashier in the beginning. but it already seems like they're after him from the getgo. That is stupid. i might go see it. i hate jolie so i don't know if i will. 50/50 only because the only thing he seems to be wanted for is being the son of the #1 assassin in the world. not ****head, no imp guy or rictus. could have at least shown ****wit.
I've never had a problem with them stripping away the superhero elements --- the brainwashed spandex retards who can't remember their heroics as anything but a dream and the 'illuminati' of psychos and gimmick-bearing bullies --- simply because I felt that it was just 'fun' dressing for what is essentially turning a good guy origin into a bad guy origin.

I know I've already brought it up here and in other threads before, but it's as simple as this: the coming of age story is essentially a 'personal' one, and is often coded into superhero origins or mythological journeys simply because it's more tolerable to make "personal stories" turn the protagonist into the good guy. It's personal for HIM, so he's got to be the good guy, right?

But in Wanted, it basically takes the super villain jerk wad story and attempts to LEGITIMIZE that origin by making it a personal story too. Sure, Wesley becomes a jerk, but that's still a rite of maturity that is important to HIM. That he grows into being a jerk is merely incidental to that.

What the trailer suggests --- and I say 'suggest', because its only fair to acknowledge that this is JUST a trailer --- is the story of a guy who ascends to a better life than corporate drone, one where he can make a difference by doing reprehensible things that keep the world stable and safe.

That's not a fundamentally wrong headed direction to go, but it sort of loses a lot of the points that the comic book made, while only retaining the superficial trappings of it.

Latest posts

Back