So, What did you think?

• Total voters
But to me, the book will ALWAYS be "With great power, comes a total lack of accountability..." It's the coming of age story that is so normally applied to superheroes, applied to supervillains instead... as in, "When a boy, grew into a man" becomes "When a boy, grew into his dick."

Good one. Totally agreed.

Here's the Super Bowl TV Spot.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809878244/video/6231634

and Some set pics.

541vzma.jpg

4tjhtav.jpg

5zr1weu.jpg

6g2kac5.jpg

Last edited:
NEW Trailer.

I know this is nothing like the comic, but since I've never read it, I think this looks pretty sweet. Obviously, I can imagine you guys are gonna have some beefs with this new trailer, which, from what I've heard, just further distances itself from the source material.

As far as mindnumbing action movies go...this looks sweet.

The biggest complaint is that it ISN'T Wanted.

Had this been any other movie named something else...I wouldn't mind. But the fact that it's calling itself Wanted based on Millar's work is just rubbing me teh wrong way.

So, maybe this is a little off topic, but....

I liked Wanted for the most part, but did anyone else get the impression that parts of it came off as, aahh.... like, a poor man's Palahniuk novel?

So, maybe this is a little off topic, but....

I liked Wanted for the most part, but did anyone else get the impression that parts of it came off as, aahh.... like, a poor man's Palahniuk novel?
I can see why you'd say that.

Except Palahniuk would intentionally make his protagonist a lot more reprehensible or difficult to like.

Millar only starts making steps towards making Wesley an ******* in the latter half of the book, and even then it's a self-doubting, "gee don't we do stuff other than **** **** up" *******, something Palahniuk would never 'stoop' to doing.

I can see why you'd say that.

Except Palahniuk would intentionally make his protagonist a lot more reprehensible or difficult to like.

Millar only starts making steps towards making Wesley an ******* in the latter half of the book, and even then it's a self-doubting, "gee don't we do stuff other than **** **** up" *******, something Palahniuk would never 'stoop' to doing.

What are you talking about? He raped and murdered wantonly.

What are you talking about? He raped and murdered wantonly.
Yes, but he was less of an ******* about it than the characters from Choke and Fight Club.

It was just the 'psychological equivalent of his balls dropping' and he was constantly plagued by existential doubts about it.

Whereas almost every Palahniuk protagonist seems to indulge in their behavior with a sort of bemused condescension towards human race and the pointless ways in which people attempt to rationalize their own existence.

Regardless of how faithful this is to the comic book, I hope this movie is actually good, cause I'd root for it anyway.

Yes, but he was less of an ******* about it than the characters from Choke and Fight Club.

It was just the 'psychological equivalent of his balls dropping' and he was constantly plagued by existential doubts about it.

Whereas almost every Palahniuk protagonist seems to indulge in their behavior with a sort of bemused condescension towards human race and the pointless ways in which people attempt to rationalize their own existence.

That is so ****ing true.

Regardless of how faithful this is to the comic book, I hope this movie is actually good, cause I'd root for it anyway.

I can't see myself liking this. The CGI really worked against me. I hate the bullet turning they put in the trailer. And why the **** is this movie not out??? I thought the trailer came out before the Iron man one and Iron Man debut before? I don't get it. This movie should have been released already.

I can't see myself liking this. The CGI really worked against me. I hate the bullet turning they put in the trailer. And why the **** is this movie not out??? I thought the trailer came out before the Iron man one and Iron Man debut before? I don't get it. This movie should have been released already.
I like it.

It's been awhile since I've seen an overt gun-crazy action film in awhile, having been watching mostly martial arts stuff or superhero fare over the past years, so I guess I'm 'ready' for another one of these pictures that try to 'innovate' (in the loosest sense of the word) the gun piece.

That said, the release of a trailer has nothing to do with the relationship between a film's release and the release of another film whose trailer got released after. What matters more to studios is scheduling, when to put a film out and what it may or may not be up against. It's almost like a little dance or a card game between them.

"I pay 4 and put this film into play on December!"

"Oh yeah, well I tap 2 and put this out in direct competition!"

"Holy ****, I will tap 1 to move it here, and replace it with this!"

"Okay, well with this film, I will pay 3, and put "viewership cannibalization" into play! Now we BOTH lose on December, but I still have more money!"

So I put my name into Millarworld's lottery for the New York screening of this movie, which is next week.

I want to go, but now I had the thought of how I will get back since I'd take the train to NY, but the trains don't run 24 hours, so I'd have no way back until the next day....

Latest posts

Back