So, What did you think?

• Total voters
So I put my name into Millarworld's lottery for the New York screening of this movie, which is next week.

I want to go, but now I had the thought of how I will get back since I'd take the train to NY, but the trains don't run 24 hours, so I'd have no way back until the next day....
DSF gets an overnight room mate!

As far as summer action blockbusters go...I think this'll be damn entertaining. But it's just not Wanted and I hate it for calling itself that.

..and having Jolie in it. I hate her so much.

Last edited:
This is the best movie I've seen all year.

It's almost as innovative as the Matrix.

It makes Fight Club look like Brokeback Mountain.

It's 300 times 3000.

It's orgasmic.

It's masculine wish-fulfillment.

It's nothing like the comic book - in fact, you could just call it something other than Wanted and it would be unidentifiable as an adaptation of the graphic novel (though there are some bits that are taken directly from the comic....Wesley Gibson and Fox are pretty much the only two characters that have been transferred from the comic to the film).

In short, it's completely and utterly badass, and I'm still thinking about it hours after seeing it.

Last edited:
So I guess we should make another thread.

Probably not necessary. I doubt it will get much attention.

It's good people are liking it though. I might watch it online when a good version comes up.

It's almost as innovative as the Matrix.

Sorry, but that's ridiculous.

The Matrix INVENTED this movie. The Matrix changed shooter movies forever. Bullet time, pan-o-cam, etc etc etc ALL OF THAT, that's The Matrix, and every stylized shooter since then has been using, playing with and building upon those concepts and foundations. This is no different. Wow, they curve a bullet in the air. The Matrix REDEFINED WHAT BULLETS WERE.

This was a ****-cool, high-budget-and-knows it stylized action movie that added a few new, fun concepts to the chapter of cinema that will still always be known as "Post-Matrix/Pre-[whatever the next genre-exploding generational movie is]".

Last edited:

The Matrix INVENTED this movie. The Matrix changed shooter movies forever. Bullet time, pan-o-cam, etc etc etc ALL OF THAT, that's The Matrix, and every stylized shooter since then has been using, playing with and building upon those concepts and foundations. This is no different. Wow, they curve a bullet in the air. The Matrix REDEFINED WHAT BULLETS WERE.

This was a ****-cool, high-budget-and-knows it stylized action movie that added a few new, fun concepts to the chapter of cinema that will still always be known as "Post-Matrix/Pre-[whatever the next genre-exploding generational movie is]".

I'd like to point out that Gun-Fu and Bullet-Time both existed well before The Matrix, while a damn fine movie and one of the defining movies of our time (not for sheer quality, but as a pop culture icon)

The Matrix was just not that innovative, it just did all the right things at the right time.

And, through innovation, hard work and skill, did them extremely well in a way that made them permeate pop-culture like never before. Innovation isn't synonymus with total originality.

actually, it is. to Innovate is to introduce a new take on an existing idea or a completley original idea.

The bulk of the matrix wasn't innovative, Gun-Fu + Bullet Time + Machines ruling the World (Terminator) + Chosen One + low grade telekenesis (Star Wars) + post apocalyptic future + Prophecies

the whole thing was fairly routine from an originality standpoint, what really made the Matrix shine was the talent, everyone involved in the project was just fantastic in every facet. from the Wachowski's to Fishburne to Reeves to the CGI monkeys, they all did an incredible job.

Okay, I'm tired of this. I still think The Matrix, although not the most original movie ever, is still one of the most innovative, and yes, that can just extend to a new take on existing ideas without being totally original, just like you said.

But this is pointless. I love The Matrix. You love The Matrix. Why are we arguing about this? The bottom line is that the idea that Wanted is as innovative as The Matrix is ridiculous. It's one more thumbtack on the map of the United States Of Amatrixa.

I'm leaving the site. Goodbye. I know how much you'll all miss me.

Last edited:
Plus, the premise of The Matrix was almost admittedly ripped off
from The Invisibles.

*stirring the pot*

Last edited:
Planet-Man said:
Okay, I'm tired of this. I still think The Matrix, although not the most original movie ever, is still one of the most innovative, and yes, that can just extend to a new take on existing ideas without being totally original, just like you said.

I wouldn't say it was "innovative" so much as polished. It almost felt like a mosaic homage, in the same way as Kill Bill.

Planet-Man said:
But this is pointless. I love The Matrix. You love The Matrix. Why are we arguing about this? The bottom line is that the idea that Wanted is as innovative as The Matrix is ridiculous. It's one more thumbtack on the map of the United States Of Amatrixa.

Eh. The Matrix was pretty cool. The sequels, not so much. unless you were really, really baked.

Then the robot fights were awesome.

Plus, the premise of The Matrix was almost admittedly ripped off
from The Invisibles.

*stirring the pot*

Yes. That too.

Last edited:

I'm leaving the site. Goodbye. I know how much you'll all miss me.

kkkkkkaaaaayyyyyy......

I'm just posting that I disagree with you about the Matrix's Innovativenss, it's more or less a friendly debate. you don't need to go drama queen.

I've never seen Wanted, I plan on it but only as a rent once it hits stores, and I don't "Love" The Matrix, I like it sure, it's a good movie, But I think the cultural impact that it has caused is way overblown.

Hell if Equilibrium and The Matrix had there release dates swapped we'd be having a completley different discussion right now. Even though Equilibrium wasn't much more than a modernization of Logan's Run.

This movie has its own ****ing definition of bullets. It's faster than the Matrix. It's cooler than the Matrix. It's almost as innovative as the Matrix (why are you twisting my words and making it sound like I'm saying that it is as or more innovative than the Matrix?). It's an adrenaline rush (as is the Matrix, but the Matrix incorporates all that sci-fi ****).

The Matrix is one of the coolest and most innovative action flicks of all time, but Wanted is like, a million times cooler. I'd watch it over the Matrix any day. Keanu can't act to save his life. Morgan Freeman kicks Laurence Fishburne's ***. Angelina Jolie is ten times hotter than Carrie Ann Moss. The Fraternity is so much cooler than the Human Resistance and all that bull****. Wanted was a thousand times more satisfying than the Matrix - it doesn't delve into too much meaning (besides fate and destiny), it's just pure action. You don't need to think about it. I can probably relate to Wesley Gibson more than any other movie character (not talking about his comic book counterpart, though they are very similar).

And curving ****ing bullets is a thousand times cooler than just shooting them and watching the air ripple before your eyes.

Not to mention the mile-long sniper rifle shot.

Not to mention
stopping the tip of a machete with the nozzle of your gun, breaking the blade, and plunging it into a dude's stomach.

Not to mention
telling your boss to "shut the **** up," walking over, and smacking your cheating best friend on the face with a keyboard, having it break, and in slow-motion, having the broken keys spell "**** YOU" chilling alongside the mother****er's flying tooth.

And not to mention Morgan Freeman
yelling "Shoot this mother****er" and making Samuel L. Jackson look like Tinky Winky from the Teletubbies.

"What the **** have you done lately?"

Last edited:
This movie has its own ****ing definition of bullets. It's faster than the Matrix. It's cooler than the Matrix. It's almost as innovative as the Matrix (why are you twisting my words and making it sound like I'm saying that it is as or more innovative than the Matrix?).

The Matrix is one of the coolest and most innovative action flicks of all time, but Wanted is like, a million times cooler. I'd watch it over the Matrix any day. Keanu can't act to save his life. Morgan Freeman kicks Laurence Fishburne's ***. Angelina Jolie is ten times hotter than Carrie Ann Moss. The Fraternity is so much cooler than the Human Resistance and all that bull****. Wanted was a thousand times more satisfying than the Matrix - it doesn't delve into too much meaning (besides fate and destiny), it's just pure action. You don't need to think about it. I can probably relate to Wesley Gibson more than any other movie character (not talking about his comic book counterpart, though they are very similar).

And curving ****ing bullets is a thousand times cooler than just shooting them and watching the air ripple before your eyes.

Not to mention the mile-long sniper rifle shot.

Not to mention
stopping the tip of a machete with the nozzle of your gun, breaking the blade, and plunging it into a dude's stomach.

Not to mention
telling your boss to "shut the **** up," walking over, and smacking your cheating best friend on the face with a keyboard, having it break, and in slow-motion, having the broken keys spell "**** YOU" chilling alongside the mother****er's flying tooth.

And not to mention Morgan Freeman
yelling "Shoot this mother****er" and making Samuel L. Jackson look like Tinky Winky from the Teletubbies.

"What the **** have you done lately?"
*yawn*

And half of that stuff is from the comic.

I like it when Langsta gets excited. He's like a little kitten.

*catches Langsta*

Latest posts

Back