Watchmen (Spoilers)

Dr.Strangefate said:
Okay, you weren't a fan, we get it.

Now, unless you're offering constructive criticism, or just valid reasons you didn't like it, why don't you stop -trying- to offend the book and anyone who likes it?

That's why anyone would flame you to begin with. The minute you take this and make it personal, is the minute you'll lose all credibility.

Dude, it wasn't personal. Why is everything so personal? I was just saying that this thing had been praised to high heaven to the point that it was blasphemy not to like it. I explained why I didn't like it. It was badly drawn, based on a plot of an old movie, and had characters that I found derivative. I'd heard so much about it that I was hoping it would live up to its hype. For me, it just didn't.

John Q. Public said:
Well, sorry to include you in the flame attack, but it was kind of a shotgun assault that was pretty amusing and called for a commensurate response.

:lol:

Let's see,

First Doc made a tongue in cheek comment. I followed suit. Then there was Guijllons comment which apparently you were okay with.

So, what shotgun assault?

Ah, the art of blowing steam over nothing. Where would any forum be without it?

Last edited:
John Q. Public said:
Nice comeback. I'm staggering from this blow. Anybody see the old 1960s Kirk Douglas movie "Failsafe?" Where they blew up New York to avoid retaliation for an accidental USSR strike? Watchmen was that, only with cheesy ripoffs of iconic characters. Being called an idiot by you is quite the compliment.

Hey, I specialize in stupid comments, Einstein. It's the self-important responses (usually devoid of a spellcheck) that makes this so much fun! Just put me on "ignore" and you'll be just fine.

comeback? did you insult me earlier in the thread? if you did i missed it. and if you didn't you're misusing the word comeback.

can't say i saw failsafe, so i don't know if the comparison is good or not. however, your statement that the characters are cheesy ripoffs is startling. they characters are nothing like those they are actually based on. rorschach is much more interesting, and much better loved than the question. night owl is a lot more realistic as the playboy superhero than blue beetle. doctor manhattan is the most realistic omnipotent hero ever. i think it's absurd to say they are cheesy ripoffs when most of them are better remembered and liked than the original characters.

also, you're a class act using the "i know you're dumb but what am i" defense. "being called an idiot by you is quite the compliment?" who am i, bizarro? do i simply speak opposites? or you under the assumption that only geniuses like yourself can recognize stupidity.

curley: man, that big dude from "Of mice and men," you're a genius!
big dude from "of mice and men": induditaly!

if you were truly that smart, you'd realize that i simply insult you so you can respond like that. i find it fun. if you truly that smart, you'd realize it because i said so in the last thread we did this on.

so no, i won't put you on "ignore," because you're too much fun, in short. you make these things interesting. i might just start a "Jesus was a good dude" thread, or perhaps a "The Yankees have the most championships in baseball" thread, just so you can argue it.

Sniper shot?

Well, maybe if you had delivered your message in the form of a Haiku.

"Watchmen is truth
The Villain's contempt will break
On my indifference"

wouldn't that be samurai sword?

i said sniper shot that i took a lot apart well in one fell swoop, in my humble opinion. though i did take numerous things apart.

sniper bazooka? kind of an oxymoron.

tactical nuclear strike? that's reserved for when i bust out the your mom joke.

ninja flurry? perhaps.

anyway, back on topic.

has anyone taken a look at the anniversary edition? they redid the colouring digitally, and it looks great. you really notice it on closeups of faces and the large shots.

despite looking a ton better, it doesnt lose the overall atmosphere given by the colours in the first edition.

iceman said:
anyway, back on topic.

has anyone taken a look at the anniversary edition? they redid the colouring digitally, and it looks great. you really notice it on closeups of faces and the large shots.

despite looking a ton better, it doesnt lose the overall atmosphere given by the colours in the first edition.
I forgot that was coming out. What are the extras? I heard that there was a fair bit of stuff.

I might check out the HC if only for the "improved" coloring.

ourchair said:
There is no such thing as a samurai sword.

You are splitting hair for the fun of it. Is your beef that he didn't write : "A Samurai's sword" or that he didn't write "A katana"?

Either way it's silly.

For those not aware of it, "Katana" is just the japanese generic catch all term for any long bladed weapon. It basically just means "sword".

Last edited:
UltimateE said:
I might check out the HC if only for the "improved" coloring.

you can take those quote marks off, soldier. i saw it myself, it looks gorgeous.

E.Vi.L. said:
You are splitting hair for the fun of it. Is your beef that he didn't write : "A Samurai's sword" or that he didn't write "A katana"?
I have no beef. I'm having fun. Watch me have fun... hee hee hee.

I read half the Watchmen TPB in borders a couple weeks back and havent been bothered to finish it.

Maximum Carnage is better :)

Nurhachi said:
I read half the Watchmen TPB in borders a couple weeks back and havent been bothered to finish it.

Maximum Carnage is better :)

:shock: I...uh...speechless.... Someone FINALLY agree's with me?!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back