UC: "n00b! U r teh suck."

Last edited:
Mole: "I don't want to read WATCHMEN."
Mole: "I want to read WATCHMEN."

Post of the Day

Just finished reading chapters 3 + 4.

Chapter 3 was very well done I thought with Dr Manhattan been blamed for cancer and exiling himself to mars. That was all handled very well and after previous stuff it showed he actually did feel emotion which was cool

Chapter 4 was a miss with me. I thought it was repetitive as hell replaying the same thing over and over. Now I know it had a purpose I just didn't liike how it was handled at all.

Chapter 4 was a miss with me. I thought it was repetitive as hell replaying the same thing over and over. Now I know it had a purpose I just didn't liike how it was handled at all.

I think I hear the angry villagers coming with their torches and pitchforks. :D

I don't know the comics, but noticed you guys were saying how you didn't like the look of the character Ozymandias. I looked on Wiki and found this image:

Ozymandiasliveaction.jpg

Maybe that'll change your mind since he looks different from the EW cover.

I think that's why most of the people don't like him - he's all dark and brooding.

Just finished reading chapters 3 + 4.

Chapter 3 was very well done I thought with Dr Manhattan been blamed for cancer and exiling himself to mars. That was all handled very well and after previous stuff it showed he actually did feel emotion which was cool

the chapter called fearful symmetry is something else- the first panel is a mirror of the last, the second of the second last, all the way to the middle of the book, which is an action shot of adrian veidt.

also keep an eye out for clocks, various things in the shape of a smiley face with the streak of blood (which itself is a take on the clock), and all the little things written on random objects in each panel. the art has some serious depth to it, which just adds to moore's ridiculousness.

also, check this out: http://www.capnwacky.com/rj/watchmen/chapter1.html this guide really opens up the book and helps you to catch all the little details that make it so special.

i hope you continue to find it interesting

Last edited:
the chapter called fearful symmetry is something else- the first panel is a mirror of the last, the second of the second last, all the way to the middle of the book, which is an action shot of adrian veidt.

If that's the one I read. Like said I knew the meaning behind it but I didn't like it it was too repetitive for me. It was like "ok I get it now your just milking the photo at my feet line" The rest though 1-3 I like and will read 5+ over next week thanks.

If that's the one I read. Like said I knew the meaning behind it but I didn't like it it was too repetitive for me. It was like "ok I get it now your just milking the photo at my feet line" The rest though 1-3 I like and will read 5+ over next week thanks.

fearful symmetry is chapter 5.

4 is the one explaining the origin of dr. manhattan, i think. i can understand your feeling it drags... its about how god came to be on earth, more or less, and about how he loses his humanity

4 is the one explaining the origin of dr. manhattan, i think. i can understand your feeling it drags... its about how god came to be on earth, more or less, and about how he loses his humanity

That's the one. Yeah I thought it could have been done better.

Greatest line in any comic ever written, past, present, & future:

"Do it?"

Dan, I'm not a republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my masterstroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

If you don't get chills when you read that, you have problems and should be reading X-Men comics.

"Do it?"

Dan, I'm not a republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my masterstroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

If you don't get chills when you read that, you have problems and should be reading X-Men comics.

Word.

"Do it?"

Agreed.

Also, I know it's been argued to death, but
did anyone else not like the alien plot that Veidt hatches up? I mean, the set up, execution, and the aftermath are all wonderful, but the idea itself is so stupidly cheesy. I mean, I guess that could be the point, what with Watchmen being a deconstruction of the superhero genre, lame villain plots and all, but that was the only part of the book that I just didn't like. Unfortunately, I don't know how else it could have been done, but. . .I dunno.

"Do it?"

That is an amazing line, for so many reasons. The first is that it really does show just how stupid the typical villain really is. Any being with rational thought would start his/her great plan for world domination BEFORE the would-be heroes arrives on the scene.

Like 30 minutes min.

Secondly, it is scary.
The bad guy has won. Despite everything Rorscarch tried to do, he could not stop the villain. He could not stop evil. The good guys failed. The bad guys were victorius.

Latest posts

Back