Weird Dreams

I always have that happen to me, and it creeps me out. I always do something, and then remember doing it again, but I also remember dreaming it and then I have no idea what's happening.

And then I curse myself for reading comics by Grant Morrison.

So does anyone else dream the future? And I'm not talking about some Marty McFly future stuff with cars------no. I'm talking about dreaming events before they happen?

Here's why I ask.

This morning I was up and I was sitting on the couch watching "How I Met Your Mother".....and The Captain was playing with his chew rope and then a bird flew smack-dab into the patio door.

It wasn't until this moment that I had that weird deja vu feeling. And after I thought about it some more I had this feeling of what else was gonna happen this morning. I knew that as soon as I threw away the wrapper from my most excellent Steak/Egg/Cheese Bagel from McD's that the dryer buzzer was gonna go off. And it did.

Weird....

This happen with anyone else? Or anyone got a reason for this?
Yeah, I had a dream that seemed to feature several major elements of The Invisibles exactly two months before I read it, thereby proving that Grant Morrison is ****ing scary.

If you're asking for the reason, it's pretty simple. Really, things like time are sort of ... irrelevant. In reality, it can be said that there is no time and that all things that have happened or ever will happen are happening right now. Think about how Dr. Manhattan talks in Watchmen. Awake, our perceptions color the universe and force us to believe that time is single line. In the magic, subconcscious world of dreams, there is no time and space. Hence why you can move effortlessly from place to place and time to time, meeting dead people, fictional people, and people who you may not even know.

So why do you dream about the future? Because it's already happening as we speak.

For more on this subject, head to your local comic book store and begin reading Promethea. Right now.
And then I curse myself for reading comics by Grant Morrison.
Damn you Morrison!!!

Last night I had a kickass dream where I was a Punisher/Batman style vigilante trying to catch a killer. Sadly, I can only remember the very end of the dream. The cops are hunting me down when I meet up with this Renee Montoya-esque police detective who gives me a book and a note telling me to turn to a specific page and a specific sentence, supposedly revealing the big clue that will solve the case. I begin flipping the pages tensely, I find the page, I start searching, and...My alarm goes off.

****ing ****, man.

To preface this, the closest I've ever come to visiting Washington State is watching Twin Peaks.

Anyways, I had a dream where I moved to Walla Walla, Washington (that looked a lot like Twin Peaks actually) and everybody in Walla Walla, Washington walks around wearing Batman pajama's and cut-out masks of Adam West's face. Apparently all I do in Walla Walla, Washington is sit in my house (this huge, creepy gabled mansion) and watch reruns of Dallas waiting to find out who shot JR. Also, the Chupacabra lives in my house. It isn't my roommate or pet or anything, it just has a corner of the living room that it hangs out in. One day my friend comes to visit me and see's it over in the corner and asks me, "Hey, what's that?" I just respond, "Oh, that's just the Chupacabra."

Another time I had a dream where I was watching a football game (which cued me immediately that it was a dream ;)) and this giant spider latched itself onto the face of the quarterback for the Bengals. He was lying on the field, screaming in horror and pain, and the referee and other players started debating if removing the spider would be in violation of parlimentary procedure. They had to wind up calling the lawyer's who entered stage left. The really strange part of it all was that while this was all going on, "A View to a Kill" by Duran Duran was playing.

Yep.

To preface this, the closest I've ever come to visiting Washington State is watching Twin Peaks.

Anyways, I had a dream where I moved to Walla Walla, Washington (that looked a lot like Twin Peaks actually) and everybody in Walla Walla, Washington walks around wearing Batman pajama's and cut-out masks of Adam West's face. Apparently all I do in Walla Walla, Washington is sit in my house (this huge, creepy gabled mansion) and watch reruns of Dallas waiting to find out who shot JR. Also, the Chupacabra lives in my house. It isn't my roommate or pet or anything, it just has a corner of the living room that it hangs out in. One day my friend comes to visit me and see's it over in the corner and asks me, "Hey, what's that?" I just respond, "Oh, that's just the Chupacabra."

Which sounds like a Twin Peaks episode

Another time I had a dream where I was watching a football game (which cued me immediately that it was a dream ;)) and this giant spider latched itself onto the face of the quarterback for the Bengals. He was lying on the field, screaming in horror and pain, and the referee and other players started debating if removing the spider would be in violation of parlimentary procedure. They had to wind up calling the lawyer's who entered stage left. The really strange part of it all was that while this was all going on, "A View to a Kill" by Duran Duran was playing.

Yep.

THose funny british

I had a dream I saw Pan's Labyrinth, but it had nothing to do with the commercials and sucked. Then I came home and was looking through people's MSN pictures and saw one of the girl I've been in love with for 2 years looking more beautiful than I'd ever seen her, and it felt like I'd been physically punched in the stomach and groin at the same time.

And then I realized it wasn't a dream.

Not the best day.:(

Edit: On the plus side I should mention that I'm eating some Chocolate Cherry Garcia ice-cream right now, as mentioned by the model in Little Miss Sunshine, and it's very delicious.

Last edited:
Okay two nights ago I had this dream where I had a job where me and this other guy were watching these morons, I got pissed and quit. Then I was wondering through the woods when a ninja attacks me, what preceeded was the most kick *** ninja fight I've ever dreamed, it was extremely fast paced and actually made sense, it was awesome.

Then last night I had a very weird dream where the fabric of time itself fell on my house anf there was this freaky interloop of the space time continum. All these people from my family some who are dead was there, there were three versions of my dog, each a different age. I was talking to a bunch of people, getting to know people I never meet, it was really freaky. Also Joe Pesci was there and I don't know why.

Okay two nights ago I had this dream where I had a job where me and this other guy were watching these morons, I got pissed and quit. Then I was wondering through the woods when a ninja attacks me, what preceeded was the most kick *** ninja fight I've ever dreamed, it was extremely fast paced and actually made sense, it was awesome.

Then last night I had a very weird dream where the fabric of time itself fell on my house anf there was this freaky interloop of the space time continum. All these people from my family some who are dead was there, there were three versions of my dog, each a different age. I was talking to a bunch of people, getting to know people I never meet, it was really freaky. Also Joe Pesci was there and I don't know why.
Because everythings better with Joe Pesci.

I had a dream where Bruce Lee was dressed up as a sweedish maid and was serving me Daiquiris.

...I can't believe that I just shared that.

Last night I had a dream where I was at my first day at college and something in class prompted me to pull out a butcher knife and stab my professor in the chest several times. He was only minorly injured and apparently wasn't very angry but I couldn't stop crying because I didn't know why I did it. I started trying to say that I've been really depressed lately but no one seemed to care. As this was happening time started to speed up around me and suddenly the school was abandoned and dirty and it was on fire and there was an enormous pile of bodies lieing in front of me and everything was turning black. And then I woke up.

I don't know why, but I've been having a lot of really depressing, horrible dreams lately. I keep on thinking warmly about the kind of comforting dreams I've had in the past but they only seem to be getting worse...

Last night I had a dream where I was at my first day at college and something in class prompted me to pull out a butcher knife and stab my professor in the chest several times. He was only minorly injured and apparently wasn't very angry but I couldn't stop crying because I didn't know why I did it. I started trying to say that I've been really depressed lately but no one seemed to care. As this was happening time started to speed up around me and suddenly the school was abandoned and dirty and it was on fire and there was an enormous pile of bodies lieing in front of me and everything was turning black. And then I woke up.

I don't know why, but I've been having a lot of really depressing, horrible dreams lately. I keep on thinking warmly about the kind of comforting dreams I've had in the past but they only seem to be getting worse...

Emo.

I rarely have nightmares but I had one last night.

My art teacher is kind of a nut and she's currently on leave(presumably some kind of breakdown).

In my dream, she'd been linked to a series of murders and I was trying to find a way to prove it. What ended up happening is that the cops charged her with the murders at the exact same time I realized my parents were the real serial killers.
When they got home I was sitting at the top of the stairs and they started to creepily talk about the murders and said how they wanted me to be a part of it(this can obviously be taken two ways). The started climbing up the stairs and I protected myself by pulling out these padded carseats that were somehow attached to the stairs and making a wall with them. My mom stepped over the wall and I grabbed a butcherknife, realizing I had two options: kill my parents or be killed.

I chose option #3: Purposely wake up.

After a few seconds of reflecting on one of the most disturbing dreams I've ever had, I tried to look at the digital clock next to my bed. I pushed the blankets down to see that they were flashing 4:30am, for their had been a blackout.

Luckily I was wearing my watch and saw that it was actually 6:30am. It took me a while to fall back asleep because I was terrified by both the dream and the idea that the blackout had been caused by a Dawn of the Dead-like scenario, and now zombies were going to break into my house(that's a recurring scary idea of mine).

In retrospect I'm extremely lucky that I didn't wake up during the blackout in a pitch-black room with no clocks and no streetlamps outside.

Haha - I was going to say the same thing.

Congrats Moonie, you're emo. Better go out and pick up the newest Good Charlotte CD.
I full admit to how Emo that dream was. I was even going to say it myself.

But it really did freak me out. And not in a scary way, but in an Emo-tional way.

After I stabbed the teacher I felt more pathetic and ashamed and just ****ty than I've ever felt before in my life.
I rarely have nightmares but I had one last night.

My art teacher is kind of a nut and she's currently on leave(presumably some kind of breakdown).

In my dream, she'd been linked to a series of murders and I was trying to find a way to prove it. What ended up happening is that the cops charged her with the murders at the exact same time I realized my parents were the real serial killers.
When they got home I was sitting at the top of the stairs and they started to creepily talk about the murders and said how they wanted me to be a part of it(this can obviously be taken two ways). The started climbing up the stairs and I protected myself by pulling out these padded carseats that were somehow attached to the stairs and making a wall with them. My mom stepped over the wall and I grabbed a butcherknife, realizing I had two options: kill my parents or be killed.

I chose option #3: Purposely wake up.
Ugh. I wish I had done that. Ya know how certain parts of dreams stick with you as being kind of hyperreal? I could and still can imagine the way the knife feels when it's sliding into someone's chest. It feels like stabbing a slab of meat...
After a few seconds of reflecting on one of the most disturbing dreams I've ever had, I tried to look at the digital clock next to my bed. I pushed the blankets down to see that they were flashing 4:30am, for their had been a blackout.

Luckily I was wearing my watch and saw that it was actually 6:30am. It took me a while to fall back asleep because I was terrified by both the dream and the idea that the blackout had been caused by a Dawn of the Dead-like scenario, and now zombies were going to break into my house(that's a recurring scary idea of mine).
A few weeks ago I woke up from a bad dream and couldn't get back to sleep because I was convinced that the creaking noise outside of my bedroom door was someone standing there. It turned into this whole scenario in my head. I hate that kind of thing.

Last night I had a werid dream involving Batgirl and a lot of demonic stuff. I was really freaked out this morning and thought it would make a good story.

Now I don't remember details expect a huge LOTR type battle in a canyon.

After I stabbed the teacher I felt more pathetic and ashamed and just ****ty than I've ever felt before in my life.
That totally makes me feel better about the fact I said "He's a nice guy, apart from the pedophilia" on the weekend.

Lets see, just the other night I had my first dream that I remember having a comic character in it.

Basically I'm being trained at a SuperVillain School that looks like Dr. Seuss' Cow Killing Factory [so basically a Tim Burton setting]. Throughout the entire training everyone is being taught how to rob and steal by my drama teacher who cackles meanacingly high atop the School.

At some point I return from my mission to see her [my drama teacher] watching as some of my fellow students are pumped out a school by an evil looking Seuss pump that shoots them into a hole. A coffin raises from the hole with the student nicely laid down in it. The coffin closes and gets shot [by a spring] into the school window.

Finally as a test my teacher shows some of us to a room where F students are laid down in coffins that are sunk into the ground. As a final test a couple of the classmates have to kill them by closing the coffin doors, making them suffocate. WE all lock the coffins up except I go back and try to open one and when I finally get it open, a limp, dead and faded Mr. Fantastic has taken the place of the student. My teacher kicks me out the school and thats when I awaken.

Fun stuff.

Latest posts

Back