Weird Dreams

I may have already mentioned this here, but currently my 3-year old is having problems with nightmares about a green monster. He says he saw it in the movie Hercules, but I didn't see the whole movie so I'm not sure.

Apparently in his dream the green monster was looking at him and kind of like raising his eyebrows at him, then it tied him up and ate him.

I feel bad laughing, because it's no laughing matter with him. He's afraid to go to bed.

Sometimes I used to wake up in the middle of the night, and I wouldn't be able to bend my fingers and I would just rub my numb hand against my pillowcase, and then a minute later everything would be fine again. :?

E said:
I may have already mentioned this here, but currently my 3-year old is having problems with nightmares about a green monster. He says he saw it in the movie Hercules, but I didn't see the whole movie so I'm not sure.

Apparently in his dream the green monster was looking at him and kind of like raising his eyebrows at him, then it tied him up and ate him.

I feel bad laughing, because it's no laughing matter with him. He's afraid to go to bed.

That's kinda funny.....especially since it's a Disney movie. But yeah---nightmares are nightmares regardless of the source.

I think the creature he was refering to was the either the big centaur by the waterfall or one of Hades's imps.

Damn you Disney.....

i had a dream that paul mccartney and i were jamming to some old beatles tunes at my school's battle of the bands. ringo was there too, but john and george musta been dead.

but the paul and ringo were young....

RedStarZero said:
Have any of you guys ever heard of sleep paralysis? Because I think a few of you may suffer from it. It's when (I believe) you go to sleep and skip all the normal early stages and go straight into REM. Then, if something startles you in your dreams or in real life, it jolts you out of sleep, but you are temporarily paralyzed. My cousin has it, and I can only imagine that it is pretty terrifying.

I had a friend who that happened to often. Used to freak him out

RedStarZero said:
I don't know if this counts as dreaming or not, but I'm going to include it, because it happens in the night.

Sometimes, I wake up for no apparent reason, and literally throw myself out of my bed. The impact of hitting the floor (if I'm lucky) or the wall (if I throw myself in the wrong direction) is what wakes me up. But that's not the weird part. When I wake up, I hallucinate. At least, I think I'm hallucinating, if I'm not, I have bigger problems.

The first time this happened, I stood up in the middle of the room, stood up, and looked at the coat rack behind my door. There was a small bat stuck in between a dew of the coats, flapping his wings like mad, but he was emitting this bright purple light from underneath. I was afraid to leave because I had to go near him to open the door, so when I thought he wasn't looking (I can't reason when I'm like this) I ran for the door then through my house screaming for my mom. I only come out of this when I get her back to my room and actually have to explain what happened, and realize how strange it sounds.

The second time was really a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th time. I woke up the same way as I did with the bat, but this time, there was a black spider, about two feet across, coming down with its legs ready to wrap me up, over my bed, where I had just been. I ran across my room, and when I turned around, he was gone. I figured it was another hallucination, so I shook out my sheets and went back to sleep. Exactly an hour later, it happened again, only this time it's legs were kind of beckoning me. I ran away, waited, shook them out again, and went back to sleep. Exactly one hour after that, it happened again. This time I was really scared, so I went and slept on the other bed on the opposite side of the room, after sitting up on lookout for another couple of hours.

Wow....that would be freaky

E said:

.....would you be angry if i said this made me laugh?

RedStarZero said:
I don't know if this counts as dreaming or not, but I'm going to include it, because it happens in the night.

Sometimes, I wake up for no apparent reason, and literally throw myself out of my bed. The impact of hitting the floor (if I'm lucky) or the wall (if I throw myself in the wrong direction) is what wakes me up. But that's not the weird part. When I wake up, I hallucinate. At least, I think I'm hallucinating, if I'm not, I have bigger problems.

The first time this happened, I stood up in the middle of the room, stood up, and looked at the coat rack behind my door. There was a small bat stuck in between a dew of the coats, flapping his wings like mad, but he was emitting this bright purple light from underneath. I was afraid to leave because I had to go near him to open the door, so when I thought he wasn't looking (I can't reason when I'm like this) I ran for the door then through my house screaming for my mom. I only come out of this when I get her back to my room and actually have to explain what happened, and realize how strange it sounds.

The second time was really a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th time. I woke up the same way as I did with the bat, but this time, there was a black spider, about two feet across, coming down with its legs ready to wrap me up, over my bed, where I had just been. I ran across my room, and when I turned around, he was gone. I figured it was another hallucination, so I shook out my sheets and went back to sleep. Exactly an hour later, it happened again, only this time it's legs were kind of beckoning me. I ran away, waited, shook them out again, and went back to sleep. Exactly one hour after that, it happened again. This time I was really scared, so I went and slept on the other bed on the opposite side of the room, after sitting up on lookout for another couple of hours.

Obviously, you're a witch.

In all honesty, it might be worth seeing a Chinese medicine doctor about this. The reason is nightmares and hallucinations are symptoms of imbalances in the body that Chinese medicine recognises and this could be something as simple as a problem in your diet - or perhaps it could be something to do with side-effects if you take any kind of recreational drug (I don't know if you do, I'm just saying). It might be worth checking out - especially if you're worried. I tell you what, I'll ask my doctor quickly about it and see if he has any helpful tips for you.

E said:

You should tell him this story about Uncle Bass.

I used to be scared of going to sleep, but only at Christmas.

See, every Christmas I'd go to Egypt to spend time with my extended family. I would take a plane with my mum and sister to Cairo, where we'd see my dad's side of the family for about three days. Then, we'd drive to Alexandria (a three hour trip) and spend the next week and a half there. Then, we'd go back to Cairo for another day or two and come home back to England.

Now, in Alexandria we lived in a villa. Three floors - gorgeous, gorgeous house. God I miss it. I've not been to Egypt since I was 14 due to a very big fall out with my family. But I digress. In Cairo, we lived in a very spacious apartment. Very comfortable indeed.

But I was always scared to sleep there.

I had a recurring dream that terrified me every single time I'd sleep in that apartment.

In it, there was a giant gorilla - in this apartment - and it had a train set in a circle surrounding it. And I was on that train set, as a wind up toy, and it would continually parade me across it.

For some reason, this really scared the **** out of me. So much so, I really, really, didn't want to go to bed.

And it happened a minimum of once virtually every year until I was about 10 or so.

So you can tell your child even God-Men, like me, Uncle Bass can be scared.

Or you can tell your child how I stopped being scared.

People would tell me not to worry because it wasn't real - which was balls. Because in my dream, that damn ape WAS real. No getting around it. Instead, I realised that no matter how scared I got, no matter how bad the dream felt - I always woke up the next day. And I realised that the sooner I went to bed, the sooner I'd wake up. I realised, that while I was scared, I wasn't in danger.

Even after this realisation, I still had the dream, and I still was scared a little about going to sleep - but I just had to accept it.

And I did.

Which is why I'm so well-adjusted and a symbol of worship on this site.

Also, does anyone else, when they dream, see the entire dream in the third person perspective? In fact - when I remember things, I always see it from a third person perspective - even though, I've never seen it from that point of view. Anyone else like this?

RedStarZero said:
Have any of you guys ever heard of sleep paralysis? Because I think a few of you may suffer from it. It's when (I believe) you go to sleep and skip all the normal early stages and go straight into REM. Then, if something startles you in your dreams or in real life, it jolts you out of sleep, but you are temporarily paralyzed. My cousin has it, and I can only imagine that it is pretty terrifying.
Yeah, I saw a special about that a while ago. People with extreme forms of the condition wake up and are paralyzed, but they're still half dreaming so they have these incredibly vivid experiences. What people see depends on their fears. Many people say that supposed alien abductions are really just people with sleep paralysis. Religious people tend to see demons and flames. Some people just see hooded figures and whatnot. And they can't move through the whole thing, but they describe being lifted from their bed or dragged around their house. It sounds absolutely terrible.
Hellsbuttmonkey said:
On the subject of more 'normal' weird dreams I used to work in MacDonalds (shoot me now) and i dreamed that I was back there, apart from all of my university friends were the employees, and the building that maccyD's was in was the Triskelion....
Awesome.
ultimatedjf said:
Sometimes I used to wake up in the middle of the night, and I wouldn't be able to bend my fingers and I would just rub my numb hand against my pillowcase, and then a minute later everything would be fine again.
That's happened to me a lot. But I'm pretty sure that its just my hand asleep though, like when your foot falls asleep.

Nurhachi said:
.....would you be angry if i said this made me laugh?

No...it cracks my wife and i up. :D

Bass said:
You should tell him this story about Uncle Bass.

Yikes - I don't see that helping anything. :shock:

moonmaster said:
That's happened to me a lot. But I'm pretty sure that its just my hand asleep though, like when your foot falls asleep.

Whew.

Anyway, I had this weird dream where Abe Vigoda kept trying to speak, but everytime he opened his mouth, all this old people drool would start spilling out.

Actually when your hand or whatever is numb, it's probably simply because the way you've been sleeping has cut off the blood supply to the hand or limb.

Bass said:
Actually when your hand or whatever is numb, it's probably simply because the way you've been sleeping has cut off the blood supply to the hand or limb.
When its down to the elbow its fun! Your arm just flops around like you're dead!

Bass said:

When that happens I just rub one out...............I call it "The Stranger". :lol:

:oops:

Baxter said:
When its down to the elbow its fun! Your arm just flops around like you're dead!

Yeah I don't like that....I tend to panic when I can't control my limbs.

Last edited:
RedStarZero said:
The one that didn't happen (yet, and never, I hope) was that I got a phone call from my mom, saying that they just announced on television that some country had just released a bomb that was headed over the northeastern coast of the U.S., and that there was nothing that could be done to stop it. If that one ever happens... can't say I didn't warn you.

funny/scary, i dreamt that the US got nuked and the date was 2007... i hate that dream, and i pray that it will never happen.

Victor Von Doom said:
When that happens I just rub one out...............I call it "The Stranger". :lol:

:oops:

"The Stranger"?!

Dude. It's sex with someone you love.

'Cept in my case.

I'm an *******.

Bass said:
"The Stranger"?!

Dude. It's sex with someone you love.

'Cept in my case.

I'm an *******.
Let me take a stab in the dark here, you don't get the movie reference?

"The Stranger" is when your arm goes numb and you masturbate, because it feels like someone else is jerking you off.

I said it shouldn't be called the stranger as masturbation is sex with someone you love (I think that was Woody Allen) then pointed out that's not true in my case because I don't like myself.

Reminds me of that great line -

"This room has been kept the same for 22 years, ever since Mrs Twain murdered herself."
"You mean she committed suicide?"
"Oh, it was murder alright. Mrs Twain hated herself."

Bass said:
"The Stranger" is when your arm goes numb and you masturbate, because it feels like someone else is jerking you off.

I said it shouldn't be called the stranger as masturbation is sex with someone you love (I think that was Woody Allen) then pointed out that's not true in my case because I don't like myself.
Well then considered it roleplaying with your hand

Bass said:
Really? I think its space krystals invading my aura-sphere through the subconscious channels that open to the Outer REALM in my mind while I sleep. And I must be right.

Because you're retarded.

And I'm not.

Latest posts

Back