What Do you Read

Right now I'm reading The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon because the Escapist character interests me and I came across this book completely at random. It's also inspired me to learn how to lock pick.

After that I plan to read either The Lost World by Michael Crichton or Mortal Engines by Phillip Reeve.

Right now I'm reading The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon because the Escapist character interests me and I came across this book completely at random. It's also inspired me to learn how to lock pick.

I was gonna get that a while ago. But I didn't. Yeah.

Just read A Walk In The Woods by Bill Bryson, and am currently working my way through Neither Here Nor There; Travels Through Europe, which regularly has me in stitches.

I'm going to start reading Carlos Castaneda soon, starting with A Yaqui Way Of Knowledge.

A good hack and slash fantasy epic adventure, read the Book of Swords by Fred Saberhagen.

A three volume series, the first covers how the swords were made, and how they undo the Gods themselves.

People start believing in these magical swords more than they actually believe in the gods, which leads to the God's destruction.

A fun quick read series

Mortal Engines by Phillip Reeve.

Mortal engines is a good one, along with its sequels. Supposedly there will be a fourth.

I recently read the sequels to the book Montmorency. It's pretty good, with the whole thief during Victorian era. Think Sherlock Holmes and Oliver Twist with a darker side.

And the newest Artemis Fowl: The Lost Colony. It's ok, but nothing like the first one.

i am waiting for the next Pendragon though.

I just finished Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman, it was a pretty decent, quick, fun read. Now I just started American Gods, which has been good so far except for one scene, which seemed kind of gratuitous.

I have lots of books to read, but I can't be bothered reading them. :(

I just finished Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman, it was a pretty decent, quick, fun read. Now I just started American Gods, which has been good so far except for one scene, which seemed kind of gratuitous.

It gets more extreme

.....Wonderful.

It doesn't even make sense in the context of the story. The chapter in question could have been cut out with, as far as I saw, no ill effect on the book at all. If the characters had been revisited at some point I'd have understood it but they're both just dropped after that. :(

I need to get me some new books. Hopefuly I'll get a nice Barnes and Nobel gift card from someone and go get some.

It doesn't even make sense in the context of the story. The chapter in question could have been cut out with, as far as I saw, no ill effect on the book at all. If the characters had been revisited at some point I'd have understood it but they're both just dropped after that. :(

I need to get me some new books. Hopefuly I'll get a nice Barnes and Nobel gift card from someone and go get some.

The point of it was just to show that Gods still need to depend on humans to believe in them

I liked the bit with the ifrit, but that's me, then, isn't it...

I'm reading "Chuck Klosterman IV" by Chuck Klosterman. 'sgood.

I'm 100 pages into Peter David's new novelization of Spider-Man 3.

I know some of you have read them already, but for those who haven't, you really should. His novelizations are just amazing. They add so much depth and insight into all of the characters and everything hat's going on in the film that I really don't consider any of the three Spider-Man movies to be complete without them.

They also tie in a good deal of the film's moments into famous scenes from the comics. For example, he uses Peter's famous dialouge from the scene where he's holding up the collapsing bricks and pipes after foiling the Master Planner's scheme as a barrage of thoughts during the climax of Spider-Man 2 when he's holding up the entire wall of the warehouse. It worked just superbly, and I think about that everytime I see that part of the film.

Seriously, if you're at all a fan of the films, you should read all three of these.

Last edited:
I'm 100 pages into Peter David's new novelization of Spider-Man 3.

I know some of you have read them already, but for those who haven't, you really should. His novelizations are just amazing. They add so much depth and insight into all of the characters and everything hat's going on in the film that I really don't consider any of the three Spider-Man movies to be complete without them.

They also tie in a good deal of the film's moments into famous scenes from the comics. For example, he uses Peter's famous dialouge from the scene where he's holding up the collapsing bricks and pipes after foiling the Master Planner's scheme as a barrage of thoughts during the climax of Spider-Man 2 when he's holding up the entire wall of the warehouse. It worked just superbly, and I think about that everytime I see that part of the film.

Seriously, if you're at all a fan of the films, you should read all three of these.

I've read 2 & 3 and am pondering reading 1. It was interesting to read his Sandman arc in FNSM as I read the third one. Good timing, I would say.

Currently reading
  • Sandman Book of Dreams [various] (which I keeep getting stuck in)
  • The Colour of Magic [Pratchett] (which I need to just take the time to finish)
  • JOB-A Comedy of Justice [Heinlein] (which is the main book)
  • Dark Tower [King] (which I recently finished)

Both good books. (For the most part.)

I've read 2 & 3 and am pondering reading 1.

1 is excellent. The best thing about it is something he added where Peter, age 5, immeadiately after the death of his parents and the first day with Uncle Ben and Aunt May, gets a journal from Uncle Ben(one of the best scenes in the whole book) that he writes to his parents in. This shows up throughout the whole novel as an inner narrative, and really adds a whole new level to the story.

The early Discworlds are a bit rough. I'd recommend picking up Mort of you haven't read it. Thats where they really take off.

Yeah, Colour of Magic and Light Fantastic both took me, literally, years to get through. Equal Rites I read in two days, however.

I recently finished Make Love! The Bruce Campbell Way it was pretty funny, and I am currently in the middle of A Confederacy of Dunces which is one of the most funny books that I have read in a while.

Latest posts

Back