What Do you Read

The more I hear of this character/series, the more I like. Funnily enough, I just noticed they're adapting a movie out of it right now.
I'm actually surprised this film isn't really receiving much in the way of hype considering that it's lead is a mid-profile TV star and it's based on the work of a writer who you can append to the promos ("From the creative genius of Robert Howard!!!" even if most people don't remember him by name).

I went to the library this week and picked up Slaughterhouse-Five on a whim. I started reading it right away. I've been meaning to read it forever, and since I always say I'm going to read a bunch of books over the summer and never do it, I figured it would be a good idea to force myself. I'll post my thoughts when I'm done.

I also took out I Am America (And So Can You!) and the giant Beatles Anthology book. I have yet to read either but I've flipped through them both.

You lived on Tralfamedore?

Awesome.

Last edited:
I read Rich Dad Poor Dad while on vacation. Its changed how I look at money, especially the asset/liability concepts.

Holy ****! That sounds like a kickass vacation!

I'm reading William Blake. He's nuts.

Its a short book. The rest of the trip was spent playing cards and carousing with the insane in Hollywood.

FYI: The Egyptian theater is so much better looking than the Chinese.

I recently just started a classic. You might of all heard of it. Romeo and Juliet. It's for english, but it's still a good read.

Ive got to get out to the old oak tree soon and catch up on my reading. I think im going to start "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, THe witch, and the wardrobe" Before I see the movie.

Never heard of it. What's it about?

Two teenagers think eachother are hot and come up with a complex scheme to quickly get married so they can have sex, then (hilariously) realize they have nothing in common as soon as they have their first conversation and are so devasted they kill themselves.

It's one of those artsy black-comedy sort of things but most of the jokes are really dated or just too artsily put to work.

Last edited:
Currently working my way through a five-volume collection of Philip K Dick's entire set of short stories. Each one blows my mind just a little bit. Such a great author. And I'll say it myself before anyone wittily interjects; yes, I love Dick.

On top of that, I just started The Count Of Monte Cristo but hit something of a brick wall about 100 pages in when all the aristocratic types start talking politics of the time. I failed History and I abhor politics. Urk. Will finish it though.

Currently working my way through a five-volume collection of Philip K Dick's entire set of short stories. Each one blows my mind just a little bit. Such a great author. And I'll say it myself before anyone wittily interjects; yes, I love Dick.

I MUST GET THIS.

*makes mental note for birthday list*

On top of that, I just started The Count Of Monte Cristo but hit something of a brick wall about 100 pages in when all the aristocratic types start talking politics of the time. I failed History and I abhor politics. Urk. Will finish it though.

My 15-year-old sister's favourite book. She has read it twice.

Latest posts

Back