• Ultimates

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Ultimate Fantastic 4

Votes: 21 13.7%
  • Ultimate Galactus

Votes: 20 13.1%
  • Ultimate Iron Man

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • A series that has already ended (explain)

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I read all Ultimate books

Votes: 77 50.3%

• Total voters
Doc Comic said:
Your logic is flawed. Everybody knows that girls don't read comics.

Um Hello! Female here. And I absolutlely love Ultimates, Scarlet Witch in particular, so how about next time, before your go on about spouting your mouth when it comes to females and comics, perhaps you should ask around.

Anyways, I began to read with Ultimate X-Men, and picked up Ultimates: Homeland Security because Scarlet Witch was in it (and was severely dissapointed how little panel time she got). However it was a good story, so I got Super Human as well, and I am absolutely dying about Gods and Monsters and (what's the new one called?). Something America, I know that. Anyways, somewhere between the lack of X-Men and Ultimates 1 and 2 I began to fill my time by buying the others (i.e. Spider-Man, Fantastic 4, etc.). I have pretty much enjoyed them for the most part.

UltimateScarletWitch said:
Um Hello! Female here. And I absolutlely love Ultimates, Scarlet Witch in particular, so how about next time, before your go on about spouting your mouth when it comes to females and comics, perhaps you should ask around.

Guys (and girls) - I'm *pretty* sure Doc was joking.

UltimateScarletWitch said:
(what's the new one called?). Something America, I know that.

Grand Theft America. :)

Doc Comic said:
So you pretty much don't read Ultimate yet you come to an Ultimate website. Amazing.

That, or you're a Millar fanboy.

As Ultimate E pointed out, if one were to call me a fan"something" it'd have to be fangirl. Except I'm a little old for the "girl" part, but we'll let that pass.

What I like about Ultimates is that this second volume is more of a mystery/thriller/political drama than a straight-up "superhero" comic. V1 was much more "standard" and I liked it far less. I first came across Millar's writing in The Authority, and I found his run interesting but too far over the top (which is the POINT of The Authority, but we'll let that pass, too). I wouldn't consider myself a Millar fangirl, as I don't read any of his other stuff (including UFF). A Hitch fangirl, maybe, since I own 2 Hitch pages from Ultimates. Ultimates V2 just skates that "over the top" line, coming close to the edge but never quite falling over. A little more pointed real-world politics or a little more carnage and I'd shake my head and be off, but it's always stopped just short of that (imaginary) line. Millar's strength in this is his ability to write a story with an epic feel and his weakness is dialog and depth of characterization.

I have the same feeling about the 616 universe as I do the Ultimate U - I don't read all of it, more around the edges. Captain America, Iron Man, Young Avengers, New Thunderbolts, Runaways, Deadpool and Some Other Guy. I read what appeals to me and skip the rest. "Superhero" comics aren't the majority of my comics pull-list.

There are a number of people I like quite well on this site, and I read the Ultimates section, the News sections, the General Comics section and occasionally the Lounge. We've had some fun and amusing discussions about where the titles are going and what's happening, even though my opinion is often not what anyone's else's is.

Rhyo said:
There are a number of people I like quite well on this site, and I read the Ultimates section, the News sections, the General Comics section and occasionally the Lounge. We've had some fun and amusing discussions about where the titles are going and what's happening, even though my opinion is often not what anyone's else's is.

Thats for sure, I mean who likes the Ultimates? What a crap-fest that title is. Millar must have his head so far up his own *** he's smelling his own breath to write tripe like this. I mean, seriously, like a guy could survive being frozen in a block of ice for 60 years...I mean come on people, get real! And don't even get me started on Thor. God...yeah right. The best part of the entire run was when Hawkeye's lame *** was offed by the supposed "traitor", who in reality is doing us all a favor by taking out the team. Sorry, the book is utter crap. Go read something worthwhile, like Ultimate Iron Man.

-This post is courtesy of Bizarro DIrishB

Doc Comic said:
Your logic is flawed. Everybody knows that girls don't read comics.

:lol:

It's even funnier because you made some people bite.

Me? I read everything Ultimate. EVERYTHING! But it's not too expensive because aside from Nodwick these are the only monthly comics I buy.

Rhyo said:
We've had some fun and amusing discussions about where the titles are going and what's happening, even though my opinion is often not what anyone's else's is.
I know the feeling. I can't tell if it's due to an age difference, a gender difference, or something else. Doesn't matter, I guess....

I voted for "All" Ultimate titles. I may not have read everything Ultimate Marvel yet, but I plan to as soon as I can get them in trades. The only thing I pick up in singles is Ultimates 2, and that may not last much longer. I've read all the U Marvel Team-Ups, Ultimate Adventures (all one volume of it), USM, UXM, UFF, Ultimate Galactus Volume 1, Ultimate Daredevil and/or Elektra, and will read Ultimate Iron Man as soon as I can get my hands on it in some form. Heaven help me if I actually like UIM, as I will then have to choose between lying and saying I don't, or being told never to post on this site again. :wink: Or perhaps I'll be banished to Jinxworld.... :lol:

Seldes Katne said:
Heaven help me if I actually like UIM, as I will then have to choose between lying and saying I don't, or being told never to post on this site again. :wink: Or perhaps I'll be banished to Jinxworld.... :lol:

Nah, we'd never do that. There are like 2 people here that like it, and we let them live. :wink:

I shudder to think what this site would be like without the likes of Rhyo and Seldes to keep the likes of Irish in check.

UltimateE said:
Nah, we'd never do that. There are like 2 people here that like it, and we let them live. :wink:

I shudder to think what this site would be like without the likes of Rhyo and Seldes to keep the likes of Irish in check.

(looks over at Seldes)

Do we even attempt to keep Irish in check? No? I didn't think so, either.

Last edited:
Rhyo said:

Maybe not on purpose...

Ultimates and Ultimate Iron Man. Because I do subscriptions the Ultimates aren't really reliable schedule-wise and Ultimate Iron Man doesn't appeal to me. :). So, yeah, there you have it...

i don't like UXM, but i will pick up the HC when i feel like it (maybe when and if i become a Diamond parter)....but i do have number ???35,36,37???, the ones where it has spidy, and DD...

I read them all, i don't really like Ultimate Iron man....... but then i also didn't like the ultimate daredevil and elektra, because the daredevil in ultimate Spider-man and x-men is this dark angry guy, while the guy in ultimate dd and elektra is pretty much like a kiddy version of daredevil.........

Shihad said:
but then i also didn't like the ultimate daredevil and elektra, because the daredevil in ultimate Spider-man and x-men is this dark angry guy, while the guy in ultimate dd and elektra is pretty much like a kiddy version of daredevil.........
"The young are reckless."

I get all of the singles (Including $&$^@&* UIM), then I sell the singles and pick up the HCs for re-reading, with the exception of minis that don't come in HCs (Like Ultimate DD and Elektra, Ultimate Elektra and Ultimate Adventures .I've since replaced these with the Trades), or singles that haven't come out in HCs or TPBs yet (Like UXM 1/2).

So far, I have every single Ultimate story and I don't plan to stop anytime soon. I'm an Ultimate Junkie. :D

I read 'em all because I'm a completist, but UIM is seriously challenging that habit. I'm thinking about not getting future miniseries except in trades. I already tried it with the regular series a few months ago (dropping around Ultimate Starts or something like that), but I just couldn't keep away. Minis may be easier to forgo, I think.

E.Vi.L. said:

It's even funnier because you made some people bite.

Me? I read everything Ultimate. EVERYTHING! But it's not too expensive because aside from Nodwick these are the only monthly comics I buy.

I'm the same way, just with The Walking Dead taking the place of your Nodwick.

UltimateE said:
Nah, we'd never do that. There are like 2 people here that like it, and we let them live.

Rhyo said:
(looks over at Seldes)

UltimateE said:
Maybe not on purpose...

Good times...good times. Group hug!!!

Shihad said:
I read them all, i don't really like Ultimate Iron man....... but then i also didn't like the ultimate daredevil and elektra, because the daredevil in ultimate Spider-man and x-men is this dark angry guy, while the guy in ultimate dd and elektra is pretty much like a kiddy version of daredevil.........

But that makes sense seeing as how the DD in the UDD&E minis is probably almost ten years younger than the one in USM and UXM, much more naive and less mature. It makes sense on that note.

Latest posts

Back