• Ultimates

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Ultimate Fantastic 4

Votes: 21 13.7%
  • Ultimate Galactus

Votes: 20 13.1%
  • Ultimate Iron Man

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • A series that has already ended (explain)

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I read all Ultimate books

Votes: 77 50.3%

• Total voters
I actually try to read all of them in some form or another, whether from borrowing, scans or personal purchases. But I answered with USM and UXM because they tend to be of a lower priority.

I collect Ultimates and Ultimate Fantastic Four, make it a point to follow Ultimate Galactus via scans and read UIM scans because I am a sick bastard who wastes his time.

I suppose I technically read it because I pick up the HCs when they come out, but I don't go out of my way to seek out the Ultimate Fantastic Four stuff. Actually, I don't buy comics for anything but U2 and UN/US/UE, preferring the hardcovers, but I never bought UFF even when I bought comics by the issue.

I'd have to say Ultimate Spider-Man is the best book in the Ultimate's line. I love Bagley's art, he's perfected Spider-Man. And I love Bendis' writing, he's a genius.

plastikpulse said:
I'd have to say Ultimate Spider-Man is the best book in the Ultimate's line. I love Bagley's art, he's perfected Spider-Man. And I love Bendis' writing, he's a genius.
I find it interesting how the word genius has become a relative term of recent years. I heard Pete Waterman call Michael Jackson a genius the other day.

And perfection means that something cannot be bettered? I think that's pretty far off the mark too.

plastikpulse said:

Welcome.

The question here is which books do you NOT read....

The question here is which books do you NOT read....
well i'm pretty sure i've said that i only read USM now & get the others in trade if i have the money later, but only if i have some money leftover from everything else i buy a month

Zp1d3r_W3I3_L337 said:
well i'm pretty sure i've said that i only read USM now & get the others in trade if i have the money later, but only if i have some money leftover from everything else i buy a month

Just a reminder that we're not talking about just issues. If you wait for the trade, you are still reading the book. Which books do we avoid completely?

I used to not read Ultimate X-Men. I loved Adam Kubert's art in the first several story arches, but I just can't take Mark Millar's writing, it just infuriates me. So I dropped that. I pretty much don't read most of the Ultimate stuff. I've never been a huge Avengers fan so Ultimates wasn't interesting to me (plus it had Millar writing). FF never intrigued me, nor did Iron Man. How can we have long discussions about stuff we don't read?

plastikpulse said:
How can we have long discussions about stuff we don't read?

Er...it's a poll. Up at the top of the thread. You can vote, and if you don't have anything more to say you don't have to post.

Zp1d3r_W3I3_L337 said:
it's not coming up on mine :-\
i do remember voting on it though, that was why i was asking to see if it was from this thread

If you already voted then the poll options wouldn't show up, but the results would.

Ff

Man, I stopped collecting UFF and I think I regret it bc from the looks of it... that book just looks sweet...it kind of had a fallout point where the stories were really lame(the mad thinker, etc.) tell me, hows it doin'?:D

Re: Ff

Latari'sFighter said:
Man, I stopped collecting UFF and I think I regret it bc from the looks of it... that book just looks sweet...it kind of had a fallout point where the stories were really lame(the mad thinker, etc.) tell me, hows it doin'?:D

Well, it's pretty good. Millar's really proving they're the Fantastic Four.

I dropped Ultimate X-Men after Brian Michael Bendis and David Finch ended their run, and haven't found Brian K. Vaughan's run all that interesting and the artwork as well...I may return with Robert Kirkman as the new writer, but I'm not a big fan of the art so we'll see.

Phoenix said:
I dropped Ultimate X-Men after Brian Michael Bendis and David Finch ended their run, and haven't found Brian K. Vaughan's run all that interesting and the artwork as well...I may return with Robert Kirkman as the new writer, but I'm not a big fan of the art so we'll see.
:shock:

HEART....ATTACK....

What exactly dont you find interesting about Vaughan? He's been the best writer this book has had. Gives the perfect amount of "screen time". His stories have been really fun to read, plus are amazing with the plot twists he planted perfectly. He's been doing a good job with the title, and the last arc has been his best work yet.

Oh yes, WELCOME. :D

icemastertron said:
What exactly dont you find interesting about Vaughan? He's been the best writer this book has had. Gives the perfect amount of "screen time". His stories have been really fun to read, plus are amazing with the plot twists he planted perfectly. He's been doing a good job with the title, and the last arc has been his best work yet.
I completely agree. And :rockon::rockon::rockon: Welcome Phoenix!!!:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back