• Ultimates

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Ultimate Fantastic 4

Votes: 21 13.7%
  • Ultimate Galactus

Votes: 20 13.1%
  • Ultimate Iron Man

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • A series that has already ended (explain)

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I read all Ultimate books

Votes: 77 50.3%

• Total voters

E

Excelsior Club
Given the nature of the Ultimate universe, both in the reasons it was created and how different books interact with each other, I'm interested in knowing which Ultimate books you don't read, and why.

We're talking about books you don't read at all, whether in issues or trade (even if the trade isn't out yet). Vote, then post and explain.

(This is only for titles going at the time of this poll)

Ultimate X-Men. I don't know why, but I just could never get into it. This goes for all X-titles too. I just never got into mutants because I felt the origin was a copout.

I read them all.......... I did drop Ultimate Spider-man for awhile but picked it back up when the carnage arc started and haven't dropped it since.. Besides that all the books seem to be doing good

Doc Comic said:
Ultimate X-Men. I don't know why, but I just could never get into it. This goes for all X-titles too. I just never got into mutants because I felt the origin was a copout.

Make sure you vote - you replied before the poll was added.

Dropped USM during hobgoblin arc. I might pick up the warriors TPB if thats sucks im dropping it for good.

I get everything in trade. And download some stuff if I HAVE to read them, and can't be bothered buying the trade. E.g. Ultimate Iron Man, Ultimate Adventures...

I voted that I read everything.

Doc Comic said:

Yeah, Kinda like Superman's right? He was born with the ability to absorb sunlight and have it turn himself into a super-tanker of a super hero, right?

I read 'em all, even if I don't like it. I'll read it for continuity perposes, which, I know isn't perfect.

You mean there are Ultimate Universe titles other than Ultimates? Huh.

THE BEST:

ULTIMATES - without fail.
Ultimate Nightmare read it in trade. It was.. okay. Good concept, ehhh execution.
Ultimate Secret - in monthly issues (because I forgot to take it off my pull list)
Ultimate Galactus - depends on how it's going whether I pick it up in trade or singles.

THE REST:

Ultimate Iron Man - I stopped when the plot holes made me swear constantly. Can't remember if that was issue #2 or #3.

Ultimate Six - in download. No way would I pay actual money for that.

Ultimate Adventures - see Marvel attempt to do Ultimate Watchman for semi-kids. Ack. Also read in download.

Ultimate Fantastic Four - I've read some of it in trade, though I've missed some, too. I like the concept behind UFF, though, and I like the young Reed and an actually smart (!!!) Sue, but it's very uneven. I read the first Millar issue and I can't stand Greg Land's art and I thought the zombie thing was eye-roll worthy. Not sure if I'll pick up the trade or not.

Ultimate Team-Up - I've read a few of these (mostly with Fury or Black Widow) and I'm underwhelmed. The characterizations seem all over the map. Give me Millar's version of the Ultimates characters.

Ultimate Spider-Man - nope. Never. Not interested in Spider-Man and if I was, I wouldn't be interested in a Spider-Man written by Bendis.

Ultimate X-Men - I read the most recent issue. Nothing I saw there convinced me I should catch up, Vaughan or no Vaughan. With filler a filler arc from Kirkman and then the new writer coming up, my ambivalence knows no bounds...

Last edited:
icemastertron said:
I read everything. I just have to wait for the trade for USM.

When I can, I read USM in the stores.

I'm the same way. I used to collect only the trades, but about a year and a half ago started picking up everything in individual issues to stay current with the timeline updates. I read every Ultimate title there is, though some are no doubt better than others. But seeing as how the Ultimate books tend to be the only comics I buy, I can afford to be less discriminatory in my choices, and thus fulfilling my completist nature.

I dont get Ultimate Iron Man. I would if i was a completionist, but im not. The reason im not is because if i was id have to buy those damn evil Ultimate Marvel Team Up issues

Rhyo said:
You mean there are Ultimate Universe titles other than Ultimates? Huh.

THE BEST:

ULTIMATES - without fail.
Ultimate Nightmare read it in trade. It was.. okay. Good concept, ehhh execution.
Ultimate Secret - in monthly issues (because I forgot to take it off my pull list)
Ultimate Galactus - depends on how it's going whether I pick it up in trade or singles.

THE REST:

Ultimate Iron Man - I stopped when the plot holes made me swear constantly. Can't remember if that was issue #2 or #3.

Ultimate Six - in download. No way would I pay actual money for that.

Ultimate Adventures - see Marvel attempt to do Ultimate Watchman for semi-kids. Ack. Also read in download.

Ultimate Fantastic Four - I've read some of it in trade, though I've missed some, too. I like the concept behind UFF, though, and I like the young Reed and an actually smart (!!!) Sue, but it's very uneven. I read the first Millar issue and I can't stand Greg Land's art and I thought the zombie thing was eye-roll worthy. Not sure if I'll pick up the trade or not.

Ultimate Team-Up - I've read a few of these (mostly with Fury or Black Widow) and I'm underwhelmed. The characterizations seem all over the map. Give me Millar's version of the Ultimates characters.

Ultimate Spider-Man - nope. Never. Not interested in Spider-Man and if I was, I wouldn't be interested in a Spider-Man written by Bendis.

Ultimate X-Men - I read the most recent issue. Nothing I saw there convinced me I should catch up, Vaughan or no Vaughan. With filler a filler arc from Kirkman and then the new writer coming up, my ambivalence knows no bounds...

So you pretty much don't read Ultimate yet you come to an Ultimate website. Amazing.

That, or you're a Millar fanboy.

Doc Comic said:
So you pretty much don't read Ultimate yet you come to an Ultimate website. Amazing.

That, or you're a Millar fanboy.

Or a Millar fangirl...

There are a pretty significant number of people who come to this site only because of Ultimates.

I read everything, mostly for completism and continuity purposes.

Hell, I even enjoyed Ultimate Adventures, a rather funny but flawed series. And who said this was Ultimate Watchmen? Eh? It's obviously a riff on Batman, but by ditching the tiresomely brooding personality of Wayne, they created a character in Hawk Owl that in my eyes is certainly worthy of future appearances and/or minis.

Fuzzy Birds said:
I read everything, mostly for completism and continuity purposes.

Hell, I even enjoyed Ultimate Adventures, a rather funny but flawed series. And who said this was Ultimate Watchmen? Eh? It's obviously a riff on Batman, but by ditching the tiresomely brooding personality of Wayne, they created a character in Hawk Owl that in my eyes is certainly worthy of future appearances and/or minis.

I agree completely. Its definitly a Batman parody/salute.

Latest posts

Back