What would make you more satisfied? (Ultimates #10 Cover Spoilers)

What would you rather: Stay within' The Ultimates or bring other titles into it?

• Have other titles characters and concepts affect the Ultimates

Votes: 26 60.5%
  • Keep it strictly in The Ultimates.

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
Guijllons said:
Who says?

And isn't that what the Ultimates are doing?
What's the traitor's purpose?

I know you think that this whole stepping in and taking away guns from countries that are irresponsible enough to actually use them is bullying. America does not go into countries without purpose and this is not a goddamn political arguement. We're talking about a comic book. But The Ultimates were built to protect the country. Whoever is trying to take them down isn't just doing it to take them down because they don't like what The Ultimates are doing. What's the point in that? They're doing it because, whether you like it or not, we have a villain vs. good guy scenerio here. We're talking about a comic book . And they have a to get rid of them for the sake of their own agendas.

TheManWithoutFear said:
What's the traitor's purpose?

I know you think that this whole stepping in and taking away guns from countries that are irresponsible enough to actually use them is bullying. America does not go into countries without purpose and this is not a goddamn political arguement. We're talking about a comic book. But The Ultimates were built to protect the country. Whoever is trying to take them down isn't just doing it to take them down because they don't like what The Ultimates are doing. What's the point in that? They're doing it because, whether you like it or not, we have a villain vs. good guy scenerio here. We're talking about a comic book . And they have a to get rid of them for the sake of their own agendas.
Yeah, erm, Millar is basing the acts of the Ultimates on reality. The Ultimates have crippled a country. One that you say is too irresponsible to have them, but so is the USA. The force with which the traitor is aligned is making a pre-emptive strike, just like the Ultimates did, and what America has been doing (so we're told).

So if we do have a villains vs good guy scenerio, who are the good guys again?

I voted for yes. It could be possible cause Millar as stated that he will use Doom in future issues of UFF and he can tried that into Ultimates or vice versa.

Depends on how big the story is.

Guijllons said:
Yeah, erm, Millar is basing the acts of the Ultimates on reality. The Ultimates have crippled a country. One that you say is too irresponsible to have them, but so is the USA. The force with which the traitor is aligned is making a pre-emptive strike, just like the Ultimates did, and what America has been doing (so we're told).

So if we do have a villains vs good guy scenerio, who are the good guys again?

The villains Guij, according to you. **** it I'm so done.

Why I think its Russia:
Russia, aside from the EU, is the only country in the real world with enough resources to create a super-soldier program. Though they are a far cry from the Cold War era Soviet-Union, the Russians do have several million soldiers(including troops) thousands of T-80 and T-90 tanks, thousands of advanced MiG jets equal to our own craft, and more nuclear weapons than we do. There are quite a few ex-KGB officers who run the goverment(Pres. Putin is one) who I am sure would love to see the United States have its *** kicked.
With a little tweaking, it could work. The only thing I see that would hold them back is being politically correct. The cover, with its hammer-and-sickle wielding supersoldier, and gigantic robots, has a very russian feel, and it just doesn't fit the chinese or koreans.
If its not Russia, than its Latveria. Its possible that some Soviet supersoldiers defected to Latveria after the war, I guess.

TheManWithoutFear said:
When did Millar say they would show up?

I haven't watched this a while, sorry for the late respons. He said that people would be happy to see that in ultimates 2, they would be able to see both spiderman and wolverine drawn by Hitch.

Latari'sFighter said:
what! Are You Serious. Tell Me Your Not Joking! I'm About To Pee My Pants! This Is The Greatest! Wow...what Issue!

I believe it's meant to happen in the end of Grand Theft America - in other words #10, #11 or #12. I'm guessing #12.

If at all. They may change it. Hitch seemed quite adamant that he doesn't like Spidey showing up in the Ultimates #2. We'll see. :?

Yes, by the end of Ultimates 2, we'll get to see the entire Ultimate Universe drawn by Hitch.

ProjectX2 said:
Yes, by the end of Ultimates 2, we'll get to see the entire Ultimate Universe drawn by Hitch.

I like it. I like it alot. Hey, I got my third thread ever closed. But I think all my threads have gotten closed. Anyway, I hope you dont have a problem with Hitch drawing the entire Ult. Universe, Project.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Sounds pretty cool. Though, Wolverine should be stuck in Mass.

I hope the flying guys eat him down to his bones.

I want to see the whole Ultimate Universe involved in this arc because this a "huge story" arc and to have the Triskolen and NYC destroyed affects 2/3 of the other titles directly.

No plot line, however, should go through any other comic and should be self contained in that sense.

Other plot lines leading up to Ultimates 2 should be continuity for the Ultimates though and is fair game for Millar to use and NO ONE should be disappointed at the use of continuity.

A Latverian villan would definetly make this more comic booky than it has been (but hey its a comic, look at that!), but I do not think its a direction Millar is going for. I think if handled well this would match the Unthinkable plot line in 616verse FF, which is a great read for Doom/FF lovers. Doom would certainly a power in the UU if he pulled this off!

On the note of "whose the real villan here?" and the "shades of grey", as with any situation there are two sides ultimately in the end. You decide what is wrong and right in that sense and if you feel that the Ultimates actions have been unforgivable and this invasion is a good thing, well then that is your opinion. In the end I agree with MWoF.

I don't know. If this turned out to be a HYDRA plan the whole time, I guess that would be the most disappointing thing for me. It would feel like a cop out with some super secret organization out of nowhere (really has there been any reference to it or possiblity for it before.

Latari'sFighter said:
I like it. I like it alot. Hey, I got my third thread ever closed. But I think all my threads have gotten closed. Anyway, I hope you dont have a problem with Hitch drawing the entire Ult. Universe, Project.

See... I'm not sure about this.

Hitch said in the back of the Ultimates hardcover that he didn't like the fact he put Spider-Man into #2. If you remember, Banner has a flashback for a panel to when he was Hulk (in Ultimate Marvel Team-Up) and fought Spider-Man. Hitch said he felt that was a mistake as it went outside the 'reality' (his word) of the book.

I find it odd that not only will he put Spidey into U2, but the Fantastic Four and the X-Men.

So... I don't know... We may do. We may not. Don't get your hopes too high. :?

Bass said:
Hitch said in the back of the Ultimates hardcover that he didn't like the fact he put Spider-Man into #2. If you remember, Banner has a flashback for a panel to when he was Hulk (in Ultimate Marvel Team-Up) and fought Spider-Man. Hitch said he felt that was a mistake as it went outside the 'reality' (his word) of the book.
Why does he think that? Curious.

Latest posts

Back