Whatsup with the hatin'

Synch

Whatsup with all the wolverine hating? How come people are always so venomous when they talk about wolverine. He's one of the best characters marvel or anybody ever came up with. So why do so many of yall' despise the dude?

Probably due to marvel's extreme overuse of the character. The same thing happened with Venom, for a while he had so many minis and guest apperances he might as well have had his own book. Marvel just needs to tone back wolvie's exposure a few notches.

well...

a lotta people do. I'm not sayin' i do because i only by books that i know will be good (y the last man, Exiles, Ult.XMEN&SPIDEY, and of course the occasional wolverine) but if i see he's in it i'll read it at the store. also there some kinda way that usually w/out wolvie alot of books would not be that good. he pulled x-men out of the fire a few years back with that weapon x story claremont and lee. and X-treme Xmen sucked because it had no wolvie x men need Logan like we need electricity they can live without him but u know why should they. i do think they are using him alot though

Synch said:
and he's better than DD. (I thought i'd add that for spice)

Oh, now you've done it... (waits for MwoF) :scared:

I like him ,but by Rucka.
I mean he's a hunter, he thinks ( at least in Rucka's arc check out the first one).
Rucka was good not great bu still higher then most of his million guest apperances.
And Wolvie by Miller (the 1st mini) was cool.
And Origin was kinda cool.
And i will shadup now 'couse i just found out that W: The End came out in this month, and it's as weak as my grades :lol:

Ha!

That was funny. I really dig daredevil though. I generally just like grim characters that woop ass on the daily though. Punisher, Luke Cage, Ghost Rider (where did he go?) those guys get busy.

but people are always saying how wolverine is so invincible they hate it. He's really not. However someone who is invincible but well loved is

DUM

DUM

DUM

that's right Superman. (sigh) this guy is well overdue for some hate mail i think.

Boy does the depth, scope, and history of DD outshadow a canadian who made a mutant at the last minute because of editorial rumblings about a new X-Men series. Wolverine's had some good stories, but DD, I mean come on man!

Yea that wolverine...

End is crap. He's got a brother? Who beats him up to prove who he is? and... this is just garbage.

!!!BOO!!!

Please...

DD needs to stop leaning on that wack-ass electra crutch. He's not Bruce Wayne, time to move on.

What?

wolverine was made a mutant at the last minute. I thought he premiered in x-men or alpha flight (one or the other) as a mutant.

He premired in The Incredible hulk, and indeed was a mutant there, but it was a last minute desicion on the part of the writter. You see there were plans forming for a new X-Men book useing an international team, so Wien made Wolvie a mutant because he thought it would be cool for there to be a canadian X-Man. The Claws were originaly just knives that sprung out of his gloves, and he really didn't have any other powers.

humble beginnings

and now he's gotta be the most popular character in marvel right. so i'm definitely not mad at the guy for the last minute switch up.

I guess he hasnt. But I have to agree that he is a cool character is just that everybody and their mother in the comic book industry has used him so many freaking times. I bet you if DC could use him they would. But seriously Wolverine is getting tiring.

René said:
I guess he hasnt. But I have to agree that he is a cool character is just that everybody and their mother in the comic book industry has used him so many freaking times. I bet you if DC could use him they would. But seriously Wolverine is getting tiring.

They tried that. It was named Lobo and pretty much sucked. Hard.

Latest posts

Back