Which CGI Hulk is better?

Which CGI Hulk do you believe is better?

• Ang Lee's Hulk

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • Louis Letterier's Hulk

Votes: 33 66.0%
  • I don't know...I think both are cool.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I couldn't care less.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Which Hulk is better? It's the Jesus one.

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
This is a great topic to have its own poll!

Which Hulk do you like better? Ang Lee's or Louis Letterier's?

Lee's Hulk
HulkBettynight.jpg

VS

Letterier's Hulk
the-incredible-hulk-200803120442187.jpg

Last edited:
If it's not a good example then step-up and show some proof why. Gemini did and if that's not a "good example" I'd like to see why exactly.

Lee:
thehulk-hulk-choppers.jpg

hulk460.jpg

Letterier:
39922864.jpg

SNF13MOVG_682_506470a.jpg

You guys are telling me you think the second set looks more like a solid, living creature with real skin?

Edit: *************************! I clicked on Letterier's Hulk by accident! I definitely think Lee's Hulk looked better and my vote should say that. And we should probably make it clearer that this is about the Hulk CGI character himself and not the movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I already posted the other photos in the thread we were discussing this in, should we move them here?

Edit: *************************! I clicked on Letterier's Hulk by accident! I definitely think Lee's Hulk looked better and my vote should say that. And we should probably make it clearer that this is about the Hulk CGI character himself and not the movie.
I can fix the vote, but not your name, sorry.

And sure. You're more than welcome to re-post your posts over here if you so wish to.

And thanks about the CGI mention! Oops!!

EDIT:

Lee:

hulk460.jpg

Letterier:
39922864.jpg

SNF13MOVG_682_506470a.jpg

You guys are telling me you think the second set looks more like a solid, living creature with real skin?
Thanks for the photos. This makes it better to discuss about.

But I still think Louis' Hulk looks much better in every aspect.

I think one of the most convincing points for me is the green tone used for Louis' Hulk. It's makes his appearance much more believable to me.

Last edited:

vs

= Second looks more realistic

vs

= second looks more realistic

The new one clearly looks better. Yes the old one was impressive very impressive. But it's not as good as the new one. You can see that in my comparison and I looked for similar shots.

The old ones brightness for a start is a huge difference. It's the difference between Shreks skin and gollum's skin. That is first problem.

Detail is the second. Look at people like body builders. The bigger they get normally you can see veins. Logically hulk should have them. The new one has them. You can also realistically see the teeth on the new one each tooth looks slightly diffrent but the same like real teeth. The lee one they look too much the same.

The third is expression. The new one seems to show expression better. Lee one had Sad and anger that was it. New one shows sad , anger , determination when facing abomination , calmness when he was starting to relax. Fear when the lightning started he looked scared before he became angry.

Last edited by a moderator:
There you go, mole. All fixed.

And again, I totally agree with everything Mole says.

And yeah, I'm still scared about that. :shock:

:p

Thank you

and how many times you've said that, I'm starting to get the insane idea that you find it hard to believe I could be right or make sense.... Nah I'm just been crazy, I know you wouldn't think that :lol::shifty:

This is the equivilant of the beams crossing.

Last edited:
Letterier's Hulk for me

The Tone, the other one is way too bright

The Detail, you can see the grain of the muscles, you can see the veins, just better

The Build, Old Hulk's face looks like someone with downs syndrome, his whole body seems to be modelled off of a really strong child (which worked well in Lee's movie and it makes sense to a degree), but New Hulk has much better proportions, and he just looks more like the comic hulk, I especially like the way they did new Hulks hair

The Expressions, okay Old Hulk has new Hulk beat for the Sad-Face, but that's about it, new Hulk is a way more expressive character

IMHO New Hulk, is leaps and bounds better than Old Hulk, mainly because of all the little details they did right in the characters design, I'm not saying the Old-One looks like Shrek or anything, but it's just not as good

I think Lee's Hulk looks the most realistic. HOWEVER, I think Leterrier's fits the Hulk better.

You couldn't possibly get more realistic than Lee's Hulk, but Leterrier's Hulk has a better skin tone (not that I have a problem with skin tone....:shifty:) and fits a lot better with the Hulk. Also, Leterrier's Hulk is only about 8-10 feet tall, which is what the Hulk should be IMO.

A lot of the comments here seem directed at just how he looks in terms of coolness and comics-accuracy and all that. That's a different story, and I prefer Letterier's Hulk in those areas too. But in terms of just how much I believed the figure onscreen, whether or not he looked like a big baby, was made of flesh and bone and wasn't a video-game character, Lee's beats it by 3-mile leaps and bounds.

A lot of the comments here seem directed at just how he looks in terms of coolness and comics-accuracy and all that. That's a different story, and I prefer Letterier's Hulk in those areas too. But in terms of just how much I believed the figure onscreen, whether or not he looked like a big baby, was made of flesh and bone and wasn't a video-game character, Lee's beats it by 3-mile leaps and bounds.

Mine wasn't I even showed proof using pretty much the same shot from both films to compare it.

Let me put it from a different perspective:

This is t h e H u l k .
39922864.jpg

This is ****ing Godzilla.

WTF? i thought houde double posted. i don't like where this is going. OR DO I???

*contemplates jumping the wagon*
*fears of being a follower*
*to be continued*
*question mark*

anyway, it's all opinion regardless what anyone thinks, but new hulk looks cooler and way more fun. he's much more in line with the physique of a professional body builder and they have many veins, muscles, ripply's and such. I like the new hulk because he looks like the comic version. Old hulk looked like a huge emo mongoloid with a huge brightness and contrast compared to normal people. like he was so green that it could be speculated he was throwing off waves of radiation everywhere he went.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back