Which Comic Books Should Be Turned Into Movies?

I'm a grammar freak. I like to get freaky with grammar. Kinky stuff. Weird stuff. Butt stuff. [American Dad reference, please excuse me]

Last edited:
What's Mouse Guard?

Punisher MAX would be a sweet show on HBO. Like Sopranos, except a guy killing the Sopranos. Better yet, make it a comedy. Frank Castle kills mobsters. It's funny.

Hellblazer would be too expensive for a TV show. Then again, Afro Samurai is like a million dollars per episode.

Fables and Runaways would be very interesting.

Mouse Guard.

Oh yeah, I've heard of Mouse Guard. Well, I'd seen pictures of it, but I didn't know what it was called.

What comic book movies would you like to see made?

Since there is an explosion of comic book movies being made, I ask you what, comic book movies would you like to see made?

If you had complete control over what comic book title should be made into a movie, what you pick?

Feel free to add details on what plots you would like to see, which directors, actors, etc.

Last edited:
Re: What comic book movies would like to see made?

Ant-Man. Edgar Wright needs to get moving on this.

Last edited:

Supergirl (again)

Judge dredd vs Judge Death (but not connected to first movie)

Green Lantern, The Question, Dr. Strange, Aquaman (yes I said it), and a Justice League movie down the road when the time is right. Meaning they have made movies for all the main characters already.

I disagree with every movie suggested except for DK's choices. I really think there's nothing interesting they can do with Supergirl and it's just over-saturating the market. Yes, it has the potential to be quite good, but I really think WB should focus on making a truly excellent Superman trilogy before they focus on all of the spin-off potential. The same is true of a solo Robin, Nightwing or (sigh) Batgirl movie.

Right now, the big movies I want to see made are Green Lantern and the Flash with Hal Jordan and Wally West (taking over from the legendary Barry Allen), respectively.

Last edited:

I disagree with every movie suggested except for DK's choices. I really think there's nothing interesting they can do with Supergirl and it's just over-saturating the market. Yes, it has the potential to be quite good, but I really think WB should focus on making a truly excellent Superman trilogy before they focus on all of the spin-off potential. The same is true of a solo Robin, Nightwing or (sigh) Batgirl movie.

What's up with Judge dredd vs Judge Death?

What's up with Judge dredd vs Judge Death?

Missed that. Yeah, I guess that could be good. They would certainly have to go in an entirely different direction than the first movie and they'd need a director with far more knowledge and insight into the character and not just some Hollywood zombie who's read four issues of 2000AD.

Fantastic Four.

Like fantastic and stuff.

Missed that. Yeah, I guess that could be good. They would certainly have to go in an entirely different direction than the first movie and they'd need a director with far more knowledge and insight into the character and not just some Hollywood zombie who's read four issues of 2000AD.

agreed that's why my first one mentioned "but not connected to first movie" Hell even if they do it with out Judge death and leave him for later. I want a great close to the comics (2000ad NOT i repeat NOT the DC ones) Judge Dredd Movie as the 2000ad universe is complex and just awesome in almost every way.

It would also work well with current "let's do a dark comic book movie" rush that's sweeping hollywood as there have been a lot of dark Judge dredd stories. My favourite is still the Dark Judges and Judge death (before he was watered down)

Well, that's pretty narrow-minded of you, don't you think?

Well I think FF is a lot harder to make good for a general audience, specially the way you think it should be

Heroes for Hire
the Inhumans, or the Eternals
Annihilation
That rumoured Del Toro/Gaiman Doctor Strange movie
Silver Surfer: Requiem
The Irredeemable Ant-Man
NEXTWAVE!!!!

Latest posts

Back