Which icon should die --REALLY die?

Which Icon Should Die -- REALLY Die?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Their debuts revolutionized their respective eras, and they've been used and abused by countless creators. THIS IS NOT about whether All-Star Superman is better than Spider-Man: The Other. That's not much of a contest.​

THIS IS ABOUT EVERYTHING YOU KNOW ABOUT BOTH CHARACTERS, regardless of the universe or timeline or era or any alternative universe. There is no "neither" option, because that would be weaseling out. (You can use the Batman option as a neither, but remember: You're killing Batman).​

I'm only posting this poll because, after 3,467 years of continuity (even the non-continuity stuff is really in continuity) suddenly THEY ARE BOTH DYING in series that are running at the same time.

Ah, Nurhachi and his irrational hatred of DC.

It's like me with Bendis, only not as cool.

Whew. Thanks tech wizards for fixing this. Now I can happily lean back and watch the results roll in while people tell me this is a stupid poll. Man, this is the life!

The Overlord said:
Neither because they wouldn't stay dead.

In this poll, they will. That's the point. Time-Warner has spun off DC, and DC merges with Marvel, and their two lowest-selling books turn out to be Spiderman and Superman. (Ultimate Astro Boy is keeping them afloat).

You have to kill one book, one character. Who will it be?

Nurhachi said:
This poll is stupid. Superman obviously should have died decades ago

Good man.

Bass said:
Ah, Nurhachi and his irrational hatred of DC.

It's like me with Bendis, only not as cool.

Good man.

The Overlord said:
Neither because they wouldn't stay dead.

Good man.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Bass that Spider-Man is more likely to die because Supes is invulnerable, but in general the idea of Superman is waaaaaay outdated.

*ducks*

UltimateE said:
I agree with Bass that Spider-Man is more likely to die because Supes is invulnerable, but in general the idea of Superman is waaaaaay outdated.

*ducks*

Good man.

John Q. Public said:
In this poll, they will. That's the point. Time-Warner has spun off DC, and DC merges with Marvel, and their two lowest-selling books turn out to be Spiderman and Superman. (Ultimate Astro Boy is keeping them afloat).

You have to kill one book, one character. Who will it be?
Wow, I'll have to think about this one.

I don't really want a "death", more of an ending. After Spidey 3 makes its profit, give spidey an ending. Please, I'm actualy serious. Something that leaves all plotholes filled and all closets uncovered. Of course it would feature FACADE! [yep, just destroyed all crediblity]

Ultxon said:
I don't really want a "death", more of an ending. After Spidey 3 makes its profit, give spidey an ending. Please, I'm actualy serious. Something that leaves all plotholes filled and all closets uncovered. Of course it would feature FACADE! [yep, just destroyed all crediblity]

Yet...you killed Spidey! My god, the agony you must face...

Yet...you killed Spidey! My god, the agony you must face...

I'm only doing it metaphorically, you mortals with your guns and knives.

Last edited:
Ultxon said:
I'm only doing it metaphorically, you mortals with your guns and knifes.

Rationalize away. Radioactive spiderblood is on your hands. Aunt May sheds many bitter tears...

Bruce dying would shake things up a hell of a lot more, and I think he should become the next Spectre...

Then I'd want Dick and Jason Todd fight for the cape and the cowl (because the only way Dick would become Batman would be to protect the values that Bruce held and taught him)...

So yeah.

Superman dying wouldn't work. it's already happened, he can un-die.

Spiderman won't die.

Just, Period.

Ultxon said:
Wonderful... now I have metaphorical cancer. You suck.

You know? I'm going to do you a favor and write that last insult off to your latest labotomy. Now be a good boy and vote.

Well if we go by 1602 continuity Spider-Man gets executed by the government along with all the other superheroes as an old man. So going by main Marvel universe timing that's about when the sun burns itself out here in reality.

And as for DC, well Superman can be killed off in one age of comics but then he'll just come back when continuity (or rather the DC equivalent) reboots itself every 20 years.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back