Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Scarlet Witch

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Quicksilver

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Hank Pym (as whoever)

Votes: 19 32.2%

• Total voters
Okay, time to revisit this, as Millar has said there will be a "big death" in Ultimates.

So, what/who qualifies as a "big death"? Gotta be one of the originals, I'm thinking - Fury, Thor, Cap, Iron Man, Hulk, Wasp, Pym. Black Widow's already out of the picture and Hawkeye's already had the cliff-hanger "death" treatment, and I'm not sure I'd count Quicksilver or Scarlet Witch as a "major death." Don't think killing off a bad guy would count, either.

Fury - too important to the general Ultimate U to kill
Cap - we know he continues on
Hulk - ditto

That leaves Thor, Iron Man, Wasp or Pym. Thor and Iron Man seem like an awfully major characters to kill off. Wasp or Pym seem like the obvious choices - maybe too obvious. (Then again, Black Widow as the traitor seemed a bit too obvious, too).

Last edited:
leather_w0lf said:
Thor. He's been set up as a martyr from the beginning. And his death will tick all of us.
I thought he was confirmed for V3, but the artist might have just been showing off with his abilities when he sketched Thor.

MaxwellSmart said:
I thought he was confirmed for V3, but the artist might have just been showing off with his abilities when he sketched Thor.

I beleive just about everybody has been sketched by Joe Mad. I don't recall any glaring omissions.

Yeah, I think they might kill Pym in a redemption gig.

The character will be almost irrecuperable as a hero without some major sacrifice.

I something terrible is going to happen to Black Widow, if not death.

I still think my Pym death is the best death idea out there.

jtg3885 said:
Given that Millar said Hank Pym fans are gonna want to slit their wrists, I'll go with Pym.

He literrally said that?

If so, maybe Millar is being cute and Pym will slit his wrists, thus proving right whoever that guy was who said Pym would commit suicide. I could bother to check would said that, but I'm fairly certain it's a minor poster of no consequence, so meh.

im going to go with quicksilver i cant see anyone else dieing the other caracters are too important

E.Vi.L. said:
He literrally said that?

If so, maybe Millar is being cute and Pym will slit his wrists, thus proving right whoever that guy was who said Pym would commit suicide. I could bother to check would said that, but I'm fairly certain it's a minor poster of no consequence, so meh.
He said the fans are going to want to slit their wrists, so I'm assuming that Hank goes out in some sort of blaze of glory to protect the other members of the Ultimates from something. Or the Ultron robots, which he thought were programmed to still be loyal to him (note the smirk when he's asked about their capabilities in U2 #10), contain some override to keep them on the side of the Liberators and he gets killed trying to destroy his own creations?

Ultimate Houde said:
Who knows, maybe Pym is a plant just like Son of Satan

I thought about that too. But then again...if he was a plant---wouldn't he have known about the attack? And if so...why didn't he warn S.H.I.E.L.D? But in the other hand, he did say he wasn't aware anything this large was gonna happen.

My money is on Wasp for the shock factor. The "obvious" card was already played with Black Widow. I don't think Millar is gonna go to the well again for that with Pym. So yeah....kiss Janet goodbye.

Last edited:
I think it's going to be Pym.

Pym appears to have been cast in the "pretty teenager goes down to the cellar after hearing strange noises at the beginning of a horror film" role.

The script writes itself - shame, guilty, turns traitor, Thor turns out to be a real god, reassessment of life, honour and apple pie, sics the Ultrons on the Liberators and gets a punch up the conk by the Abomination, removing said conk, gasps out a final "I always loved you, Jan" and dies in Caps arms, giving 1940's man a nicely modern bit of emotional colonic irrigation into the bargain.

Then Iron Man appears in a repainted Optimus Prime outfit and blasts the bejeesus out of the Dynamo and his ED 209 clones.

Gad, its good to be alive :D

Latest posts

Back