Who is going to take over after Ellis?

Dark_Images

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Bendis return to Ultimatize some of the Four's greatest villains. I'm sure Bendis could even work in a plot where the Silver Surfer becomes cool again.

No one has given any clues yet, but Bendis said in the letters column of issue #6 that he wasn't through with Ultimate Fantastic Four.

Namor, Galactus... There are just so many... I can't seem to remember them right now, but... Uh, yeah, I don't know any at all!

What about Millar? Do you think he would come back to write the series again. I would like to see him back on UFF. See how that goes. Or maybe Vaughan would take over. That would be cool

What about Millar? Do you think he would come back to write the series again

Millar's actual involvement on UFF has been questioned, whether fairly or unfairly. I've read suggestions that he took part in some of the initial meetings for the book which provided general plot outlines, but not too much after that. Just what I heard; no idea how accurate that is. I think I remember Bendis saying that Millar said he felt bad for not being more involved, but I don't remember where he (Bendis) said that.

H emust have played some role in the scropting as there are just too many things that read as Millarisms for him to have done nothing.

H emust have played some role in the scropting as there are just too many things that read as Millarisms for him to have done nothing.

I agree - keep in mind I was just passing on chatter. I don't necessarily believe it.

So its safe to assume there still no mention as to who the next writer is?

I think Marvel knows who it is/might be.

I want neither of them back on uFF!
Vaughan would be cool, though.
I can certainly see him write Ultimate FF.

I'm not sure he can do much more than teens, do you? I mean, yes he can write adults, I'm sure of this, but do you think that he would be good for the FF? It's a very different book than what he is used to. I'm not sure what he would do...

I agree with GW. I also don't know how he can handle the sci-fi aspect of the book (althouh admittedly, i have only read a little of his work). Its just not something i can see him doing so well. I reckon leave him on UXM for as long as possible.

I'm not sure he can do much more than teens, do you? I mean, yes he can write adults, I'm sure of this, but do you think that he would be good for the FF?

The FF are not that far removed from teen-dom...

Right, but, besides Johnny, I don't think his style of writing would fit. It wouldn't be very fitting if Reed went from talking like a genious down to someone like a surfer. I'm not saying that Vaughan will make him sound like that, but I'm thinking that Vaughan couldn't write a good Reed only because he doesn't have the same head about him like Ellis does. Really, Ellis' ideal book is the UFF, I don't know why he's leaving.

Ellis' ideal book is the UFF, I don't know why he's leaving.

He'd rather do his own books. Can't say I blame him, really. He took these Marvel gigs in order to work with some new artists and get his name back out there (and UFF was a favor to Millar & Bendis).

Goodwill said:
I'm not sure he can do much more than teens, do you? I mean, yes he can write adults, I'm sure of this, but do you think that he would be good for the FF? It's a very different book than what he is used to. I'm not sure what he would do...

Ever read Y: The Last Man? It's full of Goverment conspirasy, secret agents, possibly magic (won't knowon that for a few months), and genetic tampering. And it's all beautifuly done by Vaughan. He could do UFF.

Goodwill is right - IF Vaughan were to try and write the same UFF that Ellis is writing. He wouldn't do that though; he'd have his own take. While I'm not sure I personally would want to see him on it, I don't really have any doubts he could do it and have it be, at the very least, readable.

Well, I'm saying the way that Reed is shaped, now, as a character, you can't have him forget to think and stuff for entertainment's sake. I'm nto saying this just about Vaughan, but about anyone that takes over... It will be rather difficult to fit in after Warren Ellis was on the title.

Latest posts

Back