Who should get the 5th Ultimate Ongoing Series? (Multiple Choice)

Who should get the 5th Ultimate Ongoing?

• Total voters
Zombipanda said:
My problem is, bringing in characters like Magneto and Captain America would work better as miniseries'. Both would reflect back on their main titles (X-Men or Ultimates) and that doesn't seem to stick to the Ultimates formula. They would be derivative. The purpose of introducing a new and long-standing episode to the Ultimate formula is to bnig a completely new element to the universe.

Yeah, but a little background info on those characters wouldn't hurt. Useless info or not, it'll be in the back of your mind while you're see these characters in the main titles. It develops character. You could even relate to a character or hate him more and it would make the main title that much better. In my opinion, I don't think characters like Nightcrawler, Colossus, Captain America or even most of the xmen get the props that they deserve just because their isn't enough light shining on them. Especially Colossus, he's got great potential to even take the spotlight away from Wolverine, but will he? Answer, no....because, again in my opinion, he doesn't get the recognition needed to legends of these type of characters. I mean he knocked the **** outta Magneto and he constantly gets blackballed. I think doing 10 page, 5-10 issue mini series on some noted characters wouldn't be a bad idea. It could be more like a bio. Then you'd actually be thinking about these characters while you're reading the main title. The only formula in the Ultimate universe is to loosen up restraints with characters that you wouldn't be able to get away with in 616. And at the same time the character wouldn't be ruined for hardcore fans because they could just fall back on the original.

I guess I wouldn't mind something along the lines of an Ultimate Strange Tales. My problem is with an ongoing that treads on ground already covered by other books.

I'd still prefer an ongoing that focuses on a completely new part of the Ultimate Universe. I think all the interesting background and side-stories can be covered via miniseries.

I voted Ultimate Venom

I dont like him as much as 616 venom but seeing as his story in game was pretty cool I think ultimate venom could kick ***.

Either Daredevil or Academy of Tomorrow. Daredevil is iffy because he's been handled so well lately in 616, I'm not sure it could be better or even close to that. I'd like to see Academy of Tomorrow, at least as a mini, to see if they could go and make a decent Havok and Polaris, instead of the messes that they are in 616 X-Men today.

I'd personally like the next series to be on a more cosmic scale. I'd like to know whats going on in the rest of the "universe" and not just earth. So I picked Marvehl....personally i'd rather see Ultimate Quasar...ah well

Jferriell said:
I'd personally like the next series to be on a more cosmic scale. I'd like to know whats going on in the rest of the "universe" and not just earth. So I picked Marvehl....personally i'd rather see Ultimate Quasar...ah well

Now that'd be pretty decent....

i voted for cap but then i realized i really just wanted to read a mini about WWII and Cap. so i'm saying Luke Cage. Definately someone that hasn't been explored greatly in the Ultimate Universe. or maybe an entirely original character that doesn't live in new york.

I vote for minis. But if anyone should get the 5th Ultimate Ongoing Series, it's Wolverine. He overshadows the X-Men, and he's an interesting character enough to get his own title. This way the X-Men gets to shine in the spotlight and Wolverine doesn't hog the covers and story.

I think an Ultimate Defenders would be cool too for comedy that is.

I don't think Ultimate Wolverine is that deserving in his own mini. I'd rather see a character we don't know that much about, like Moonknight, Captian Marvel, Daredevil, Doctor Strange, Punisher. Some one who hasn't had alot of attention and has alot of potiential. I just dont think theres enough for Wolverine

Random said:
I don't think Ultimate Wolverine is that deserving in his own mini. I'd rather see a character we don't know that much about, like Moonknight, Captian Marvel, Daredevil, Doctor Strange, Punisher. Some one who hasn't had alot of attention and has alot of potiential. I just dont think theres enough for Wolverine
See, even though there might not be enough for a Wolverine mini, that doesn't mean there can't be one. I'm not saying I want one or anything right now, just sayin'.

But I do agree that we should have minis on the "lesser" characters so we can know more about them and have them be real prominent characters in the UU.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't think Wolverine overshadows the UXM title.

I don't either. He's on too many covers, but that doesn't really mean anything.

I thought more of a two characters title
Ultimate Ghostrider/Dr. Strange :
I thought more of of occult Detective storys
with a good shot lovecraftian horror and black humor
ansd this idea.
ourchair said:
So what is it about goblins, wizards, and demon shamans that crosses the imaginary line of 'realistically fantastic' and 'overly outlandish'?
how do we define that line? And for that matter, how hard should it be enforced in proportion to the ends of the Ultimate Universe? Dr. Strange has great potential because it presents elements of the fantastic that are ultimately inexplicable.

Ultimate America is reacting to scientific mystery and post-human scare by attempting to create measures of defense and control. Ultimate Strange presents the possibility of seeing this fictional America react to the very things it cannot comprehend, that it cannot reasonably contain.

man that would be stuff

Random said:

I think so too....but the problem is that several of the main secondary characters have already been reintroduced...and nothing too different from their 616 counterpart. So they don't get a fresh chance at being new. They might've had a guest spot in USM or UFF or UXM....and stuck closely to their 616 look so they don't get to have a fresh look. Their origins could change...but after UIM...how much origin changing can the fans take?

Hellharlequin said:
I thought more of a two characters title
Ultimate Ghostrider/Dr. Strange :
I thought more of of occult Detective storys
with a good shot lovecraftian horror and black humor
ansd this idea.

man that would be stuff

That would be cool.

In fact, if you can quickly get past the idea of Ghost Rider as a detective and instead, he's a big heavy hitting bruiser demon bent on redemption that Strange uses - kinda like Angel I suppose - well... this series would be ****ing superb.

Welcome Hellharlequin! :D

An occult style Doctor Strange detective tale could be excellent. Everyone always plays him off as this huge cosmic power. But I think, done well, the story could play well to the street level characters of the Ultimate Universe. If he's dealing with cults and monsters on the fringe of popular society, he's going to be regularly digging into the seedier parts of the universe. This would allow Strange to interact with Ultimized version of characters like Blade, Shang-Chi, Moon Knight, and Ghost Rider in a way the other lines wouldn't, but it would also allow him to investigate the mystical elements of the universe that I think are currently lacking (and Man-Thing is in desperate need of some expansion). The Marvel Team-Up sort of personified him as this college burn-out type that gets thrust into the dark arts, and I think injecting this sort of personality into him would add some nice humor to what would otherwise be a dark comic. And if he's dealing with great, cosmic threats, then "Ultimate Strange Tales" would provide a chance to branch out with stories from other mystical characters, as the conflict is seen from various angles.

Maybe take the burn-out Strange one step further over the line. He's a media darling, and contrast that with his excursions into the seedy underbelly of the universe. Add in a nice dose of Burroughs/Thompson/Morrison trippiness and you're all set.

Christ. I have a half stock right now.

Latest posts

Back