Who should join the X-Men next?

Who should join the Ultimate X-Men next?

• Ultimate Jubilee

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Ultimate Wolfsbane

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Ultimate Psylocke

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Ultimate Bishop

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Ultimate Magma

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Ultimate Marrow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ultimate Multiple Man

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Ultimate Emma Frost/ any one of her students

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Some one who wasn't a mutant in 161, but should be in Ultimate Marvel

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • other/new for Ultimate X-Men

Votes: 8 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thirded, but I voted for one of Emma's students(Alex), but he comes across as a tool in UXM so far.

I always liked Jubilee.

But she's redundant at the moment. The X-Men always have the n00b girl character who's just joined: Shadowcat, Rogue (in the movies), Jubilee... since in UXM they're all still young, throwing Jubilee in their would just duplicate Shadowcat. Maybe later.

Bass said:
I always liked Jubilee.

But she's redundant at the moment. The X-Men always have the n00b girl character who's just joined: Shadowcat, Rogue (in the movies), Jubilee... since in UXM they're all still young, throwing Jubilee in their would just duplicate Shadowcat. Maybe later.
Same here on the choice.

And the explanation is perfect, too.

Johnny Bravo said:
Marrow's one of the kids Essex killed in The Tempest(i think) and time traveling characters are just a no-no.

That was Marrow!?

And Bishop isn't a time-travel character. Bush didn't want him on his New Mutants team because of his criminal record.

Well, if you want to get all techincal and stuff, no it wasn't marrow. No full name was given. It could have been another girl with the same powers and first name, because yes, there is that possibility. I mean, there's so many psychics around, for example.

Bass said:
I always liked Jubilee.

That's a good thought.

I think one of the perennial problems of the X-Men was that due to the ageless nature of Marvel continuity, we're never sure whether someone is supposed to be a n00b or not. I find it amazing that Jubilee and Shadowcat have gone from n00b to experienced to n00b at the convenience of whoever is writing them.

Your statement suggests the option of, under the fact that UXM has a very economically managed cast, introducing n00b characters constantly as each other character phases out of n00bdom. I'd really like to see Kitty grow up and STAY THERE for once as Jubilee or Magma or whoever comes in to replace her.

Also, since UXM pays more attention to the school aspect of the property more than the 616 did historically, you could always structure this around the freshmen, sophomore, junior, senior paradigm that Vaughan has made a point of emphasizing throughout his run.

Ultimate Warrior said:
It should be 616 right? Or am I missing something?

Yes 616, it was late when I posted the poll. Why? Do you think somebody should be a mutnat and join the X-Men? I placed this option up because characters like Juggernaut, Spiral, etc, weren't mutants in the 616 universe, but have changed into mutnats for the Ultimate Universe, because it just fits the plot better. Any other non-mutants that should be?

Latest posts

Back