Who will be the new 616 character to get the Ultimate treatment in the next 9 issues?

I thought there was a 616 Magician and it better not be the name of a new original ultimate character because... who the hell names a guy "THE MAGICIAN"?

There's some really old unimpressive Magician characters from the beginning of time but I don't think they'd even be worth bringing up without just changing them entirely.

Hum. I starting to hope that "The Magician" is the brand new original character from kirkman and that the ultimatized character is somebody else. :lol:

Okay, so Mesmero from Goodwill is still the best match for the Magician and Jubilee is still the one mutant from 616 that Kirkman has written which puts them as the top contenders at this point.

Last edited:
Yeah, if you didn't see my first post on why I thought it was Mesmero, I mentioned that his powers of hypnotism and mind-control could bring out the harshest of feelings in the X-Men. These feelings could be towards each other, against other acquiantances that have caused pain, etc. When the X-Men are just having a good time and a villain comes around who can't allow them to have fun because all of their suppressed feelings is a recipe for a good arc in UXM. I'm game.

Speaking of magicians, if there was a circus type travelling group which happened to contain Mesmero in as a magician, it wouldn't be too far a stretch to include a plasmoid juggling teenage girl in the show.

And speaking of circuses, I thought Spiral was in the travelling freakshow where Wolfsbane worked...

No, Spiral was actually a resident of the Genoshan underground. She's actually the leader of the mutant movement there. I know she was in the same panel with Wolfsbane in issue 50 (Along with Puck and a revised Blob) but they were never named... So, with the exception of Wolfsbane, all of the characters are still able to be "ultimized" techniquelly speaking.

Also, good thoughts with Jubilee, too.

From the solicitations for November:

MARVEL MILESTONES: ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN, ULTIMATE X-MEN, MICROMAN & MANTOR THE MAGICIAN Written by Brian Michael Bendis, Geoff Johns, Harold Delay and Al Gabriele, penciled by Mark Bagley, Aaron Lopresti, Paul Quinn and Al Gabriele, cover by Aaron Lopresti.
From the Mighty Marvel Digital Archives come two rare tales from the early Ultimate Universe! Danny Rand -- the Hero-for-Hire known as Iron Fist -- makes his Ultimate debut in Ultimate Spider-Man #1/2, and Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch come to grips with Magneto's seeming death in the never-before-reprinted Ultimate X-Men #1/2! Plus: Thrill to the Golden Age adventures of Microman and Mantor the Magician from Human Torch #2 (Fall 1940).
48 pages, $3.99, in stores on Nov. 16.​
Does anybody else believe that it's no coincidence that Marvel chose to re-publish stories featuring Mantor the Magician, the month before Kirkman publishes his UXM "Date Night" arc featuring the Ultimate debut of a character named The Magician? ;)

Last edited:
I really hope it's got nothing to do with Mantor. I want it to be someone bad-*** and without a sidekick named "Micro Man".

Goodwill said:
I really hope it's got nothing to do with Mantor. I want it to be someone bad-*** and without a sidekick named "Micro Man".
Just because he has one in that book, doesn't mean he's going to be here.

True, I guess.

Actually, was that a reprint of an old story or a new story with these two characters ultimized? It might not make a difference.

Goodwill said:
True, I guess.

Actually, was that a reprint of an old story or a new story with these two characters ultimized? It might not make a difference.
It's an old story. These kinds of books reprints old stories, but not all of it.

compound said:
From the solicitations for November:

MARVEL MILESTONES: ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN, ULTIMATE X-MEN, MICROMAN & MANTOR THE MAGICIAN Written by Brian Michael Bendis, Geoff Johns, Harold Delay and Al Gabriele, penciled by Mark Bagley, Aaron Lopresti, Paul Quinn and Al Gabriele, cover by Aaron Lopresti.
From the Mighty Marvel Digital Archives come two rare tales from the early Ultimate Universe! Danny Rand -- the Hero-for-Hire known as Iron Fist -- makes his Ultimate debut in Ultimate Spider-Man #1/2, and Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch come to grips with Magneto's seeming death in the never-before-reprinted Ultimate X-Men #1/2! Plus: Thrill to the Golden Age adventures of Microman and Mantor the Magician from Human Torch #2 (Fall 1940).
48 pages, $3.99, in stores on Nov. 16.​
Does anybody else believe that it's no coincidence that Marvel chose to re-publish stories featuring Mantor the Magician, the month before Kirkman publishes his UXM "Date Night" arc featuring the Ultimate debut of a character named The Magician? ;)
Me from post 40 said:
E.Vi.L. said:
Who else could be "the magician" amongst the 616 crowd?
From the November solits
icemastertron said:
Thrill to the Golden Age adventures of Microman and Mantor the Magician from Human Torch #2 (Fall 1940).
It could happen. However, this isn't quite 616 is it?
Yeah, I already said that.

Okay I'll bite. Let's say it's Mesmero, Mantor the Magician, or the friggin' Wizard of Oz...

I don't think I heard enough 'bout Mesmero to know what he does exactly...
And...well...I suppose this Mantor guy would use magic, right?...but is he a mutant or...would he ACTUALLY be a magician...or...what? :sure:

XFactor said:
Okay I'll bite. Let's say it's Mesmero, Mantor the Magician, or the friggin' Wizard of Oz...
:lol:

XFactor said:
I don't think I heard enough 'bout Mesmero to know what he does exactly...
Mesmero...mesmorizing....getting a hint yet? :wink:

XFactor said:
And...well...I suppose this Mantor guy would use magic, right?...but is he a mutant or...would he ACTUALLY be a magician...or...what? :sure:
That should be answered by someone who knows about The Magician. Could be Mantor, or could be someone else.

Okay so Mesmero has mind-control powers...guess I start using context clues...and stop being an idiot.

Goodwill said:
Right... Then we can ignore that, right?
Sort of. We can see how the person acted in 616, because we might see that, to an extent. Of course, we'll get a change. Hopefully a good one. :)

Latest posts

Back