Why the Hulk and not Magneto

cmdrjanjalani said:
current raids of the Ultimates in Middle Eastern countries and stuff like that.
Iran.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Just marry it already, Moony.
*jumps on couch*

WHOO! IRAN! I LOVE IRAN!

*pumps fists*

WHOO! I'M IN LOVE!!!

TheManWithoutFear said:
:lol: :lol:
You're being glib, MWoF! You don't even know about the Ultimates! I've studied the Ultimates! You're being glib!

moonmaster said:
Look at the first page of U2 #7. Though they never say it, Iran is clearly highlighted in red on Fury's map. I mentioned it in the U2#7 thread, but no one seemed to care. :(

Yes, they invade Iran because Iran really does have WOMD, unlike Iraq. They didn't overthrow the government, because they're not run by and evil right-wing dictator (there you go Bass).

Bass said:
???

I don't get it, I've missed something.

I DEMAND YOU TELL ME! TELL ME! TELL ME! TELL ME!

I thought I correctly recognized a right-wing militant leader.

Since when did Magneto affect all metal? I was pretty sure his powers stemmed from the manipulation of the electromagnetic spectrum, hence the title Master of Magnetism. Not all metal would be manipulatable by him. Just produce an execution method with non-ferrous materials, and bam.

Marvel really needs to look at the way they write their characters, compared to what they tell us. The plastic cube for him and Lorna is unnecessary for the same reason; just use a non-magnetic metal for the cell.

jtg3885 said:
Since when did Magneto affect all metal? I was pretty sure his powers stemmed from the manipulation of the electromagnetic spectrum, hence the title Master of Magnetism. Not all metal would be manipulatable by him. Just produce an execution method with non-ferrous materials, and bam.

Marvel really needs to look at the way they write their characters, compared to what they tell us. The plastic cube for him and Lorna is unnecessary for the same reason; just use a non-magnetic metal for the cell.

A broad range of electromagnetic abilities implies that his magnetic abilities stretch beyond the magnets we humans are capable of producing. Every metallic element can be magnetized, it would require more energy to magnetize certain elements than others. See in a huge mass of atoms of any given metal, the electrons create an electron cloud, the protons fail to differentiate the electrons they came in with from everyone else's so they share. A magnet is when the electrons are all, or mostly, moved to one side of the mass of protons. So, any metal can be magnetized, and be affected by a magnet. It's just a question of what kind of magnet and how powerful that particular magnet is.

Hawkeye101 said:
A broad range of electromagnetic abilities implies that his magnetic abilities stretch beyond the magnets we humans are capable of producing. Every metallic element can be magnetized, it would require more energy to magnetize certain elements than others. See in a huge mass of atoms of any given metal, the electrons create an electron cloud, the protons fail to differentiate the electrons they came in with from everyone else's so they share. A magnet is when the electrons are all, or mostly, moved to one side of the mass of protons. So, any metal can be magnetized, and be affected by a magnet. It's just a question of what kind of magnet and how powerful that particular magnet is.

*head explodes*

Either that, or since he amped his powers they can control all metal.

Hawkeye101 said:
No, it's magic.

cmdrjanjalani said:
I really think 9/11, as we see it is what they have in UU. Millar has mentioned that he's trying to make the Ultimates as realistically as possible, including the acknowledgment of current events. That's why he decided to use Dubya's mug for the President, current raids of the Ultimates in Middle Eastern countries and stuff like that. Regarding the comment about NYC being attacked, I don't think it specifically means the 9/11 bombing. NYC is probably the whipping boy of the Ultimate Universe, considering all the crazy superhumans running around and trashing everything. It makes sense that the 9/11 terrorist attack was successful, considering that most of the super-heroes only surfaced in 2004, in UU's timeline. Back in UU 2001, Parker is still a skinny normal nerd, Jean Grey's still in the nuthouse because she's hearing voices, and Cap is still a popsicle.

Ahem...2003...they all got their powers in 2003...meanwhile the timeline has now progressed to 2004, about a year after certain individuals got their powers...thus says the TIMELINE MASTER...now begone!

jtg3885 said:

Good point, I didn't even realize there were metals unaffected by magnetism...learn something new everyday I guess. Anyway, good point JTG.

Hawkeye101 said:

Jesus, bunch of ****ing metalurgists on this site or something. Go play with your metal swords.

At least they haven't made him so rediculously unbeleivable that he can rip people apart using the Iron in their blood....

Latest posts

Back