Why the Hulk and not Magneto

Dr.Strangefate said:
At least they haven't made him so rediculously unbeleivable that he can rip people apart using the Iron in their blood....
Which is like in the movie. He can't do anything with it because it's not an efficient amount for him to work with alone. And that's good to have him like that.

icemastertron said:
Which is like in the movie. He can't do anything with it because it's not an efficient amount for him to work with alone. And that's good to have him like that.

I was actually referencing "Eve of Destruction" in which he, unamplified by anything, and without any alteration to anyone's blood, ripped two people open from the inside out.

God, that was a crap story...

Dr.Strangefate said:
I was actually referencing "Eve of Destruction" in which he, unamplified by anything, and without any alteration to anyone's blood, ripped two people open from the inside out.

Well, I was just bringing up an example to back you up.

But maybe those guys had some alcohol and we just didn't know about it... :wink:

Joking, of course.

Dr.Strangefate said:

Never read it...but I wish I had the power to rip people apart from the inside using only my mind. I'd do it to people who cut me off in traffic, anyone who looks at me funny, the gas station attendant who gave me incorrect change back...good thing I don't have super-powers of any kind.

DIrishB said:
Never read it...but I wish I had the power to rip people apart from the inside using only my mind. I'd do it to people who cut me off in traffic, anyone who looks at me funny, the gas station attendant who gave me incorrect change back...good thing I don't have super-powers of any kind.
RANDOM ULTIMATE CENTRALITE: "dude, yur soooo stoopid!"
DIrish: "Don't make me angry...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry..."
RANDOM ULTIMATE CENTRALITE: " wutevar dud!"
DIrish: "I warned you.."
RANDOM ULTIMATE CENTRALITE: " :roll: " *is telepathically ripped apart*

Dr.Strangefate said:
At least they haven't made him so rediculously unbeleivable that he can rip people apart using the Iron in their blood....

Acctually, that is impossible. The ends of the Iron molecules in our blood are attached to the hemoglobin and the oxygen. Therefore there is no open end of the iron molecule to be affected by a magnet. All of the electrons are preoccupied by something else.

Hawkeye101 said:
Acctually, that is impossible. The ends of the Iron molecules in our blood are attached to the hemoglobin and the oxygen. Therefore there is no open end of the iron molecule to be affected by a magnet. All of the electrons are preoccupied by something else.
That's what he was saying. It's crap for Magneto to be able to just affect all metal.

Pandrio said:
That's what he was saying. It's crap for Magneto to be able to just affect all metal.

No, see the metal attached to our hemo globin and the oxygen we need to survive is occupied. However, in theory every single metallic element can be affected by a magnet as long as all of the electrons have been moved to one side of the molecule. As I said earlier, it's just a matter of the strenght of the magnet.

Sorry, just trying to explain how exactly Magneto's powers can and cannot work. He can control all metals (or most of them, some may be too strong for him to manipulate), and he cannot use the iron in our blood to rip us apart, or even rip the Iron out of our blood.

Hawkeye101 said:
Sorry, just trying to explain how exactly Magneto's powers can and cannot work. He can control all metals (or most of them, some may be too strong for him to manipulate), and he cannot use the iron in our blood to rip us apart, or even rip the Iron out of our blood.
If I'm not mistaken, Magneto's powers - the control of magnetic fields is a completely different thing from manipulating chemical bonds. Which means you're right on that Magneto cannot extract iron from our blood.

Hemoglobin is made of an iron-based compound, and it would require some kind of chemical manipulation to do anything with that. This is why in X2: X-Men United, Mystique needed to pump that fat prison guard with iron even though he technically had some in his blood to begin with.

ourchair said:
If I'm not mistaken, Magneto's powers - the control of magnetic fields is a completely different thing from manipulating chemical bonds. Which means you're right on that Magneto cannot extract iron from our blood.

Hemoglobin is made of an iron-based compound, and it would require some kind of chemical manipulation to do anything with that. This is why in X2: X-Men United, Mystique needed to pump that fat prison guard with iron even though he technically had some in his blood to begin with.

No, Ourchair's joined in too. My head hurts worse. :lol:

ourchair said:

As true as they may be, (and yes I do agree that Magneto cannot affect the iron in our blood) the whole chemical thing is well, not efficiant. Magnets are a form of Chemistry. There are four forces that Govern EVERYTHING in the universe, Gravity, Magnetics, Greater Neuclear Energy and lesser Neuclear energy. Magnets are acctuall a governing factor when it comes to just about everything, because even to the samllest degree, everything is affected by magnets.

Hawkeye101 said:
As true as they may be, (and yes I do agree that Magneto cannot affect the iron in our blood) the whole chemical thing is well, not efficiant. Magnets are a form of Chemistry. There are four forces that Govern EVERYTHING in the universe, Gravity, Magnetics, Greater Neuclear Energy and lesser Neuclear energy. Magnets are acctuall a governing factor when it comes to just about everything, because even to the samllest degree, everything is affected by magnets.

You forgot one of the forces, as there are actually five...and the fifth is: Anna Nicole Smith's appetite. Its true. Its a universal constant, ever changing but always there. She is the closest thing we'll ever see to a real life Galactus. You have been warned.

moonmaster said:
RANDOM ULTIMATE CENTRALITE: "dude, yur soooo stoopid!"
DIrish: "Don't make me angry...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry..."
RANDOM ULTIMATE CENTRALITE: " wutevar dud!"
DIrish: "I warned you.."
RANDOM ULTIMATE CENTRALITE: " :roll: " *is telepathically ripped apart*

That would only happen if I was trying to impress a girl and chose not to do it with my bare hands...sometimes I like getting them dirty, other times, not so much. I'm moody like that.

Hawkeye101 said:
There are four forces that Govern EVERYTHING in the universe, Gravity, Magnetics, Greater Neuclear Energy and lesser Neuclear energy.

Or... y'know... we could call 'em Earth, Wind, Water, and Fire respectively. :wink:

Bass said:
Or... y'know... we could call 'em Earth, Wind, Water, and Fire respectively. :wink:
AND TOGETHER THEY COMBINE TO FORM....

CAPTAIN PLANET!

Phew. That was fun. Childhood flashback over now.

We should stick to topic: or at least give the Hulk some recognition in this thread.

Latest posts

Back