Wizard reveals new Ultimates 3 information, sketches

oh god , that sketch can't be the ultimate iron man :(
it really kills the taste of the armor.

and also it looks way too far away from the current iron tech.
it's like 50+ years away from the current armor.

Issued said:
oh god , that sketch can't be the ultimate iron man :(
it really kills the taste of the armor.

and also it looks way too far away from the current iron tech.
it's like 50+ years away from the current armor.

It's just a sketch. That means it might not be the final product. Plus....it's a different artist. They can draw them however they'd like.

I personally like the sketch's look because I think the current one looks a little too bulky. I'd like to see it streamlined a bit more ala 616.

Victor Von Doom said:
It's just a sketch. That means it might not be the final product. Plus....it's a different artist. They can draw them however they'd like.

I personally like the sketch's look because I think the current one looks a little too bulky. I'd like to see it streamlined a bit more ala 616.

nice saying.in my opinion what made UIM special was the bulky look.
and they do it in Ultimates in a cool way i really loved the armor.

on the other hand it looked even bulkier than it actually is at ultimate galactus books.which i really hated :(

anyway i hope the final product will be far far away from the sketch.

Victor Von Doom said:

But the Joe Mad sketch is even less streamlined than the Hitch version.

E said:
But the Joe Mad sketch is even less streamlined than the Hitch version.

Well with the exception of the head/neck area which seems to be bulky and more reinforced......the rest seems "smoother" to me.

Victor Von Doom said:
Well with the exception of the head/neck area which seems to be bulky and more reinforced......the rest seems "smoother" to me.

The arms look screwy to me. I get that Mad has his own style and that's cool, it just would be nice if there was some proportion to it.

E said:
The arms look screwy to me. I get that Mad has his own style and that's cool, it just would be nice if there was some proportion to it.

It would be better if they were more developed sketches. As of now it's just some good doodling.

Well, there's a pretty good chance I won't end up buying the next batch of Ultimates books. From the sounds of it, they're taking everything I liked about the Ultimates and eradicating it. Turning it into more a superhero book is just patently stupid. There are tons and tons of "just" superhero books out there, tons, so you take a book that's been wildly successful in large part because it added to and changed this tired formula, and make it just like all the others? Brilliant! No wonder comics are dying.

And the art just looks ridiculous. Ultimate Iron Man looked great, like a guy in a suit instead of a robot. And then this bozo comes in an ruins it with this stupid looking gundam crap. I'd take all the Miller/Hitch delays in the world over this crap.

You guys wouldn't say that Millar's politics are contrived? I get it - he writes political criticism in his titles well... But I think it is entirely too forced. Then again, any politics gives me a headache. That's one thing I can't stand.
We've been over this. Millar's pretty fair with his political views and he's probably the best at writing them into stories. How do you force something like that into comics anyway?

We've been over this. Millar's pretty fair with his political views and he's probably the best at writing them into stories. How do you force something like that into comics anyway?

I think he meant forcing in his political views. Like an out of place sentence commenting on politics that just doesnt fit with whats going on, I think Millar does it well in Ultimates

Well, there's a pretty good chance I won't end up buying the next batch of Ultimates books. From the sounds of it, they're taking everything I liked about the Ultimates and eradicating it. Turning it into more a superhero book is just patently stupid. There are tons and tons of "just" superhero books out there, tons, so you take a book that's been wildly successful in large part because it added to and changed this tired formula, and make it just like all the others? Brilliant! No wonder comics are dying.

And the art just looks ridiculous. Ultimate Iron Man looked great, like a guy in a suit instead of a robot. And then this bozo comes in an ruins it with this stupid looking gundam crap. I'd take all the Miller/Hitch delays in the world over this crap.

Agreed. Once I get Grand Theft America in TPB, I'm out. I'll download the odd issue to see what's going on, but spending money on this crap? Hell no.

I disagree. I love Joe Mad's art and I know that if Millar and Hitch continued they wouldn't do much better then Ultimates and Ultimates 2. It would just be downhill so changing the aspects of the comic seems the logical choice.
I'm looking forward to this.

I disagree. I love Joe Mad's art and I know that if Millar and Hitch continued they wouldn't do much better then Ultimates and Ultimates 2. It would just be downhill so changing the aspects of the comic seems the logical choice.
I'm looking forward to this.

This is the logic that I'm taking with U3. I mean how in the world do you top an alien invasion and a full-out attack on America? It's not that Millar jumped the shark on the book----but it's just a big thing to top.

That's why I'm looking forward to the change in creative team. I'm not a huge fan of Mad's art.....but I do like Loeb's work. So for that I'm excited.

But sometimes creative teams changes can be a bad thing. Case in point---I love Loeb/McGuiness work on Superman-Batman.....and they had a few change in artists....but the book kept the same feel. Then Loeb left and the book is just horrible.

I'm rambling now---Either way I look forward to the change.

I loved Mad's art in the 90s, I'm just wondering if it would work 10 years later?

And you can't top Millar's stories. Not in scale, but in character there's a lot of ways you can top it. Will it be the fun action packed Ultimates we love? No.

But that would have ran out under Millar too. I guess you can do an Ultimate Operation Galactic Storm story, or something with Time Travel and still be big. But there can be too big and especially time travel stories get either so big, or so convoluted that they don't work.

There's always an Ultimate HYDRA story he could do, but how could they really be a threat to the Ultimates? Without heavy planning the Liberators would have never taken the Ultimates (in one issue we saw all but Loki and Perun killed).

But in any light, I do not think Loeb is the man for this title. Mad can draw big events and massive fights, we've seen that. But I'm not much of a DC reader, and all I can remember reading of Loeb's was Long Halloween.

I don't think Loeb can do big action. He might prove me wrong, but I'm trade waiting Ultimates 3, as for Ultimates 4?

That depends on how much I liked Ultimates 3.

But I'm not expecting too much from these Volumes.

There's always an Ultimate HYDRA story he could do, but how could they really be a threat to the Ultimates? Without heavy planning the Liberators would have never taken the Ultimates (in one issue we saw all but Loki and Perun killed).

I really wish they hadn't killed all these characters. Some of them were pretty big names, like Abomination. It's so wasteful. They never really got any screen time except to die.

I saw on comic book resources that ultimates 3 will only be six issues long is this true? I hope not I'm hoping for a 12 issue run by loeb and mad.

Sort of. Loeb will actually be writing 12 issues, 6 with Joe Mad and six with Ed McGuiness. I think the structure is expected to be 2 separate arcs.

I saw on comic book resources that ultimates 3 will only be six issues long is this true? I hope not I'm hoping for a 12 issue run by loeb and mad. here's the link http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=151131&page=2

Sort of. Loeb will actually be writing 12 issues, 6 with Joe Mad and six with Ed McGuiness. I think the structure is expected to be 2 separate arcs.

Right, but just so as not to confuse the matter, Loeb will be doing a six issue run on Ultimates 3 with Joe Mad. He'll then do a 6 issue run on Ultimates 4 with Ed McGuiness.

So, at this point, Ultimates 3 will be six issues and Ultimates 4 will be six issues.

(I don't mean to be anal, but I've seen this issue confused to all hell on other boards, and just want it to be clear for newer readers/members).

Latest posts

Back