Wizard reveals new Ultimates 3 information, sketches

Lynx

Two new sketches were shown in Wizard today showcasing Ultimate Iron Man and Ultimate Scarlet Witch.

Ultimate Iron Man - EXTREMELY streamlined and buff. It almost appears that the suit confroms to Tony's body. This also says the Tony will more then likely live.

Ultimate Scarlet Witch - Cross between her original Ultimate outfit and Elektra's Ultimate Spider-Man Super Special costume. Very sultry, and it fits with the new "superhero" take.

Also, Loeb mentions that there will be EIGHT members to start, and it will start in the middle of the story, with everyone having to catch up as the series goes on. Also, Hulk is apart of the Ultimates.

Re: Ultimates 3 Tidbits!

I hope Hank dies or leaves, so Thor can take his spot.

Lynx said:
Two new sketches were shown in Wizard today showcasing Ultimate Iron Man and Ultimate Scarlet Witch.

Ultimate Iron Man - EXTREMELY streamlined and buff. It almost appears that the suit confroms to Tony's body. This also says the Tony will more then likely live.

Ultimate Scarlet Witch - Cross between her original Ultimate outfit and Elektra's Ultimate Spider-Man Super Special costume. Very sultry, and it fits with the new "superhero" take.

Also, Loeb mentions that there will be EIGHT members to start, and it will start in the middle of the story, with everyone having to catch up as the series goes on. Also, Hulk is apart of the Ultimates. Maybe Banner succedes in gaining control of Banner in Wolverine vs Hulk?

My guess? Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Janet Pym, Hank Pym and Banner. I also suspect that Widow will be a villian that the Ultimates are after.

Interesting, especially the news about Hulk. I really do expect him to take a more firm grasp of the Hulk, since its already been foreshadowed in Ultimates 2 (due to the Xavier sessions) and pretty much confirmed in the Ultimates Annual and the new Wolverine vs. Hulk mini series. How they'll reconcile bringing him back onto the team is another story, though. Maybe its possible he does show up towards the end of Ultimates 2 and saves the day (since its pretty much confirmed Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk occurs before the second act of Ultimates 2) in a dues ex machina type way, thereby either redeeming himself or at least getting the public off his back a tad. Or the Ultimates just claim its a different Hulk altogether, which would be a possible avenue given Banner's better control over the Hulk. I'm just interested to see how this is addressed.

You don't have a scanner by any chance, do you Lynx? I'd love to see the artwork.

ProjectX2 said:
I hope Hank dies or leaves, so Thor can take his spot.

I agree. I just don't see Hank staying on the team. Though if Loeb is managing to reconcile the Hulk being on the team, I suppose its possible he does the same for Hank. But Thor is more likely to take at least one of those spots, as his personal politics probably wouldn't come into conflict with the team if they're independantly financed by Tony instead of SHIELD, and totally under the agency's control.

Last edited:

DIrishB said:
You don't have a scanner by any chance, do you Lynx? I'd love to see the artwork.

Wish I did. . .I'd love to show you guys Ultimate Iron Man. I was actually very impressed with the redisgn. It's MUCH different then either the 616 or Ultimate version.

Lynx said:
Wish I did. . .I'd love to show you guys Ultimate Iron Man. I was actually very impressed with the redisgn. It's MUCH different then either the 616 or Ultimate version.

I'm frothing at the mouth here, I might have to go back to my local shop and pick up the new Wizard just to check this out, assuming my buddy I work with (who's a hardcore comic freak) didn't pick it up today.

Doc Comic said:
Perhaps the Iron Man suit is being trimmed down to go along with the Card continuity?

It's not that kind of trimmed down. It looks like an Evangelion, if you know what that is.

-edit-

GOT 'EM!

ironman8kp.jpg

witch1ql.jpg

Last edited:

Not too sure about the new designs.

Meh. I'm all for reinvention, and both designs are certainly different from anything else we've seen in the Ultimate Universe. My real problem is that they seem rather bland and indistinct, relative to the designs we see in the mainstream superhero genre, writ large.

Let's see how they look in color first, before I make a final decision.

so gay.

we're going from ultra realism to anime-esque.

doesn't fit the flavor of the book at all.

The Scarlet Witch looks like the Scarlet Witch from X-Men Legends 2. And her costume during onslaught. In fact so does Iron Man's.

*shrugs* I like the Iron Man design quite a bit. Sure,it's anime-esque, but with the series turing to big action, it certainly fits.

As for Scarlet Witch, as long as the team is no longer funded by the government,the costume works. She wore a costume in the Brotherhood, why not on the Ultimates/Avengers?

Last edited:

iceman said:
we're going from ultra realism to anime-esque.

doesn't fit the flavor of the book at all.

Agreed. :sick:

Could be James Rhodes in the suit....

An actually I am glad Hulk is going to be part of the team. Can't wait to see how he is redeemed in the public's eye.

I hope to God that this artwork doesn't turn out to be too anime. I can't stand that stuff- really bugs me. And more importantly, we really don't need anime in the Ultimate Universe. Now, what I see here isn't really all that bad- the Iron Man design could use some work, but Scarlet Witch is pretty awesome. However, they'd better not go overboard with it. Oh well. At the very least, Ultimates 3 will be interesting....

Volunteer Fire Detective said:
I hope to God that this artwork doesn't turn out to be too anime. I can't stand that stuff- really bugs me. And more importantly, we really don't need anime in the Ultimate Universe. Now, what I see here isn't really all that bad- the Iron Man design could use some work, but Scarlet Witch is pretty awesome. However, they'd better not go overboard with it. Oh well. At the very least, Ultimates 3 will be interesting....

Cap was the most visually impressive, and I didn't get too much of an anime vibe from that drawing (Well, as non-anime Joe Mad can get, anyways). Then again, Cap was the only one colored and inked.

Ultimate E said:
Agreed.

Could be James Rhodes in the suit....

An actually I am glad Hulk is going to be part of the team. Can't wait to see how he is redeemed in the public's eye.

I hope it isn't Jim Rhodes. Tony needs to stay Iron Man. I will be unbelieveably pissed if he dies in Ultimates 2.

And I, too, am glad Hulk will be appearing on the new team. Wolverine vs Hulk really breathes new life into him, and I can't wait to see more. Man, next year's going to be a great Ultimate year!

These two images have convinced me to pick Ultimates 3 up. Seriously. I really like Loeb's choice to make the team more of a super hero team than an object of a government defense plan. Sure, it takes a lot of the realism away, but who needs realism in comic books? I think Millar tries to get too real at times and I think that, if Loeb's taking it back to a less realistic book, I'll be pleased.

Scarlet Witch is fantastic looking, too.

Latest posts

Back