Wizard reveals new Ultimates 3 information, sketches

Re: Ultimates 3 Tidbits!

Entropy said:
Now for the Scarlet Witch. High heels and an *** FLAP?! That's a GREAT costume redesign, because, you know, it makes so much sense. Seriously, it's ridiculous, bordering on recoculous. People are *****ing about Vision getting robo-boobs but they are ok with this? Get off. Why doesn't he just go for broke, make the headpiece ridiculously complicated and overlarge and add a 12 foot long sword to make the outfit seem complete. Bah, I must be in a foul mood today, forgive me. It still looks stupid.
I knew someone was gonna bring Vision into this. It's two seperate characters. Scarlet Witch is a woman and Vision is trying to be one. We already have a good excuse why Scarlet Witch would dress the way she would. It's good enough for me.

If they're trying to make this more like 616, I won't hesitate to drop Ultimates 3. I already have a 616 Avengers monthly.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I knew someone was gonna bring Vision into this. It's two seperate characters. Scarlet Witch is a woman and Vision is trying to be one. We already have a good excuse why Scarlet Witch would dress the way she would. It's good enough for me.

Yeah, that's right, rationalize away:D. It's still double standards and I stand by my opinion the outfit is completely ridiculous and makes no sense.

Bass said:
Don't worry about being confused. Loeb will be throwing in so much exposition via voice-over narration, you won't miss a thing.

As for Joe Mad - I am looking forward to seeing him draw it. I think Loeb and Mad are making the right move by trying to go very differently to Hitllar. If they're not as good, it won't be because of the style they chose. I think it's quite ballsy for Marvel to take one of their top selling titles and totally change its style at the height of its popularity. (Although, one could argue they're changing it to the more safe 'anime/ superhero' genres that are more typical than Hitllar.) I think this change could be a good or bad move, depending on execution.

We'll see.

Don't tell me you're actually going to read, much less BUY, a Loeb book? What happened to the intense hatred of Loebendis?

man, i really hope that they change the costumes shown.
i mean this crap is just stupid!
the witch: not practical at all! good luck fightin in high heels and a skirt. although dont get me wrong, it's really hot:wink:
and ironman? come on! ok i understand leaps in the suits design, but this?
it feels they overshot by years!
all i want is some practically! is that so wrong!?:cry:

if it's overshot by years then that's right because ultimates 2 is taking place around 2002 ultimates 3 will most likly take place in 2006 which is about four years so tony would have plenty of time to inhance the iron man armor

Lynx said:
Don't tell me you're actually going to read, much less BUY, a Loeb book? What happened to the intense hatred of Loebendis?

I like Joe Mad a lot. Maybe I'll change my mind when it hits the stands, maybe I'll DL it, maybe I'll wait for the trade, or maybe I'll drop it halfway through the run. I'm pretty open on this one, solely because of Joe Mad.

Bass said:
I like Joe Mad a lot. Maybe I'll change my mind when it hits the stands, maybe I'll DL it, maybe I'll wait for the trade, or maybe I'll drop it halfway through the run. I'm pretty open on this one, solely because of Joe Mad.

Ah, ok. Wasn't too impressed with his earlier art, but he's been blowing me away with the Ultimates sketches.

a fan said:
if it's overshot by years then that's right because ultimates 2 is taking place around 2002 ultimates 3 will most likly take place in 2006 which is about four years so tony would have plenty of time to inhance the iron man armor

Oh. ok then. i guess that makes..... some sence. i guess it just feels to me that the ultimate universe is just getting more and more 616ish. and that would be horrible! and if im not mistaken, after vaughaun's run on UXM, arent the costumes supposed to change? i just hope noone's wearin masks. because i really hate masks. espically if it looks like wolverine's 616 counterpart.

elfreo said:
Oh. ok then. i guess that makes..... some sence. i guess it just feels to me that the ultimate universe is just getting more and more 616ish. and that would be horrible! and if im not mistaken, after vaughaun's run on UXM, arent the costumes supposed to change? i just hope noone's wearin masks. because i really hate masks. espically if it looks like wolverine's 616 counterpart.

McNiven is supposed to change the costumes with Singer's run. I have faith in McNiven.

Scarlet Witch seems to be biting Elektra and Silver Sable's style when it comes to evening wear.

Nick Fury: We've got a special mission of the coast of South Korea in need of your attention Wanda.

Scarlet Witch: Really? I hope it's a sexy mission....I've got just the thing to wear. *Squeal*

Entropy said:
Yeah, that's right, rationalize away:D. It's still double standards and I stand by my opinion the outfit is completely ridiculous and makes no sense.

Except you're comparing a costume change to a sex change...doesn't work.

a fan said:

Ummmm, no. Ultimates 1 took place over 2002 to 2003, Ultimates 2 takes place in 2004, and Ultimates 3 in 2005 (in the Ultimate timeline). Its already been said Ultimates 3 picks up a year after U2.

Anyway, I'll probably be one of the few who likes the costume changes. Yes, maybe they're more anime-like (and I really despise the anime style), but for some reason I like Iron Man's new look especially. Scarlet Witch's new look isn't great to me, but definitly no worse than her previous costumes...well, maybe a little worse than her Ultimates costume, but much better than her 616ish Brotherhood costume.

DIrishB said:
Except you're comparing a costume change to a sex change...doesn't work.

No, I'm not. I'm comparing stupid and superfluous changes to stupid and superfluous changes. *** flaps make about as much sense as roboboobs, simple as that.

So, 8 members. could be:

1)Capitain America
2)Iron Man
3)Thor
4)Hulk
5)Scarlet Witch
6)Quicksilver
7)Wasp
8 )???? Hank Pyn? A new Black Widow?

Last edited:
Hi-Fi said:
So, 8 members. could be:

1)Capitain America
2)Iron Man
3)Thor
4)Hulk
5)Scarlet Witch
6)Quicksilver
7)Wasp
8 )???? Hank Pyn? A new Black Widow?

Or Ghost Rider.

Yes, Loeb AND Millar mentioned him again in their interview. While it seemed like just a running gag, could there be truth to it?

Lynx said:
Yes, Loeb AND Millar mentioned him again in their interview. While it seemed like just a running gag, could there be truth to it?
Dont remember Millar saying it, but I remember Loeb saying it, but it also seemed like he was joking.

Entropy said:
No, I'm not. I'm comparing stupid and superfluous changes to stupid and superfluous changes. *** flaps make about as much sense as roboboobs, simple as that.

Even *** flaps make more sense than robo-boobs in my opinion. The idea is no different than her Brotherhood/616 bathing suit-like costume. Its a piece of cloth covering her butt. Its really not a big deal. Sure, its a bit gratuitous, but so wasn't Wasps flashing the Hulk or the topless Widow in Ultimates 2 #9. And as I said, I like the new Iron Man armor. The Scarlet Witch costume I'm indifferent about, whereas sex-change Vision I'm totally against, yet resigned to the fact its done and can't do anything about it now.

Lynx said:

That I very much doubt. Even Loeb and Mad wouldn't be willing to go that over-the-top, methinks.

Latest posts

Back