Wolverine: Origins Series (Discussion/Spoilers)

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
#1 was a pretty good issue. It starts off with Wolverine heading to the White House as Dum Dum Dugan is talking to the Madam Secretary. Suddenly their communications (via TV talk) is cut off and it's shown a sewer with a cable missing a huge chunk as its sparking with Wolverine down the sewer. The White House is on alert as a missle is going towards them and the Secret Service take the President into safety, but actually leave Madam Secretary behind.

After the missle "malfunctions" and crashed in the front lawn, Dugan figures out what really happened. The President was never the target. The real target was the Secretary. Wolverine meets up with her and starts bashing her head into the wall knowing that she's a mole as she really works for someone who deals (or dealt with) Weapon X. Then a 'Shiva' samuari-looking robot crashes in and kills the Secretary, silencing her from revealing anything she's not supposed to. Wolverine fights it with his new sword* and eventually cuts it in half.

*Sword recieved in Wolverine #40.

Afterwards, Wolverine departs again.

Then we go to the U.S. Embessy in Santiago, Chile (South America) where U.S. Agents have Nuke ready to go.

End issue.

The art was actually pretty good besides the first two pages. Just the way Dillon drew Wolverines face and lips there were kinda weird. Also, there was a panel were he drew Dugan with buck teeth with space in between them.

3.5/5

Last edited:
Re: Wolverine: Origins Series (Discussion/Spoilers).

Ice said:
Then we go to the U.S. Embessy in Santiago, Chile (South America) where U.S. Agents have Red ready to go.

End issue.

Damnit Ice!! If you're gonna do it, do it right!

The issue ended with The U.S. Agents giving an unshown person orders. The issue ended with a shot of Nuke holding out his hand saying, "give me red".

TheManWithoutFear said:
Damnit Ice!! If you're gonna do it, do it right!

The issue ended with The U.S. Agents giving an unshown person orders. The issue ended with a shot of Nuke holding out his hand saying, "give me red".
Excuse me! I don't know the character. It was only a mistake. :roll:

Ok...so it's been well documented that I hate Wolverine. But I still had to read this for the sake of reading it and finding out what happened to him.

I hate Dillon's art.

The story itself was just meh. Maybe because its the 1st issue. Hopefully it picks up.

But am I the only person who finds it stupid (...and redundant) that the man with 3 indestructable blades on each hand, uses a sword??? WTF??? :?

Victor Von Doom said:
But am I the only person who finds it stupid (...and redundant) that the man with 3 indestructable blades on each hand, uses a sword??? WTF??? :?
It's not a normal blade.

And it got the job quicker with the Shiva as what its made of would have given Wolverine more time to hack and slash, and Wolverine wasn't exactly going to be spending that time.

Don't forget there are things that Adamantium can't cut in 2 seconds. Vibranium is almost just powerful as it. And there are other metals like them. They're more or less "cheap knock-offs", but they aren't puddy either, if you know what I mean.

I thought Vibranium was stronger? Wolvie's blades cant cut the Cap's shield, can they?

Ultimates said:
I thought Vibranium was stronger? Wolvie's blades cant cut the Cap's shield, can they?
No. Adamantium is the strongest metal of ALL. Vibranium comes second.

Ice said:
No. Adamantium is the strongest metal of ALL. Vibranium comes second.
Actually there is one stronger its only called vibranium because its extremely rare it doesn't have its own name. The only piece of it nknown to exist. This scientist guy knewn mixing iron and vibranium would make the miracle metal, through the course of tial and error he discovers adamantium but knows there's a strong metal. The one night when he sleeping (or something like that) it was mixed but he never the right combination and was able to shape it into a disk which would be used for Cap's shield, that is the strongest known metal in the 616 (as far as I know)

It doesn't matter what the sword is made of.....it's pointless and redundant.

Victor Von Doom said:
I don't think so. From an article, it was said that it's what can keep Wolverine down in the ground for good.

Victor Von Doom said:
I agree. Unless if there was some purpose for him using it, like something from his past, or if the sword is symbolic in some way.

Random said:
I agree. Unless if there was some purpose for him using it, like something from his past, or if the sword is symbolic in some way.
From what I read there will be a purpose (the actual purpose isn't what I posted above, just something that's "part" of it) though I don't remember reading what exactly.

wolvieoriginhitch.jpg

Hitch is badass.

Last edited:

Finch? FINCH?!

Nuke looks badass.

Patriot Mk2 said:
That stuff with the sword.........retarded.

Yeah...I agree. It doesn't make any sense to have a magical sword or whatever it is. Dumb.

TheManWithoutFear said:
wolvieoriginhitch.jpg

Hitch is badass.
I wish we could see more detail around the claw wounds, but it's still an awesome cover.

On a side note, I not sure if there is anything important I would have missed in issue #1 because I didn't read Origins and Endings, I'm waiting for the TPB, but if there is would you please fill me in. I was absolutely clueless about this nuke guy on the last page. Does anyone know who he is? Does he even have a history?

As for the sword, I personally think it's cool. It's clearly got some mystic background. I think they're going to do something to the degree that it's meant to be wielded by men who are on a mission of justice. He's clearly not going to keep it that long.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back