Wolverine - series discussion (spoilers)

I will be seriously upset if Millar doesn't do a follow-up to this series... This is probably now one of my favorite things he's written, and now it looks like he's going to build a superhero team and take down the bad guys...

The simple fact that we didn't meet Osborne or Doom (other than the brief moment of Doom looking on from rooftop) proves that there's plenty of story left to tell... Plenty of villains left for Logan to kill. I actually bet Doom knew that Wolverine was headed to New Babylon. I bet he's been waiting to take things over entirely for a long time. OR we'll find out that it's Sue under the mask. Or something like that. They mentioned that people don't know what happened to Sue or Johnny.

And having just reread everything, I have to say he handled the X-Men massacre perfectly. It was perfect and horrifying in every way it needed to be. I was worried when Wolverine had started to say that they broke him, because I couldn't imagine how they could, but they did what is probably the only thing that could rip his heart out.

Also: There needs to be a living X-Man from that day who blames Logan for what happens. Someone we wouldn't expect.

But seriously... We better be hearing news of a follow-up in the next couple of months. I'm cool waiting a while, but this story is far from over.

I think there's going to be a sequel. Millar asked people on his forum if they would like to see one and everyone said yes. And there's a bunch of story ideas that were hinted at that could be explored, like "Doom" watching them. I want to see what happens from now to when he meets up with Sue and joins those New Defenders.

As for the issue, I loved it. I've been waiting to see Old Man Banner since Millar first talked about him before the story started. McNiven's art is probably the best he's ever been - definitely worth the delay. Fantastic story and one of my favourite Millar works.

I just read Old Man Logan.

How did this fall under my radar?

It was great. I loved it. I just read a review on it that called it Wanted meets Unforgiven - that's brilliant.

I loved all of the little things - Emma Frost being young, the inbred Hulks...everything. This was almost perfect.

I just wish it had an ending.

I just read Old Man Logan.

How did this fall under my radar?

It was great. I loved it. I just read a review on it that called it Wanted meets Unforgiven - that's brilliant.

I loved all of the little things - Emma Frost being young, the inbred Hulks...everything. This was almost perfect.

I just wish it had an ending.

It does have an ending?

And I'm pretty sure I told you about it on Twitter.

It does have an ending?

And I'm pretty sure I told you about it on Twitter.

I meant more of a resolution. Something more than just riding off into the sunset because that's not what he's doing.

Maybe it was written with the sequel in mind. I dunno.

i think you don't pay attention.

Maybe I remembered it subconsciously. I just realized I don't even know what made me seek it out and read it just now.

I have horrible memory. Cut me some slack.

The Wolverine and Hulk in Millar's FF run are these characters too.

The Wolverine and Hulk in Millar's FF run are these characters too.

Ooooohhhhhh. Yeah. That makes sense.

Is there a reading order for all of those intertwined stories (inc. 1985 and whatever else was involved)?

For the sake of my own sanity I checked last night - I didn't see you mention it to me directly.

It might have been Moonmaster. I remember someone mentioning the Millar comics they were reading and Old Man Logan wasn't one of them. I told them to get it and they ignored me.

Ooooohhhhhh. Yeah. That makes sense.

Is there a reading order for all of those intertwined stories (inc. 1985 and whatever else was involved)?

Old Man Logan takes place before the second arc (not chronologically, but storywise) and 1985 takes place before the last arc with the Master of Doom.

Last edited:
Maybe it was written with the sequel in mind. I dunno.

Apparently he just pitched the Sequel to Marvel. Bet we see him back on the core Wolverine book when it opens back up. Old Man Logan 2 will start in 2011, i predict.

So, I loved Old Man Logan. I bought the hardcover. And with great excitement I read Enemy of the State today.

It was not nearly as good. I was kind of bummed. It was OK, but I was expecting Old Man Logan greatness. No such.

I hope to read through Agent of SHIELD tonight - maybe it will pick up but something tells me not to expect it to.

Imagine if McNiven drew Enemy of the State.

Then I guess you better snikt yourself.

Get Mystique Part 1 is a free comic on Marvel's iPhone app today so I read it - it was good. I liked the twist.

Now I'm thinking I should go back and read the last few Wolverine arcs. This is the second story I've read that has surprised me. Even Enemy of the State/Agent of SHIELD was better than I thought it would be (before I read Old Man Logan).

Latest posts

Back