Wolverine & The X-Men (Spoilers) (Jason Aaron run)

Re: Wolverine & The X-Men (Spoilers)

This looks like one huge prologue to Here Comes Tomorrow.

Really? Shrinking down to miniature size and exploring the human body? That's what we're doing? Really?

'Pleeeaase let this be a normal mission!'
'- With the Wolverizz? NO WAY!'

Im going to feel very silly if nobody gets that reference

Last edited:

:D :D :D :D

Nerd Brood. Kid Gladiator.

And while the new Hellfire Club seemed a weird fit for Schism, it's a pretty perfect antagonist for this group.

I just hope they release some of those classes as courseware....

Last edited:

Really? Shrinking down to miniature size and exploring the human body? That's what we're doing? Really?

'Pleeeaase let this be a normal mission!'
'- With the Wolverizz? NO WAY!'

Im going to feel very silly if nobody gets that reference

I have the theme song stuck in my head now.

This was a great start and it didn't even feel like a "set-up issue" most #1's have. Everything was great from the bathroom turning into the Danger Room to Janitor Toad and the BAMF! creatures.

The class list is also perfect and hilarious. Best courses ever. :lol:

I loved this book so hard

Though I don't buy Gladiator raising such a dink

Sex Ed with your Instructor Remy LeBeau made me laugh pretty hard

Preview of issue #3

Now that it's been revealed that Kitty is the one who's pregnant (which makes sense due to her being hooked up to the machine as shown some posts above), maybe finding out how/why she's pregnant is why they go into her body?

Last edited:

Bachalo apparently is just doing the first three issues and Nick Bradshaw takes over as regular artist with #4 and onwards.

Can't say it's a huge surprise myself. Most of the time Marvel says an artist is part of a new series, they're never on it for very long. :(

Last edited:

There's a Twitter account for the school now. :lol:

tumblr_lxc3dcMEEh1qasnlao1_500.png

I'm wondering if I should pick this up. The first issue was kind of fun. Probably wait for the trade.

The first arc was great. Bachalo was superb on the art side, especially the splash page in #3, Wolverine's version of "get off my lawn" :p. Bradshaw is good too and I very much enjoyed his art in #4. The good news is that Bachalo will indeed be back (see link below) as he and Bradshaw will be alternating arcs.

Having Krakoa be the land that the school is built upon and now is on Wolverine's side, that's just great. Talk about the land itself being a great defense against intruders. And now having Genesis and Angel in the school will make things that much more interesting. Although #4 explains about the two new students, you definitely have to read Uncanny X-Force (#1-19) for the entire story. It's worth it.

Angel having to be a student again is also a bit weird, but it's something I'm looking forward to seeing how that goes for him and everyone. Especially Iceman who now basically is his "guardian" while he's in the no-memory-of-who-he-was state.

Also, Jason Aaron talks about the series over at Newsarama. Favorite part of mine:

Nrama: There was a lot of interesting character stuff in the first three issues, especially with Iceman. It seems that other characters have been telling him for years that he isn't living up to his full potential, power-wise — I remember being a kid and reading Uncanny X-Men #314 back in 1994, where Emma Frost takes control of his body — and you really dealt with that issue head-on in #2. Will we continue to see him heading down that path?

Aaron: Yes, most definitely. That was not a one-shot thing. I'm a big Iceman fan, and I felt the same way, where we've seen fits and starts throughout his life, where he seems to sort of tease that he has this great potential, and that his power is limitless, and he's an omega-level mutant, but it's not always been followed up on. I just wanted to firmly establish him as one of the premier X-Men over the course of this, and that'll be a goal going forward. You can't do that in just one scene. I had a lot of fun with that scene, but that's just the beginning. I'll continue to try and develop Iceman — not just in terms of his powers, but obviously we teased in that issue that there might be a little bit of a love interest going on between he and Kitty, so that's something that will continue to be explored. A lot of big plans for Iceman coming up this year.
:D

Last edited:

I read the issues online, and I enjoyed them enough that I will probably get the trades of this as they come out. I also read SCHISM. I like a lot of this, particularly Kid Gladiator and Quentin Quire.

I do, however, hate the Hellfire Brats. They are a very, very bad villain for a series. They are fun as an occasional thorn in the side, but to me, the law suit is enough of a finish that I would assume it was the end. But they're relevance to SCHISM indicates they're to be a big bad. And they suck.

So, I'm not sure. I think this has a lot of room for fun.

Latest posts

Back