Wolverine & The X-Men (Spoilers) (Jason Aaron run)

Re: Wolverine & The X-Men (Spoilers)

It seems to be not very popular, though I enjoyed it.

The next issue is the Date Night arc followed by the current arc with Wolverine and some of the students in the Savage Land. The issues have been better than the Circus arc. Then after that it's the big Hellfire Saga arc that Aaron's been building up to with the Hellfire kids since issue 1.

Why is the brother some time traveling hillbilly?

And how is training the kids to use laser weapons some sort of jib at wolverine?

I'm missing something here. The Date Night combined with this, with the horrible AvX tie ins have completely put me off the magic of the book that I was enjoying.

I've decided to drop this. I can't justify spending more money on this series hoping that it will get better after how bad it got. Which is too bad, b/c it was really quirky and fun for the first 10 issues or so.

I've decided to drop this. I can't justify spending more money on this series hoping that it will get better after how bad it got. Which is too bad, b/c it was really quirky and fun for the first 10 issues or so.

I really don't think it's terrible right now. It's really only great when it focuses on the kids and Dog is a pretty stupid villain but it's still mills better than that circus arc.

I didn't think the circus arc was as bad as most people claim it to be. I'm also enjoying the current arc, most especially the art by Ramon Perez.

I really don't think it's terrible right now. It's really only great when it focuses on the kids and Dog is a pretty stupid villain but it's still mills better than that circus arc.

Well, okay, but "not terrible" isn't enough to keep me interested at this point.

I didn't think the circus arc was as bad as most people claim it to be. I'm also enjoying the current arc, most especially the art by Ramon Perez.

Fair enough, but I honestly thought it was some of the worst garbage I've read in a while. But even before that arc, the AVX tie-in issues weren't great.

I think it boils down to the fact that you're a devoted X-Men fan and so you've got an attachment to X-titles that I don't have. Maybe I'm misrepresenting you, I apologize if I am. I'm the same way with Spider-Man. I enjoy Spidey even when it's ASM isn't great. And when it gets bad enough that I do drop it, it's painful for me. X-Men on the other hand, I have no attachment to. If I'm not enjoying it, there's no reason to keep reading it.

I also pay for my comics almost all the time, so it's also an issue of $4 I could spend on another title. I want to check out Hickman's stuff on Avengers and/or New Avengers, so the plan is to drop this in favour of one of those.

Last edited:

Well, okay, but "not terrible" isn't enough to keep me interested at this point.

Fair enough, but I honestly thought it was some of the worst garbage I've read in a while. But even before that arc, the AVX tie-in issues weren't great.

I think it boils down to the fact that you're a devoted X-Men fan and so you've got an attachment to X-titles that I don't have. Maybe I'm misrepresenting you, I apologize if I am. I'm the same way with Spider-Man. I enjoy Spidey even when it's ASM isn't great. And when it gets bad enough that I do drop it, it's painful for me. X-Men on the other hand, I have no attachment to. If I'm not enjoying it, there's no reason to keep reading it.

I also pay for my comics almost all the time, so it's also an issue of $4 I could spend on another title. I want to check out Hickman's stuff on Avengers and/or New Avengers, so the plan is to drop this in favour of one of those.

if it's between this and Hickman's avengers go Avengers.

And the only comics I read that I don't pay for are the ones my roommate buys.

And the only comics I read that I don't pay for are the ones my roommate buys.

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you or anyone else in particular doesn't pay for their comics. My point was that have a certain amount I am willing to spend each month, so it doesn't make sense to waste money on a comic I'm not really enjoying.

Today's X-Position at CBR is on Jason Aaron answering a few questions about the title with some preview art for the next couple issues.

1364931270.jpg

Am I the only one who liked the Frankenstein arc? I thought it was the embodiment of goofy fun everyone says is missing from the title now.

The new arc honestly hasn't done as much for me, but the last issue was a step up in quality.

Am I the only one who liked the Frankenstein arc? I thought it was the embodiment of goofy fun everyone says is missing from the title now.
I liked it, too. It isn't the best arc of the book, but I thought it was still enjoyable.

The new arc honestly hasn't done as much for me, but the last issue was a step up in quality.

The line between goofy fun and stupid is very fine. It came down on the stupid side for me so I didn't enjoy it.

Last edited:

Anyone read #29, where it goes 25 years into the future? It was a great issue, with it being a palette cleanser from the previous arc and at the same time setting up the next arc and future stories.

Picture2-10_zps2db0f3e7.png

Plus we got a peak at the son of Kitty & Bobby!

Picture1-25_zps03e0f81a.png

Anyone besides Baxter and myself still reading the series?

I've still been enjoying the series by Jason and will be sad to see him go with #42 in February. Him and Bradshaw were a perfect team to me like Gillen and McKelvie on YA.

Just finished the omnibus. Overall I liked this series but as like many comic series it felt a little rushed in places, tried to introduce a few too many characters and had it's weak arcs, but overall it was enjoyable. I liked the fact that in the omnibus you are aware that it's tying into various events but it does that without getting in the way too much.

Wolverine as a headmaster is explored nicely. Most if the kids I actually cared about as opposed to being carbon copies of the older xmen. I can't say that of new mutants.

I would have liked slightly more school based stuff like exams, what some of the lessons were actually like, overall though very fun.

Latest posts

Back