Wonder Woman

natasha+henstridge.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple guys at the LCS were talking about this film earlier and one guy suggested Charisma Carpenter. I know she was mentioned earlier in this thread and after some thought. I agree. Mine (and his) reasons--

• Looks
    Carpenter is in her 30's. So she has the "grown woman" look down. And after cross-referencing her pic with several different pics of Wonder Woman, I've decided that she could pull off the "Michael Turner Wonder Woman" (my personal fav aside from Hughes) very well.

carpop7.png

• Acting
    Can she act? Yes. But is she ready for a major picture role of this magnitude? I don't know. But by that logic, was Routh? And look how he turned out. So with her experience on Buffy, Angel, and several other roles...I say picking her is no more riskier than an unknown.

• Reference
    Carpenter's experience with Buffy and Angel makes her a vet at the writing style of Whedon. She knows his quirks and tics. She can decipher how he meant for her to sound or come off in the script. So her time working with him can only be in her favor.

She about 5'7"-5'8". So she stands a little taller than a lot of actresses in Hollywood right now. Throw in some camera angles and lifted boots and she's got the height. Put her on a strict workout regimine to bulk her up a bit and BOOM! You got Whedon's Wonder Woman.

IMO anyway........

Right now on IMDB Morena Baccarin is rumored to fill the role.

morenabaccarin015wo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish it's one of those two. They either would pull of the look and the whole persona. They've both worked with Whedon before.

I think I would prefer Monica. Even though Charsima is clearly hotter.

I think Carpenter is best suited so far.

Victor Von Doom said:
Ok....I'm just gonna throw this out there....

Watcher....in the future---if you're post a pic of a female who might be up for some future role......could you post a pic that doesn't involve them being in lingerie? Some people look at this stuff at work or school. Posting pics like that is a good way for the site to be banned at these places.

And don't say it was just a cheap excuse to post a pic like that. You could just have easily posted this....
:-x ... you are no man....

Planet-man said:
I don't get why so many people want Morena Baccarin to play WW. She's too petite, too spanish-looking, just... completely wrong for the part.

Blargh.:(

I actually haven't heard anyone else clamor for her. The posting on IMDB was the first I've heard.

I would assume they are looking at her based on her origins. Although comics have always drawn her as "white"....the fact remains that she's a Greecian Amazon. I don't know if you've ever been to Greece.....but the majority of the people I saw were olived-skinned (as Baccarin is). So she has the visual look closest to the "race".

It's your basic "Cleopatra/Elizabeth Taylor" debate.

Random said:
:-x ... you are no man....

No disrespect to the other younger members of the board but, coming from a 19 year old.....all I can say is :roll:

Did you even read my reason why I object to posting the pics? It's the same reason why a lot of posts are deleted. It's just not appropriate for a public forum open to minors. So again I say to you: :roll:

Victor Von Doom said:
I actually haven't heard anyone else clamor for her. The posting on IMDB was the first I've heard.

You should see the Superman Homepage forum. There are a handful of members who insist Weldon would be crazy to cast anyone else.

I would assume they are looking at her based on her origins. Although comics have always drawn her as "white"....the fact remains that she's a Greecian Amazon. I don't know if you've ever been to Greece.....but the majority of the people I saw were olived-skinned (as Baccarin is). So she has the visual look closest to the "race".

I understand all that but the fact remains that, like you said, she's never been drawn as anything other than snow-white caucasian in the comics. That's what I want to see on the big screen. Besides, I think the fact that she's from a magical race of immortals can easily explain away her muddled heritage.

Superman's only ever been shown as white, but what if they discovered some sciencey thing that proved anyone from a planet with a Red Sun would be black? Would that mean they should cast a black guy as Superman?

Victor Von Doom said:
Watcher....in the future---if you're post a pic of a female who might be up for some future role......could you post a pic that doesn't involve them being in lingerie? Some people look at this stuff at work or school. Posting pics like that is a good way for the site to be banned at these places.

I have to back VVD on this point, there is no reason to post pics of girls wearing little to nothing or showing off underwear to say that they are going to play Wonder Woman. Considering I look at this forum in a variety of places (work, public library, etc.) I do not wish to see the pics when you can find much better pics.

But then again, this is the watcher, who does have a tendency to post everything about anything whether or not it's true.

EDIT: Oh, VVD, according to DSF, Wonder Woman isn't Greek, she was made from clay to resemble the perfect woman

Last edited:
Planet-man said:
You should see the Superman Homepage forum. There are a handful of members who insist Weldon would be crazy to cast anyone else.

Hmmmmmm........weird. Not that she wouldn't be any good in the role....but I just think that Carpenter fits the role perfectly.

Planet-man said:
Superman's only ever been shown as white, but what if they discovered some sciencey thing that proved anyone from a planet with a Red Sun would be black? Would that mean they should cast a black guy as Superman?

It's only logical.

Alright everyone, chill out.

Understandable that some may prefer other pictures, but seriously, the picture that The Watcher posted isn't nothing on a "bad" level. She isn't in a pose that would be deemed inappropriate and come on, some of you have posted "worse" things.

Victor Von Doom said:
No disrespect to the other younger members of the board but, coming from a 19 year old.....all I can say is :roll:

Did you even read my reason why I object to posting the pics? It's the same reason why a lot of posts are deleted. It's just not appropriate for a public forum open to minors. So again I say to you: :roll:
Yeah I understand your reasons and they are reasonable, it was just a joke. And I agree with Ice in that they are not that inapporpiate and if you in a work place or something just scroll passed it fast, its what I do

Anyone else having trouble geting excited about Wonder Woman? Its just not a project that I've been able to get behind, let alone debate wich stunningly beautiful woman should play her.

I dunno.

Latest posts

Back